The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Hybrid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Star Wars Hybrid Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that. A friend of mine played a predator once, in a game I wasn't involved in. He said it was okay, but not like your game. That idea may be accomplished with some of the alien species in Star Wars. Defels immediatly come to mind.

"I don't buy that cluck like a dog, bark like a chicken stuff." -Col. Jack O'Neill
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Wars Hybrid Reply with quote

Rathe Ehtar wrote:
I successfully combined Star Wars and Resident Evil. It took three months, but I managed to capture the suspense, terror, puzzles, action and drama that made Resident Evil fun and put it into the Star Wars universe. My players enjoyed trying to deal with zombies and all matter of horrors created in the Secret Imperial Lab built on the site of Echo Base. My players were a SpecForce team and had to deal, not only with hungry zombies, but had to explore the base for clues. The base had lost power and as you could imagine, made the situation even more difficult. I even managed to throw in mini bosses, in the form of mutated Wampas.
Even though we managed to get only 2/3 of the way through the adventure, I proved that the hybrid was not only possible, but a lot of fun.

I had planned for a second installment involving Civilian characters, but it never got off the ground. A shame because it was going to be even better than the last.

What do you think? Have any of you done any hybrid games before?

I was about to start a Resident Evil game but this would suprise the heck out of my players, I'm gonna give that a try Twisted Evil 8)

If anyone has the stats for predators or aliens I would appreciate them Very Happy

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like that webpage I posted with alien stats no longer exists. Stupid Yahoo.

They were really cool and well thought out too Mad
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't D6 but maybe someone could convert it it has both Alien and Predator stuff. 8)

http://www.serenadawn.com/AlienRPG-Contents.htm

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fusion system i think is a combination of D10 and D6... cyberpunk is fusion... DBZ is instant fusion, which uses only D6... just craploads of them...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even bother to check out the system, just the info on the Aliens and Predators 8)

Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've played the system before Wink

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first glance it looked complicated, is it? 8)

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Looks like that webpage I posted with alien stats no longer exists. Stupid Yahoo.

They were really cool and well thought out too Mad

Found some new D6 stats for aliens and this website has d6 preditor stats too. http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/2352/alipred.html

It's not the same though the other site had the aliens actually absorb radar so they were harder to detect with scanners (2d penalty as I recall).

But some interesting stuff...

Wouldn't like to see an alien that had burst out of an esoomian though
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact just in case that site falls over too here is all the info on the aliens and preditors from that site

Part One: Aliens vs Predator

Predators

Predators are "intergalactic big game hunters on permanent safari." They scour the Galaxy in search of challenging trophies. The Predators show a particular love of hunting Aliens, and have even been documented as having "seeded" planets with the deadly insects to provide new hunting ground.
(Note: most of the information contained in this page is based on the Predator movies and the unfilmed Aliens vs Predator script. The Predator comic books [published by Dark Horse] have not been used due to my lack of familiarity with them. Some information may be changed for clarity and compatibility with the WEG rules.)

Appearance: Predators are tall, apparently mammalian humanoids with short tusks and multi-toothed mandibles. They often wear combat masks and little or no armor, but what they do wear will always be in subdued, natural tones to decrease visibility. They commonly wear their sparse hair in neck-length dreadlocks. Their large hands do have short claws, but these are largely useless in combat. For more on appearance, see the Predator movies.

Biology: The Predators' home planet is unknown, but it is known that they can breathe in human-friendly atmospheres and appear to be omnivorous.

Behavior and Organization: Predators hunting big game often travel alone, but those hunting social animals (such as Humans or Aliens) usually travel in groups of five to fifteen. Upon landing in the hunting ground, the Predator will engage his camo cloak and survey the area, stalking and analyzing his prey. The Predator will attack only when he judges the time to be optimal or if he is forced to, in which case he will use all weapons available to him (including the plasma cannon). If he chooses the time of the attack, he will sneak up on the prey and attack with melee weapons, using ranged attacks only when outnumbered or in desperation. Assuming the Predator wins, his subsequent actions will depend on the situation. If he is in no danger of retaliation, he will skin and decapitate his prey, taking both back to his ship to clean and display. If he must beat a hasty retreat, he will simply claim the skull and leave. When a Predator is dying, or when he judges his situation to be hopeless, he will activate his wrist computer's self destruct sequence. The standard setting is for seven seconds, but the timer can be easily set to any duration. The resulting blast is extremely powerful, and may devestate the surrounding area for half a kilometer or more, depending on terrain. When travelling in a group, the mortally wounded Predator will either commit suicide or set his timer to give his hunt-mates enough time to get clear of the blast.

Technology Level: The Predators posess technology far beyond Imperial levels, but they combine it with relativly primitive melee weapons for a disturbingly effective arsenal.

Predators in the Galaxy: Predators will almost always be encountered when they are engaged in a hunt. If the characters are not the prey, they will probably have little or no contact with the Predators themselves, but merely find the grizzly remains of their prey.

Game Stats:
Attribute Dice: 19D
DEX: 2D+1 - 4D+2
KNO: 2D - 3D+2
MECH: 1D+2 - 3D
PER: 3D - 5D
STR: 3D+2 - 5D
TECH: 1D - 2D+2
Move: 13

Special Abilities:
Infravision: Predators can see only in the infrared spectrum, though their combat masks allow them access to all other spectra.
The Hunt: If, during the course of an adventure, the Predator captures any trophies, he should recieve an extra 1-5 character points, depending on the difficulty in obtaining that trophy.

Gamemaster Notes: It is suggested that players not be permitted to play Predator characters. If the players truly want to try playing this species, they should all play Predators, or else have a very good reason why their human (or Wookie, or Droid) character travels with this-- unusual company.

Personality Notes: Predators are opportunistic hunters. If they are out hunting Rancors and run into a Human party, the Humans are considered potential prey. This does not mean that the Predators will attack on sight; they may also see the Humans as potential allies, or at least as a bit more than they can handle at present. In certain, very rare instances, a non-Predator may be invited to join a hunt-in-progress, or even to permanently join a hunting party. This only happens when the non-Predator demonstrates extraordinary skill and courage.

Suggested Skills: Predators will take mostly melee, thrown weapon, and hand-to-hand combat skills, though most also take some blaster and missile weapons skills. They will always have hunt-oriented skills such as search and hide/sneak.

Weapons and Equipment Common to Predators

Telumnite: Telumnite is an incredibly hard but surprisingly light metal used by the Predators to make armor and edged weapons. It is unknown to the Empire, and even the most sophisticated scanning equipment cannot break down it's chemical structure. Any armor gets a -1D penalty to resist telumnite weapons.

Retractable Wrist Blades:
These are sharp telumnite blades which protrude from a small unit strapped to the Predator's wrist. When a stud in the palm is activated, the blades will snap out, ready for combat.
[Dmg: STR+1D] [Diff: Easy]

Telescopic Spear:
This heavy, telumnite-headed spear is only three feet long for carrying and storage, but can extend to a full seven feet for combat use.
[Dmg: STR+2D+2] [Diff: Moderate] [Range: 1-3/5/7]

Razor Disc:
This "smart weapon" is a largish, telumnite-edged disc that is gripped through finger holes in the center. It may be wielded as a melee weapon or thrown. A simple squeezing of the apropriate finger grips activates the "smart" feature; if an attack misses, the disc will automatically return to the thrower at the start of the next turn, before actions are declared. The disc may be used again that turn, but catching it counts as an action (easy Dexterity check).
[Dmg: STR+1D+2] [Diff: Moderate] [Range: 2-5/10/15]

Wrist-Bolt Gun:
A small wrist-mounted device which uses compressed gasses to propell four-inch telumnite darts with with incredible force.
[Dmg: 4D] [Range: 3-10/20/30] [Ammo: 2]

Plasma Cannon:
A shoulder-mounted energy weapon. It can turn completely around to fire on targets behind the Predator. The cannon is aimed through the hunting mask; add one difficulty level if the Predator is not wearing his combat mask. The cannon can be set to autofire on any specific target or type of target (e.g. fire only on wookies and Jodo Kast). The autofire computer has the blaster skill at 3D and search at 4D.
[Dmg: 5D] [Range: 3-20/40/70] [Fire Rate: 1] [Ammo: 25 (Unit recharges one shot/minute)]

Predator Hunt Armor:
Chest Plate: provides +1D protection against physical and energy attacks. No Dexterity penalty.

Combat Mask: Provides +1D protection against physical attacks and +2 protection against energy.
* Allows Predator to see in the full spectrum.
* Provides life support functions in hostile atmospheres
* Camouflage Cloak: grants the user a +2D bonus to hide and sneak rolls.
* Wrist Computer: The wrist computer provides a centralized control unit for all mask and cloak functions. If the unit is lost or destroyed, mask functions can still be activated manually, but the camo cloak cannot be activated. Pressing one of the control bars will activate the twenty-second destruct countdown. This sequence can only be aborted by entering the appropriate code on the computer's keypad. If the Predator is travelling alone, the computer's destruct sequence will also activate the hunt ship's self-destruct. The wrist computer also gives the Predator a position and health report for all other Predators in the hunting party. If all members are reported dead, the hunt ship's self-destruct is automatically engaged.

Hunt Ships:

Hunt ships vary as much as the Predators themselves, but some constants exist. Hunt ships use little or no shielding, instead using thin telumnite hulls and cloaking devices to protect themselves; this arrangement also makes for a very light ship, granting excellent speed and maneuverability bonuses. Predators typically arm their ships very lightly, preferring to stalk their quarry until it makes a planetary landing. The hunt ships carry cloaking devices which are essentially scaled-up versions of the Predators' camo cloaks, though they are much more effective. A cloaked ship can be detected only with a sensor focus, and then at +2 difficulty levels. Finally, Predator ships carry sensor packages capable of following hyperspace "tracks" left by starships. One-day-old "tracks" can be followed with a very easy sensors roll. The difficulty increases by one level per day, to a maximum of six days before the "tracks" fade. A successful roll reveals the direction and speed travel. These "tracks" can be monitored while at hyperspeed, and the hunt ship can drop out of hyperspace at will.

Typical Hunt Ship:
Scale: Starfighter
Skill: Space transports: Hunt Ships
Crew: 1
Cargo Capacity: 20 metric tons
Consumables: 18 months
(The hunt ship can fully recharge its systems given five days of close orbital exposure to any medium-sized star. During this time, it must systems use to a minimum)
Hyperdrive Multiplier: x3/4
Nav Computer: Yes
Maneuverability: 2D
Space Speed: 10
Atmosphere Speed: 480; 800kmh
Hull:6D
Sensors:
* passive: 20/+0D
* scan: 35/+1D
* search: 40/+3D
* focus: 2/+4D

Weapons:
Plasma Cannon:
* Fire Arc: front
* Crew: 1 (pilot)
* Skill: starship gunnery
* Fire Control: 3D
* Space Range: 1-3/10/17
* Atmosphere Range: 100-300/1/1.7km
* Damage: 3D

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aliens

Aliens, or "Xenomorphs," are a species of large insectoid parasites. The addition of Aliens into any campaign will automatically transform that adventure into a horror story; the goal will usually be to prevent them from escaping a planet and spreading into the Galaxy at large. Please note that most victims suffer some short-term amnesia, and the host will often have no idea that he is a host. A character sent out alone may be found unconscious, knowing only that he is very hungry. The Player should not be told that his character has been attacked, but any infected PCs should be given clues of their situation before killing them off. Obviously, the Aliens are an insidious threat, and the PCs will soon begin suspecting any fatigued allies of being hosts. The GM should play up this feeling of uncertainty, having healthy characters act very tired and hungry (as such horror-movie circumstances would do to any human), and having at least one chestburster pop out unexpectedly.

Appearance and Biology: The Xenomorph Aliens have an extraordinary life cycle based on asexual parasitic reproduction. The cycle begins with a standing ovular egg, usually about three feet long, secured to the floor or wall of an egg-chamber. After 1-3 days in the egg, a facehugger, the first stage in the cycle, fully devolops inside the leathery egg. If a large mammal or reptile (from dog-sized to Wampa sized) is within two meters, the eight legged hand-shaped Alien will launch itself at the creature's face. If no suitable targets are within range, the facehugger can remain dormant for several years before leaving the egg. When a suitable host is located, the facehugger will leap toward its head, taking hold with its "fingers" and wrapping its tail around the victim's neck (attempting to strangle it into submission). The facehugger then uses powerful muscles to force the victim's mouth open, and forces an embryonic Alien down its throat with a thin, tube-like mouthpart. At this stage, removing the facehugger kills the host, as the parasite will vomit molecular acid into the host's throat. Twenty-four hours after hatching, the facehugger will find an inconspicuous place to shrivel up and die.
Over the next 1-6 days the fetal Alien will grow inside the host, combining the host's genetic code with its own. The host, usually amnesiac, may recall nothing of the attack ad go about its usual business feeling extremely hungry and dehydrated. Upon reaching sufficient size, the juvenile Alien will burst out of the chest cavity, almost certainly killing the host. At this stage, the immature Alien will find a secure hiding place and seek mostly safe food until it grows to full size.
About one in five hundred Aliens is a Queen, the others are all Warriors. The Queen will take up residence in the nest's egg chamber, maintaining 50-75 eggs at a time, while the warriors defend the nest and bring captive animals back to the Queen as food and hosts. The warriors also remove dead hosts and spent eggs from the egg-chamber so that they can be replaced. Alien nests are built from a resin secreted by adult Aliens. This material is also used to restrain captive hosts. The resin holds with a strength of 6D, but the Aliens have no qualms about breaking or severing the limbs of hosts who try to break free.

Temperament: Aliens are ruthless, semiintelligent killing machines. Although capable of analytic thought and problem solving, they demonstrate no mercy or compassion. They hunt in groups of all sizes and will eagerly sacrifice themselves to defend the Queen. When a second Queen is born, she sets off with several Warriors to establish another nest.

Technology Level: The Aliens do not use tools, but can figure out how to use simple tools and control panels given enough time.

Aiens in the Galaxy: Aliens are typically spread when they stow away in starships (or in crew members). Aliens sometimes extend their gestation period by several days when inhabiting a highly mobile host.

Gamemaster Notes: Under no circumstances should players be permitted to play Alien characters.
Genetic Adaptability: Aliens take on the major physical traits of their hosts, and some adjustments to the Game Stats and Special Abilities may be necessary to reflect this. For instance, an Alien hatched from a Wookiee would be slightly stronger, (+2 STR), a better climber (+2 climbing/jumping), and more apelike than the generic "human" Alien shown below. If a Queen hatches from a Wookiee, all of her offspring would have this advantage as well. These modifications are cumulative up to the host species' maximum (i.e. the third generation of Aliens bred on Kashyyyk would have +2D STR and climbing/jumping)
Aliens do not suffer from preying on "inferior" hosts (e.g. Aliens hatched from Ewoks would get cuter, but not weaker)

Game Stats

Facehugger:
DEX: 1D
dodge: 3D
PER: 3D
hide: 4D
STR: 1D
brawl: 4D
Move: 7
Special Abilities:
Attack: The facehugger can leap up to two meters; a successful brawling roll results in a tentative grip on the face and neck. The victim has until the end of the next turn to make a STR roll against 5D (up to two other characters may assist) or the facehugger is attached.
Acid Blood: Any extensive contact with Alien blood results in 4D damage per turn unless the acid is removed. The acid blood loses its potency twelve turns after leaving the Alien's body.

Juvenile Alien ("chestburster"):
DEX: 2D
dodge: 4D
PER: 3D
hide: 4D
STR: 2D
brawl: 4D
climbing/jumping: 3D Move: 7
Special Abilities:
Exoskeleton: Provides +1D protection against all attacks.
Teeth: Do STR+1D damage.

Warrior Alien:

DEX: 4D
dodge: 5D
KNO: 0D+1
MECH: 1D
PER: 4D
hide: 5D
sneak: 5D
search: 5D
STR: 4D
brawl: 6D
climbing/jumping: 7D
TECH: 0D+1 Move: 15
Special Abilities:
Claws: STR+1D damage
Tail: STR+1D+2 damage
Teeth: STR+2D damage
Acid Blood: Any extensive contact (GM discretion) with Alien blood results in 4D damage per turn unless the acid is removed.
Regeneration: If allowed to rest, an Alien will regenerate one wound level per hour.

Alien Queen:
DEX: 5D
dodge: 6D
KNO: 1D
MECH: 1D+1
PER: 5D
search: 7D
STR: 6D
brawl: 8D
climbing/jumping: 8D
TECH: 1D
egg chamber engineering: 5D
Move: 1
Special Abilities:
Claws: STR+1D damage
Tail: STR+1D+2 damage
Teeth: STR+2D damage
Armored Carapace: The Queen's exoskeleton provides her with +1D protection against all attacks.
Multi limbed: The Queen can perform two actions in a round with no penalty.
Acid Blood: Extended contact with the Queen's blood results in 4D damage per turn unless the acid is removed.
Regeneration: If allowed to rest, the Queen will heal one wound level per hour.
The Queen has an enlarged abdominal section used to lay eggs. She is largely immobile, but can detach this part of her body at will, raising her movement to 17 and making her an extraordinarily dangerous (and nearly unstoppable) killing machine.
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that I agree with your stats for the Xenomorphs...they are way stronger and more skilled even as a Face Hugger or Chest Burster and a lot smarter than those stats make them out to be.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

knowledge doesn't nessesarily indicate how smart you are... just how much you know... in our terms, aliens are pretty stupid, because they don't seem to "know" much, but in xenomorph colonies... they know all they need to to carry out their goals... what they have I think of is more like instinct, than intelligence.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Alien Resurrection they seem to indicate that they are in fact fast learners (big flashy red button thing = PAIN) 8)

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellstorm wrote:
In Alien Resurrection they seem to indicate that they are in fact fast learners (big flashy red button thing = PAIN) 8)

Not just that but Ripley proved that the aliens have instict honed to such a fine degree that they basically have knowledge genetically encoded into them.

The other site I posted (the one that no longer exists) took this into account. I think the aliens despite having animal level intelligence were capable of deductive reasoning and got a 2d bonus when doing things that would seem to be intelligent

"What do you mean they cut the power?!?" Twisted Evil
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder... Anyone hear of a Spaceballs Campaign? I posted the stats that someone wrote up way back when...

I can just picture the look on my GMs face when I say I was to play another Smuggler, this time flying a Modified Winnebago Space Cruiser, named "The Century Chicken".

http://drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu/~jae/sw/XOVER/SPCBALLS/

Other Crossovers can be found one level higher: http://drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu/~jae/sw/XOVER/

And *ALOT* more stuff can be found here: http://drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu/~jae/sw/

It's from the old mailing list, which I'm not part of, nor have ever written for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: