The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Last Rebels Episode One - IC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Last Rebels - Krayt -> Last Rebels Episode One - IC Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Last Rebels Episode One - IC Reply with quote

Tatooine, 10:00 PM, 20 AE

You wait in the lobby of the safehouse where your friend Hark has asked to meet. Six other beings wait with you, finding seats in the cluttered room. You keep yourself from sighing in boredom as the minutes drag on. Where could he be? Why is it taking so long? You catch another of the occupants staring at you, who are these people? You've never met them before, and they seem... Strange at best.

As boredom takes hold, you begin to make ready to leave when the back door buzzes open and a familiar face, Cmdr. Hark Ravees, enters the room, asking everyone to find a seat. "Attention, please, attention." He calls, bringing you back into the room. "I'm glad everyone could be here, but I'm gonna skip the formalities. We don't have long." He begins, pulling out a datapad from his pocket, "I know all of you harbor something against the current Imperial regim, and I trust each of you. Trust enough to let you all in on a little secret. The Empire is going through some difficulties in the outer rim, mainly with a group called the Black Sun. This group has agreed to help the alliance remnant in exchange for the head of Grand Moff Eliss of Tatooine. Now, man I'm late, alright, right now the Grand Moff is in his palace preparing for a speech. I need your help to kill him when he goes public about some new Imperial Security base in the Dune Sea. He's gonna make that speech in six hours, at the base. I have been givin the job of taking him out, along with the base, but most of my Rebel Cell was killed in a bank robbery last month, so I'm calling you all in. We have a small few minutes before we have to leave. I can't give you a full breifing now, so just ask any questions you have, and I'll answer 'em. But we really need to go. Are you all in, or out?" He finishes, leaning against a wall and waiting for a reply.

OOC: Time to ask any question you might have, and last chance to back out. Remember, you're in a hurry.

Last edited by Krayt on Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Tythorin
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslina glanced around the small room she had rented. Closing and locking the door behind her she, then turned to close the curtains of the nearby window. She took one more look around the room making sure that there was no way she could be watched and walked over to the small bed in to corner of the room. Quickly typing in the six digit security pass she unlocked the silver briefcase that held her few belongings.

Staring down at its contents a tear crept it way along her cheek, as a smile touched her lip. "I know you wouldn't approve father, but I donít have any options left. I can't do this on my own anymore." Shaking her head to wash away the torrent of emotions, she reach in to the case and removed an elegantly crafted Vibrdagger, she would need to be strong for this. Quickly she relocked the briefcase and left the room. She walked down the hall to the lobby of the inn and dropped her keys along with the pay for the room at the desk and quickly headed out onto the streets.

She walked quickly towards the rebel safe house where they had been instructed to meet. Studying the many face as she passed, most them alien, a look of disgust crossed her face. This place reminded her far too much of home, Hutt planet and all. Her heart beat faster as she approached, finally a chance to work rebels and deal some real damage to the Empire. Though she had worked with several groups of rebel aligned privateers this was her chance to work directly for the alliance, it scared her to death.

She walked up to the safe house whispering the pass to the man who waited outside. He led her into the lobby of the safe house where she saw several others were already waiting. Finding a seat she glanced around at the other occupants of the room. Most where human but there was also a member of some insectoid race and a strange droid of a type she had never seen before with some sort of brain...maybe some new type of combat droid? She wasn't sure about the droid but felt an immediate sense of distrust for the insectoid. Its was these sort of non-humans that made up most of the gangs on Nar Shadda. Out of the other humans two of them looked like they had previous combat experience but she was unsure of the other two.

Aslina waits quietly as the minutes tick by. Doubt begins to enter her mind. Where was the commander? He should have been here by now. Having her mind almost resolved to leave the back door opens and the Commander walked in. Quickly he begins to explain the situation wasting no time for formalities and for good reason to as the group had little time. This might be the one their only chances to catch the Grand Moff off guard. Not only would this be a vital blow to the imperial presence on tatooine it would also gain the help of another group opposed to the Empire. There was really no choice to be made. She looks up towards the commander. "Iím in"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jassel looks at Cmdr Ravees, then around the room at the others sitting with him. Finally he leans forward;
"You know I'm in, Commander Ravees. What kind of resistance are we looking at and what is my role?"

Last edited by Ankhanu on Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Zaii had arrived on planet, he made sure to pay his docking fees, and he went on tinkering with his ship. It was never in full repair, and required constant maintenance. In the hands of a lesser mechanic it would not be flying at all. Something was always broken, and something else was about to break. But it was his pride and joy, he loved nothing else but to be thorax deep in wires and machinery. It was where he felt at home.

Zaii had no love for the empire, and wanted to see its xenophobic way removed from the galaxy. He had never spent much time around humans, except one man, who trained him to be what he is today.

He headed to the meeting a bit early, because he wanted to see what kind of security measures were in place. Satisfied that they were at least somewhat adequate he headed in and waited. But he is a constant fidgeter, so he quickly took out a broken power regulator and set upon fixing it. It was quite a challenge, but Verpine are built to see the most minute detail. so it was about 2 minutes before the commander arrived he let out a proud whistling sound, that most non insectoids find annoying, as he got it to work.

He listened intently to the commander's speech, and after the one human pledged her allegiance blindly to him, he let out a few sounds, then said in basic "what method are we using? what transportation do we have to get there? what's our exit strategy? do we have to kill him?" he asks wondering why he didn't tell us the important part instead of the back story.

He mentally starts working on a way to get past his security, get him out, and then turn him over to the rebels, as he does not like to kill others if he does not have to. But in the eventuality, he also starts mentally building a gyroscopic stabilized rifle mount with enhanced targeting scanners in a scope.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dimos arrived on Tatooine the day before the meeting, the credits spent on a speedy passage well spent. Knowing the desert planet, he wore his street clothes, his armour and rifle secured in his spacerschest. If there was trouble he always had his pistol. He headed straight to the Cantina in the middle of town. He spent the day relaxing and watching the patrons. Once the second sun had set, he headed out and found some cheap accomodation.

The next day Dimos goes to a Tapcaf across the street from the meeting place, to await the appointed time. He spots the Verpine entering At least we'll have a decent tech this time. The memory dredges up some old memories, which takes the smile from his face. He then gets up, pays, grabs his spacerschest and heads to the meeting.

When he enters he spots the verpine at work on a power regulator, for an older model frighter by the looks of it. He decides not to disturb the insectoid, and takes a seat near a window, puts his fet up on his chest, and lights a smoke.

He watches as the others enter. When the human in camouflage enters, he can't help but smile and shakes his head slightly Advertise that fact that you're a rebel why don't you. He keeps his thoughts to himself though.

When the droid enters, Dimos was prepared to physically restrain the verpine, but he didn't even look up from his power regulator. This could get interesting.

When the kid enters, What are we babysitters now? Maybe the kid came in to get out of the heat? Then he remembers the security and realizes that the kid is part of the team.

When Aslina enters, Dimos takes a second look, Not bad. Walks with a dancers grace. At least we'll have something to look at when we die. I hope she isn't like the H'nemthe.

When the Last human enters, Dimos looks at him, recognition in his eyes, but the name on the tip of his tongue.

When the verpine lets out his hoot, Dimos cringes, but smiles non the less. finally Hark arrives, Late as usual. He listens as Hark lays out the brief and then waits whilst the others put in their 0.2 creds, then he pipes in, "So let me get this straight. You want us to kill a GRAND moff, at the opening of an Imperial Security facility, located in one of the most inhospitable places on this desert world, in public, for THE Black Sun syndicate?" He pauses briefly, but continues before anyone has a chance to answer, "I'm in, but only because I owe you. One other question, is this going to be like Sluis Van, or like Bimmisaari?"

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Yep, we're killin' us a GRAND BLOODY MOFF! No choice. The station should be lightly guarded, the speech will be before most of the Imperial security troopers arrive. That ought to give us some hope. We're gonna have to improvise insertion, but I have a speeder waiting to pick us up. If possible we'll be kidnapping him. But, I think the Ipms are better at security than that, so we probably'll just have to blow his head off."

"We'll be looking toward some medium resistance. As I said, all their troops haven't arrived yet. They're only opening the base due to a deadline. But, let's not make this the second battle of Sluis Van"

"The only two remaining members of my cell are going to meet us on base. My aide-de-camp Star is posing as a reporter, and Chewie is, err... I have no idea. He's improvising.

As for what each of you'll be doing:
Aslina: You're our firearms expert. We have a longbow sniper rifle with us. If we decide to take the shot, you'll be doing that.

Dimos: You're our security man. I'm counting on you if we get into a fight.

Cam & Zaii: You're in charge of mantaining equipment, and helping us with all sorts of machines we may encounter.

Vanden: You're gonna be helpng me get past security, Imperial expert. You have a better chance at that than anyone else.

Dune: You'll be helping us with recon. If we need to "sense" something out, you're our man... thing.

Geeze, we're running low on time. Any more questions?" He concludes, looking at his clock. He remindes you of the two minutes before you must leave.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical humans, Zaii thinks, just shrugs off the non humans questions. He will probably even make sure us non humans are sent in first to draw fire. Well if it comes to that, someone will be very suprised indeed.

"Im in, lets go" Zaii sais a bit rudely, and replaces his power converter into his satchel and stands up, double checks his belt to make sure all his tools are still there, then he looks at the rest of the group expectantly.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dune passed his sensors over the room. Having been on Tatooine for many years now he was able to make it to the safehouse early and see everyone arrive.

Sensing everyone as they entered, he detected a strong pulse of malice towards the Empire flowing from the group. Or was it just his own hatred he was detecting? The fall of the republic had been shocking news and the galaxy he now found himself in seemed to lack all traces of hope.

He sighed mentally trying to centre himself in the calm needed to touch the force.

Glancing around it appeared Hark had arrived and finished speaking while he was lost in his musings, now he seemed to be waiting for a response. Dune quickly replayed the sensors audio track from the last five minutes, musing that at least he now possessed the ultimate sabacc face.

The expressionless vocabulator crackled into life "Though I'd prefer a non-violent solution I accept that isn't always possible, I'm in"
Tythorin
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aslina listened carfuly as the comander begins explaining the details of their mission. A lightly guarded Grand Moff... the imperials must be gettings slopy. Due to Vader no doubt. She smiles as the commander mentions her part in the plan. The idea of being the one to fire the killing shot was...exciting. She replies with a quick "Yes Sir"... a little to enthusiastic perhaps.

As the commander once again explains their need to execute the plan as quickly as possible she looks around survaying the other characters reactions to the plan. She begins to stand up quicky glancing around. "Well you heard the man, can't waste time sitting around here now can we? Commander?" she adds waiting for him to give furthur instruction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Speeder, in back, must hurry." He said, pointing to the back door, still unlocked. He pulled out the keys and led the way toward the garage. Inside was a glistening new hotrod speeder, decked out in flame decorations.

"My payroll has to go somewhere." He said with a bit of pride in his wise spending as he jumped into the pilot's seat.

OOC: Speeder, goes really fast, body of 3D+2 speeder.
OOC: Hark: 4D Repulsorlift Piloting.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jassel pulls out his blaster and checks its power levels, slipping it back into its holster. Stands and follows Cmdr. Ravees to the the back and looks over the speeder with a mild sense of derision.

"This sounds like jolly fun, Commander, but what is my role here? I'm capable, sir, even if I am a little out of my element. This is a prime opportunity to strike back at the Imps for all they've done to the galaxy, and I want my piece."
Krayt
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Ah, yes, Jassel. Right, sorry 'bout that, forgot you where here." The commander looks a bit sheepish for a moment. You'll be our point man for the operation. Scouting and that sort of thing. You'll also be in charge of locating a backup escape route if that becomes nessesary." He fumbles the keys out of his pocket and starts the engines.
Camero
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam had arrived on Tatooine a couple days before the scheduled meet. Since the Imps ferreted-out and killed his adopted family 3 months ago Cam had been in the service of the Rebellion. Not long after the raid on his home that left him an orphan for the second time, Cam was lucky enough to locate a rebel safe-house. The commander there was more than a bit reluctant to let Cam help - he was welcome to stay on, but he was told he was too young to "go gettin' yourself killed". But with nothing to do Cam went back to doing what he was good at, having a good time and collecting loot.

Two weeks later when the commander did his bi-monthly review of the cell's finances and equipment inventory he thought there was a glitch. To his surprise he found nearly 5000 credits, 2 computers, 4 blaster pistols, and a speeder that hadn't been in inventory two weeks previous. After a brief in-house investigation yeilded nothing the commander decided to ask the rather smug-looking newcomer, "So Cam, any idea where all this stuff came from, and how it got entered into our inventory system?". "Yeah," Cam said, "As for the stuff, I had a pretty good week couple of weeks, and as for the it being in inventory now, you really should do a better incription on the in-house system - a child could get into it" he ended, smiling wryly. "OK kid, I am sure we can find some use for you...." the commander said with a begrudging smile.

Now, a couple of rather small jobs later, Cam found himself wandering around a strange backwater desert town with little idea of what was to come. Cam spent the couple days before the meeting scoping out the town for good marks - the cantinas, gambling establishments seemed most promising - but Cam restrained himself, Better not get into trouble before I even get on the job.

Cam arrived at the safe-house on time, but there were already people inside. They all seemed to look at him strangely - except the Verpine who was intently repairing a power converter. I knew I should have put on my face before coming in, the apperance of a few extra years goes a long way...

When Hark finally arrived and briefed them on the mission several of the others fired off questions while Cam sat and listened quietly. Kill a Moff....its a good start, Cam thought. Cams only real question - what am I supposed to do - was answered without his having to ask it. Equipment acquisition and care...I can do that....

Following Harks lead out to the speeder, Cam spoke his first words, "NICE ride!"
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the others admired the gleaming speeder the inflectionless vocabulator again crackles to life.

"From what I can gather this Black Sun would prefer the Moff alive so they can make an example of him, and we may be able to extract more useful information from him alive than dead."

Pointing a forelimb towards Aslina "So we have a sniper" Inclines his brain jar towards the verpine and the teenager "Two technicians" Gestures towards Vanden "An imperial security expert of some kind? "A scout" nodding to the man in the camouflage "And men at arms" He concludes with a gesture towards the commander and Dimios.

"Now if we want a live target then the easiest way to take one is to make the Imperials give him to us, If one of the techs can modify the sniper rifle to make it's stun setting undetectable or perhaps jury rig some form or toxin dart we can incapacitate the Moff. The imps will tighten security and call in some form of medical support vehicle. If the other tech can slice into their network then perhaps we can be that medical support vehicle and the Imps will simply deliver the Moff into our care."
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jassel narrows his eyes, in consideration of the strange droid. After a moment he nods.
"The droid may have a good point. However, I'm not sure a blaster's stun setting will be the way to go. It may be easier to modify some sort of fire arm with a dart and a silencer. It'll reduce it's range a bit and the woman will have to be stationed a bit closer, but it may be a more reliable solution. It shouldn't be too hard to get some of us set up as medical detail."

He nods again; "From there, the security detail assigned to him for the trip to hospital should be less than would be at the function itself; though they will be better trained than most at the assembly, they shouldn't be an issue."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Last Rebels - Krayt All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 1 of 58

Jump to: