The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Energy Weave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Energy Weave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Energy Weave Reply with quote

Hi all
I was wondering if there exists any where in the vast library of Star Wars knowledge contained in you collective heads a peice of equipment like an Energy Weave. What I mean by that is some sort of material like thing that helps absorb damage from energy weapons.

I have a character has a nice suit of armor that soaks physical damage quite well but is lacking on the energy soaking side. So I was wondering how to modifiy it to be better at soaking energy and thought that something like and Energy Weave added to the armor might work well, if it existed.

So any comments or evidence in star wars universe for such a thing? Or has anyone already thrown one together? Or other ideas of how to make a mainly physical armor better soak energy damage?

Thanks
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there is such a thing. Search the Equipment Stats book and I'm sure you'll find it. The name "electromesh" springs to mind, but I might be mistaken.

Anyway, if such a thing exists officially, it's in the Equipment Stats book....
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, I new my idea couldn't have been all my own and that I had probably seen something similar in one of your awesome compiliation books

Yes electromesh is there as a seperate armor, I guess I can use that as a starting point to develope or justify the EnergyWeave I want to put on my armor.

The problem with electro mesh - besides being really expensive (12,000 credits) - is that it seems to have a rather higher Dex penalty than I would have thought for a "light weight...form fitting suit" that looks kinda like spandex.

So if I were to make Energy Weave I guess I would only give it a +1d to energy soaking (addition to what energy weave is added to) instead of the 1d+2 of electromesh and then I could drop the dex penalty to +1 or drop it all together....

Any other thoughts
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looking at it now, This listed Electromesh is not just a spandex thing, it's a complete armor (it also grants +1D physical). I think what you had in mind is more in line with the Reflect Body Glove in the previous page. This is indeed a spandex-like thing that will grant you +1D against energy attacks and no Dex penalties. As a downside, the suit can whithstand only five blasts, and only medium an long range shots. It's tough but fair.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i cant remember exactly what book it was in, but i think it was in one of the compiled stories books. but they created a suit of armor that was all but invincible to blaster fire. it looked almost exactly like stormtrooper armor, but obviously, had some special modifications,

you had to turn this armor on to get the blaster immunity, so you could be suprised and get shot normally. it could only be activated for so long, as it would run out of power, and it raidiated on the IR spectrum quite brightly. dont know if any of you remember that set of armor, but it seems close to what its describing.
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Gry!

Yeah, the reflect body glove does seem to be more along the lines of what I was looking for. The electromesh picture and description of being "form fitting" probably helped me make the jump to spandex to quickly.

Vong - yeah I remember that, I think it was a one of a kind armor worn by that snakelike Bounty Hunter guy in one of the Galaxy Guides. It stopped all energy weapons but was useless against projectiles and brawling - but since it is one of a kind I don't think I will be able to copy the technology very easily, grrrr Mad
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
personally i cant remember exactly what book it was in, but i think it was in one of the compiled stories books. but they created a suit of armor that was all but invincible to blaster fire. it looked almost exactly like stormtrooper armor, but obviously, had some special modifications,

you had to turn this armor on to get the blaster immunity, so you could be suprised and get shot normally. it could only be activated for so long, as it would run out of power, and it raidiated on the IR spectrum quite brightly. dont know if any of you remember that set of armor, but it seems close to what its describing.

I don't remember that.. BUT i do know of the Barbel microbe vest from Galadiniums. Due to the microbes in the vest, when it encounters energy, they 'feed' and get stronger. So as you get hit by blaster bolts, their damage resistance goes up.

One of the PCs in our campaign (sparks) has devised a way to make them hit 'full potential' instantly, by having a power pack from a blaster pistol, linked up via a charging unit, that pumps 8 "shots worth" into the vest in one round, shooting it up to full protection (3d energy)...
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar idea, Garkhal. I had a Verpine rig up a small battery pack that constantly fed power to the microbes keeping them nice and robust.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: