The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Updating the Rules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Updating the Rules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Updating the Rules Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I'm new around here but I've been playing d6 star wars for many years. Over the years we (my group and I) have tweeked the rules and I've translated a lot of the material from d20 to the old system. About a year ago I started on a massive overhaul of the rules - incorporating all the house rules I felt had worked and a lot of the better concepts from the D20 system.

The idea has been through quite a lot over the months that we have play tested it. Two whole campaigns and two re-writes (throwing out what didn't work and trying again). Rather presumptuously Very Happy I like to think of the project as a sort of 3rd edition of star wars d6.

Anyway, I've started to put up a lot of the material we've created on a web site and I'd thought I would invite you all to come have a look at
http://derriphan.110mb.com/

There is still a lot of stuff that we've not converted and still more stuff that I haven't added to the site yet (because its not all in one place on mine or other people's computers). You will find most of the rules for skills, force powers and similar on the site and I will be adding stuff.

It really is a project still very much in the working - we've roleplayed some things extensively but hardly had an opportunity with others.

Obviously, I would love to hear what you all think; hope that some of you might even find some of what we've created useful and maybe even contribute ideas. Comments, criticism, whatever all welcome.

BTW, wasn't sure whether to put this GM Tools or House Rules. Its kind of both; at least I hope its a tool people will find very useful indeed.
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice looking site. I would suggest trying to get your images compressed a bit as they load very slowly. I'm on a cable modem, I can just imagine how they load on a standard dial-up.

I haven't had time to look at your rules modifications yet, but so far it is looking great. I'm adding your site to my Friends list on my Links page over at my website.
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking into compressing the pictures. I'll be doing at least one more update of the site this week and should have worked out how to do that by then... I hope Very Happy

Thanks very much for putting me on your site. Thats really cool. If you don't mind I will add your site to my links page as well.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time to DL the stuff and read it now, but I'm looking forward to doing so Smile
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cunning_kindred wrote:
I am looking into compressing the pictures. I'll be doing at least one more update of the site this week and should have worked out how to do that by then... I hope Very Happy

Thanks very much for putting me on your site. Thats really cool. If you don't mind I will add your site to my links page as well.

Thank you, that would be much appreciated.
krysallokard
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really good. I'm looking forward to browsing more when I have the time.
CmdrDarmic
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some good stuff there. I like what you have done. I plan to read more of your work over the next few days.

You need to check some of your links. I found one on the Gamemasters page that was linked wrong. The link to the Combat and Injury section linked to the previoue section called "The Rules". Other than that, it looked really nice. A well done website, imho.

Keep up the good work, and let us know when you get more of your work up there.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, very clean layout. It's a little wider than I'd like (causes horizontal scrolling), but I'll live Smile
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You need to check some of your links. I found one on the Gamemasters page that was linked wrong. The link to the Combat and Injury section linked to the previoue section called "The Rules". Other than that, it looked really nice. A well done website, imho.

Embarassed

I think I've fixed that now. sorry.
CmdrDarmic
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No big deal. Simple mistake, easily corrected. If that is the worst that happens to you, then you have it made. I made a big screw-up once that nearly crashed our old (very old and decrepit) mainframe permanently. Shocked

I like what you have done with the rules, and I think I will incorporate some of them in my next game. I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your comments. They are appreciated.

I have just updated the site again. Added a few things for all you who might be interested. You will now find:

* Dark Side powers in the techniques section Twisted Evil

* Esoteric Martial Arts [including guidelines for Teras Kasi, Echani, K'tara]

* The first alien races page [a-b]

* Fringe Force powers - including rules for Gand Findsman and Fallanassi

Some of these later sections are not quite finished. Any feedback will be welcome. There are still lots of things that could probably be added to dark side powers and the martial arts stuff especially so any suggestions, comments, whatever you might have would be very useful.

Oh, and I've also added a Site History site that includes all the stuff I've updated and my plans for forthcoming updates.

Like I said, any comments will be greatly appreciated. Very Happy

The Site:

http://derriphan.110mb.com/
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can add the site address to your profile and you'll have one of those shiny little link button thingys that says "WWW" at the bottom of each of your posts. Mr. Green

You can also put it into your signature so you don't have to add it each time you post. Makes life a lot easier for you. Wink
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Very Happy
cunning_kindred
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have updated the site again. On the assumption that anyone is visiting (or cares for that matter) I thought I would let you know again

Can't actually tell at the moment if anyone is visiting the site. My service provider hasn't got that facility though they say they will soon. Till then I'm just going to have to assume that someone out there is interested. Smile

Just so you all know the updates will probably slow down now. The holidays are over and I must head back to work again tomorrow.

So, whats new?

* You will find new rules for droids and computers in both the techniques and technology chapters. Would love some feedback on these. We have had a slicer in the game for some years and these were an attempt to fill things out a little in this area. Of course, it does mean only he's really used them.

* there are some updates in the martial arts and combat techniques

* and am now keeping a running log of all (or most of) the updates that people can check out when they visit: http://derriphan.110mb.com/Site%20Updates.html

Oh, and if anyone would like to contribute something to the site, just let me know. There is still much work to be done.
Battlestar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one love this site. Very professional looking and very informative. I look forward to new updates Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: