The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My crazyed idea to make my Gming life eaiser
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> My crazyed idea to make my Gming life eaiser
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aise
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: My crazyed idea to make my Gming life eaiser Reply with quote

We'll im a first time GM, well technically second but w/e. The first time i ran a D6 session i ran a clone wars one during which some of my more "I have no life" players told me about some crazy equipment that i had never heard of cus i don't spend countless hours memorizing stuff on wookieepedia. Anyway i decided to make my first campaign so crazy that they couldn't tell me that i had some historical fact wrong and heres the over view of what it is:

Reunited republic Campaign

Timeline:

832 A.B.Y.: The Imperial Sith rose up from the edges of the republic, heavy in dark Jedi, soldiers and technology. They had a new ship that could maintain stealth while making the hyperspace jump and when exiting it which quickly destoryed the republics defenses. The edges of the republic fell quick, the Jedi were sent to fight them and at first failed horribly. The Second had begun, this time against a fair democratic system, the Republic which the first Rebellion had worked so hard to create. The 10,000 or so Jedi that were sent to the front lines either died there or fell to the darkside, less then 100 returned 10 years later when they were finally called back from active duty. Within the next 5 year the Imperial Sith would take over the entire republic except that of the Core Worlds. There the republic had a huge fleet to block them from attacking and for the longest time, it worked.

853 A.B.Y.: The Imperial Sith launched a huge assault, sending their own ships on a collision course into the Republic’s. Millions died within the first week of the battle. The battle for the Core had begun. The space battle along lasted 4 months finally the Sith prevailed, making it to the largest planet, Corruscant where they quickly set up command. The Jedi were at less then 5% of what their number had been before the war.

879 A.B.Y.: The republic continued to make a stand against their oppressors. The killed hundreds of millions of Sith with bombings but killed billions of civilians at the same time. But finally they defeated the Imperial Sith on corruscant in 579.

880 A.B.Y.: There is a rebellion on currscant and the Republic is overthrown replaced with the United Galactic Provisional Government. They set up the Jedi Order as a separate system and refuse to allow them to help in the remainder of the war.

889 A.B.Y.: The Imperial Sith is finally pushed past the outer rim into the unknown region. The United Galactic Provisional Government begins to make decisions only benefiting them and the galaxy enters an age of corruption. Darth Gia, the leader of the sith is killed.

999 A.B.Y.: Some of the non-core worlds who don't benifite from the Provisional goverment, decide it would be better to reinstate the Jedi and the Republic so they overthrow the Provisional Government and for the first time in history have a completely free election and begin to nominate tens of thousands of people for chancellor.

1002 A.B.T.: After 3 years of arguing and fighting the elections are set to take place when another person attempts to enter; Dran Reva, a Jedi. This brings up mass argument, as the Jedi are not to be involved directly with the Republic. However he is allowed to enter and the elections are pushed back one year so that others may run their campaigns against him.

1003 A.B.Y.: The elections are held across the Republic and Dran Reva is elected Chancellor, the leaderless Jedi Councle soon make him the head of the council, making him the most powerful man in the galexy, probably in history since Darth Vader and the Emperor.

1004 A.B.Y.: The Imperial Sith reform and begin to have a small war with the Reunited Republic as Dran Reva calls it.

Alright. What do you think, please give me any suggestions that may make this better for my players even if it means i have to work harder. I do have another few pages of major organisations and major people in the galaxy.
Togron
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, this sounds like an awesome campain youve got set up here. I dig the idea of not having yer players bite at you about stuff, so you just made up your own thing, awesome!! So...what kinds of new technology's have you got set up, id love to hear more about this, very interesting.
Aise
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i decided to write a 11 or so page overview of what has happened since the vong invasion, including most cannon. I've had the Hutts and the Mandalorians been established as major political groups as well as having the Black Sun gang be reinstated as the Blaack Sun Pirates(mostly just to please one of my PCs). For new technology i went further with teh stealth that was in the Trawn books, making ships that were able to fire a single volly of blaster before turning off stealth as well as going in and leaving hyperspace with their stealth on. I tried to add some more stuff, inculding advance pluse weapons and even better viro-weapons and anti-lightsaber armor much like Durge's arm things that he uses in the cartoon except blocking all the limbs completally as well as their back.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With so many Jedi and Sith having been running around in the history of your campaign, you might look into developing lightsaber technology further. In one of the books, Luke was fiddling with his lightsaber to see if he could get it to continue operating even when striking cortosis.

Even as in the Old Republic days, when there were different crystals that imbued a lightsaber with different levels of damage (the highest from a non-augmented crystal was 5D+2), it might be that someone has developed other ways of raising the damage a lightsaber can do in order to more effectively combat the Sith menace. Or, they might even have gone a different route and taken a step or three backwards, reinstating the use of cortosis blades- not to be confused with Sith blades, which are created with Sith Alchemy, and give any Jedi using them an automatic DSP. But weapons of that nature wouldn't require you to come up with any flashy new tech- just a reasonably plausible explanation of their creation process.

Or not; it's your world! Wink
Aise
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have made more lightsaber tech. i made diffrent kind of focusing crystals so the lightsabers could be rapier thin or nearly double their normal width, as well as diffrent crystals to make the lazer lighly less tangable so they curve when you wing them. I hadn't thought of cortosis blades however since only one of my players uses a lightsaber and none of the others have asked about it. Thanks for the suggestion though and i'll consider taking out some time this week to write up some advance lightsaber stats.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice timeline. Setting it outside of established Canon should alleviate your issues with your players not getting Rule 0.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: