The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

X-wing torpedo capacity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> X-wing torpedo capacity Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MA-3PO
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
Putting aside the fact that A-Wing pilots aren't know for being average in any way...
Hence I said average A-wing pilot, not average fighter pilot. Not every A-wing pilot has the skill of Pash Cracken.

Quote:
The rulebook doesn't mention them at all, so what it says is irrelevant. It's still a missile, and I don't know of any real aircraft that fires unguided missiles. That would be pointless. An unguided missile isn't a missile, it's a bomb.
I don't believe I ever said they were unguided. If they were truly unguided missiles they wouldn't have fire control which they do. I just said they can't track a target as in if they miss the target the first round they are fired they can't turn around and attempt to hit the target again.

Quote:
Even if they were unguided (which is stupid), look up the manuever "A-Wing Slash". It ain't hard to nail a fighter with a missile when you pop up right in his face.
Even if an A-wing did carry missiles why would you use them over lasers against TIEs? The lasers have a longer range and unlimited ammo. The extra damage is overkill.

Anyway arguing this is moot. A GM can run his game anyway he wants. If want to run it more like the PC game that's fine but I'll stick to WEG and what I see in the movies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: