The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Money
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Money Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkclown789
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Money Reply with quote

Hey all,

In my campaign my GM just let us all have like 200,000 credits. I have been looking up stuff to buy but there is nothing besides ships... which he will allow only one in our group.

I would like something to buy. You'd think I could get something cool besides 1,000 thermal detonaters Laughing

Darkclown

Wolves do not concern themselves with the opinions of sheep.
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, is that 200,000 for EACH character or the entire party? Because I would absolutely slaughter fellow party members for that much creditage!

What sort of character are you running? What sort of things do you want your character to have? I've got access to tons of stuff I can give you prices and stats for (official prices and stats, no less), but I need to know what you want first.
Krayt
Captain
Captain

Well, thermal detonators are nice, picture 200 thermal dets. together, for say 200D damage. However, if you don't want that many dets. I sugest you grab a Bacta Tank (I Think it costs around that much, maybe 100,000). Another option is an E-Web blaster cannon. One good idea is clones and slaves. Why not? I've used clones before. Created a whole three of clone troopers from my character's DNA for around 200,000 creds.
OracleYori
Cadet
Cadet

Don't forget about spacesuits, rebreathers, weapons, power packs, registration papers for the ship, food, water, armor, and the tons of other things- don't forget the rope and towels- never leave home without a towel.

Ascention guns, ion guns, astromech droids for repairs, bacta tank, bacta, etc- you get where I'm going I think- there are a lot of things that a group might need.
darkclown789
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kayle Skolaris wrote:
Dude, is that 200,000 for EACH character or the entire party? Because I would absolutely slaughter fellow party members for that much creditage!

What sort of character are you running? What sort of things do you want your character to have? I've got access to tons of stuff I can give you prices and stats for (official prices and stats, no less), but I need to know what you want first.

I am running a weasely Defel and I belive it was 200,000 total, 75,000 ish per character. Can't remember. might have been 200k a pop.

I have a total of 9D in sneak and have played 1 session with this character, so stealth is what I like.

Darkclown

Cool McCool
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy a hot-tub for your ship.

And get a bar installed, too.

It's awesome for when you want to entertain.
Allst Beamem
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that many creds i think id make a droid chr...mmmm attaatchhmeents 8)
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allst, you and me both... 200,000 credits can make an AWESOME droid using the rules in Cynabar's Fantastic Technology: Droids.
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ten thousand?!? You could almost buy your own ship for that!"

200,000? Holy Mr. Eko with a stick!

Edit: Here's an idea how you could get your GM to let you buy another ship for the group. Get at least two of you to use all the money to buy nothing but datacards. You'll get tons of datacards with no place to put them. Then tell the GM you aint going nowhere without the datacards. You'll at least get two HT-2200s. Laughing
darkclown789
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hisham wrote:
"Ten thousand?!? You could almost buy your own ship for that!"

200,000? Holy Mr. Eko with a stick!

Edit: Here's an idea how you could get your GM to let you buy another ship for the group. Get at least two of you to use all the money to buy nothing but datacards. You'll get tons of datacards with no place to put them. Then tell the GM you aint going nowhere without the datacards. You'll at least get two HT-2200s. Laughing

Lol... sounds easy enough but my GM bases on what he wants us to do. He doesn't stick to the rules much and binds us in our free will capabilities.

So far, he has run nothing but supplaments...

Darkclown
P.S. I like that droid idea!

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me like your GM is a little too big for his britches. If he continues to be so friggin' closed-minded, feel free to start sabotaging him by having the party start purposely killing off all the NPCs he brings your way- both enemies AND allies. Maybe that'll get the message across. Rolling Eyes

However, if you can figure out a way to work a second ship in as an aid to the party doing what the GM wants, then he might be a bit more open-minded about the idea...

And if you seriously have that kind of credits laying around, (and the GM isn't being an absolute stickler about your party paying for EVERY little thing) then there are PLENTY of options for you to spend the creds on. For your Defel, for instance, you might consider purchasing a soundwave damper, which would add even more to his sneak, because now he's not making ANY sounds at all. The biggest drawback to that, however, would be the fact that you can't hear anything either, so you wouldn't be able to use your sense of hearing to detect someone sneaking up on you from behind.

But you COULD have a really kicking set of armor custom made for you (even including a helmet designed for a Defel's head) that will give you some really decent protection with NO Dex penalty (since it's custom-made to your character's body), and the helmet could be fitted with all kinds of great gadgets. Heck, dude, you could get a set of armor that would rival Boba Fett's (not Mandalorian, of course, because you can't just go out to Bargain Bob's Bonanza of Weapons and Armor to buy a set... but you could probably get real close on the level of protection you get.

And, if your GM gives out that kind of creds all the time, you could even afford to spend a bit past your means and go into debt to get the armor. Heck, that could even provide him with an adventure hook- now you HAVE to take this certain job because it'll pay enough to cover the remainder of your debt... or it's been too long now, the armorer has been patient long enough, and is sending thugs out to collect the money you owe... any number of ideas could be spun from this.
darkclown789
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Sounds to me like your GM is a little too big for his britches. If he continues to be so friggin' closed-minded, feel free to start sabotaging him by having the party start purposely killing off all the NPCs he brings your way- both enemies AND allies. Maybe that'll get the message across. Rolling Eyes

LOL. I'd love to do that. However there are a bunch of complecations to consider. A. The other members of the group (my father included) just go with it amd don't really care about a second ship etc. B. My dad is starting another SW campaign with the rules more binding and the free will a bit more FREE, so he doesn't really mind the binding of free will. C. My Defel's only low stat is Knowledge... 1D+2... which means I have little contacts to get the stuff I want.

However, if you can figure out a way to work a second ship in as an aid to the party doing what the GM wants, then he might be a bit more open-minded about the idea...

I can see that happening. I'll talk to him about it. (I might not have to he is a lurker on this forum).

And if you seriously have that kind of credits laying around, (and the GM isn't being an absolute stickler about your party paying for EVERY little thing) then there are PLENTY of options for you to spend the creds on. For your Defel, for instance, you might consider purchasing a soundwave damper, which would add even more to his sneak, because now he's not making ANY sounds at all. The biggest drawback to that, however, would be the fact that you can't hear anything either, so you wouldn't be able to use your sense of hearing to detect someone sneaking up on you from behind.

I like that idea.

But you COULD have a really kicking set of armor custom made for you (even including a helmet designed for a Defel's head) that will give you some really decent protection with NO Dex penalty (since it's custom-made to your character's body), and the helmet could be fitted with all kinds of great gadgets. Heck, dude, you could get a set of armor that would rival Boba Fett's (not Mandalorian, of course, because you can't just go out to Bargain Bob's Bonanza of Weapons and Armor to buy a set... but you could probably get real close on the level of protection you get.

Again, my streetwise problem to know a trustworthy armour maker to make that kick-@$$ equipment.

And, if your GM gives out that kind of creds all the time, you could even afford to spend a bit past your means and go into debt to get the armor. Heck, that could even provide him with an adventure hook- now you HAVE to take this certain job because it'll pay enough to cover the remainder of your debt... or it's been too long now, the armorer has been patient long enough, and is sending thugs out to collect the money you owe... any number of ideas could be spun from this.

LOL. I doubt he would make a spinoff... but that would be funny!

Thanks for your input all and any more is greatly appreaciated!

Darkclown

Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shares in BlasTech.

Or buy out a smaller arms company and have them develop weapons/armour that you know you'd want.

If you want 'em, others are sure to as well!

It's what Crunch is living off of. Well, that, and the profits of the Moon-Sized Bunny Farm.
cimja revaz
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:

It's what Crunch is living off of. Well, that, and the profits of the Moon-Sized Bunny Farm.

Shocked

Do I want to know why he needs that many bunnies?

End of discussion.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buy a tutor droid. put every major skill and advanced skill you can think of and afford into the droid at as high a level as possible. then use it for training and make others pay you for its use. its the gift that keeps giving. hell if your team mates don't spend their money you'll end up with most of it. especially if you choose skills they will be interested in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: