The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Setting Characters against each other?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Setting Characters against each other? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you like to play/ Game Master against other characters or with other characters?
Characters working against each other
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Characters working as a team
89%
 89%  [ 26 ]
Total Votes : 29

Jace_Terrik
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the gaming group I had that RESERVOIR DOGS-thing with was with a group of friends. They all fairly knew each other.

I think they really relished the fact that they had their own agendas, their own "thing." Also, the fact that they didn't have to be the good guys, but back-stabbing b@st@rd* really seemed to be a welcomed change of pace.

Anyway, we all knew each other and knew it was just a game, so nobody took anything personal.

But all in all, if we're talking about a serious, righteous and "classic" Star Wars-game, especially a campaign, I really think players should work together. Or, if you want to have a PC with his/her own agenda, make it more long-term.

Evil always gets its just desserts. Never in the real world. But in STAR WARS it does.

No wonder I love it so. Razz
There is no chaos; there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many games did it take to play the Reservoir Dogs scenario? 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jace_Terrik
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just the one.

Another Tuco quote:" There are two kinds of spurs in the world, my friend. Those that come through the door. And those that come through the window."

Very Happy
There is no chaos; there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force.
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I let the characters have their own agenda. If they wish to work together, than they do, if not I don't force the issue.

I do however create a situation that is usually benneficial and encourages cooperation.

Occasionally someone will ask me if they can play the villian. I give them the guildlines and the basic plot or motivation for what the villian will be doing, and I don't interfere with either sides plans. I just let them play it out.

I mediate and control the rest of the universe.

I'd get bored of it if it was done all the time, but on occasion its pretty cool.

I even played the villian once, and in about 15 minutes of the game starting I had actually killed all the players. It wasn't so much intentional as it was the fault of the NPC's die rolls and I got some great and very lucky hits in.

But of course what prompted that little situation was a stupid player. You know the kind that does the absolute worst thing he could possibly do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: