The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Types of Armor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Types of Armor Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keradim
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Types of Armor Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Can someone link me or list the different types of Armor available? I am planning on playing a bounty hunter and I wanted to see all my options.

Thanks
Josh
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head over to the Tools section, enter the "Fan-Made Sourcebooks" therad and download my "Equipment Stats" book. There you will find all the amor you can possibly want...
Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and more!
Very Happy
keradim
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Just remember, though, that ALL starting equipment is subject to GM approval...

Many's the time I've had to tone down the armor my characters started with, because the GM wanted to make sure and keep things balanced.

To start, at least... Wink
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Head over to the Tools section, enter the "Fan-Made Sourcebooks" therad and download my "Equipment Stats" book. There you will find all the amor you can possibly want...

Don't take this suggestion lightly. ALL of Gry's books are chock full of very useful items and information. If you haven't downloaded the entire set, do it. It'll help your games immensely!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
...Just remember, though, that ALL starting equipment is subject to GM approval...

Many's the time I've had to tone down the armor my characters started with, because the GM wanted to make sure and keep things balanced.

To start, at least... Wink

Assuming they eve have the chance to ask about those armors starting out. Most of those in the book, i would require some serious streetwising to even LEARN about let alone get ahold of..
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I might not require them to have a high Streetwise; there are ALWAYS circumstances that can be thought up to account for the knowledge, let alone the possession of, such items.

But it'd have to be one HECK of a detailed backstory, though- especially if the character sheet doesn't completely match up. For example, one trip into a black market arms dealer's shop wouldn't necessarily, in my book, qualify as really gaining a whole lot of experience in Streetwise. But the encounter might expose you to a few items your character had previously had no idea even existed. In this case, I wouldn't just let 'em have it, but I would let 'em know about it. Heck, they could even write into there character's goals: "That trip into Honest Faa'zaa's Emporium of Explosives and Other Picture Postcards really opened my eyes; from the moment I laid eyes on that Gundark 12,000 PowerSuit, I knew I had to own it. My sole purpose in life is to get enough credits to buy a suit."

That would certainly provide plenty of motivation for this character to be as cooperative as possible, because they're gonna want as many creds as they can lay hands on. It could also provide a number of adventure hooks, too... Twisted Evil
Razz
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO without the streetwise knowhow, how would he know where the black market was in the first place?
Kayle Skolaris
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all armor is a blackmarket item. And not all characters would be ignorant of where to acquire some simply because they are 'starting characters'. A Coynite warrior, for instance, will definitely know how to get traditional Coynite battle armor. Hell, ANY Coynite raised among other Coynites will know this. Similarly, a Gamorrean raised among Gamorreans will know how to obtain native armors and weapons.

With a clever backstory, you can explain away a LOT of stuff when you're first starting out. Even a Kid can say 'My parents were both bounty hunters. They bought me this armor and blaster when I turned 12 six weeks ago. Dad taught me how to shoot from the time I could hold a blaster and Mom has been teaching me how to use helmet sensors for eight years now. They went off on a bounty a month ago and promised they'd be back in a week. They've never been gone this long without checking in. C'mon, all I need a ride to Ord Mantell, and I got the credits right here...'
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
IMO without the streetwise knowhow, how would he know where the black market was in the first place?

The character could easily have been taken to a black market dealer by another character, an NPC, etc. It could be part of their backstory. A number of scenarios exist to explain how such a character could have been in a black market shop once or even twice, but not have the Streetwise to help them find such a place on their own...
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Got drunk in a bar on Torvallis II, woke up wearing the darn thing, covered in blood, with the Law Enforcement at the door about a noise complaint."
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
"Got drunk in a bar on Torvallis II, woke up wearing the darn thing, covered in blood, with the Law Enforcement at the door about a noise complaint."

As always, Ray, you friggin crack me up!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of assistance. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: