The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Bespin adventure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Bespin adventure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:14 am    Post subject: Bespin adventure Reply with quote

My pc's are a bunch of thugs, independent smugglers, cargo haulers, etc... they've done some work for the alliance but are too interested in credits over anything else. Due to a series of circumstances, they've arrived on Bespin. Here's what I am planning...

They are hired by a man in Bespin to steal and transport Tibenna Gas to an Empirial Research Station at a small planet.
The research station is staffed by Empirial Scientists, but it is guarded by Mercenaries who provide security.
The Mercs are responsible for their own equipment, and their supply of gas is running low, so they "ordered" a batch.

My Pc's have to steal the gas, deliver it, and just as they arrive at the Empirial Facility and start unloading the cargo, a small rebel fleet drops out of hyperspace to take out the facility.

No ships are cleared to take off because the rebels are waiting up there to blow anyone away, so they are forced to stay on the ground and pick up a weapon unless they want to be blasted. Now, picking up weapons against the rebels will be tricky for the guys because their main supplier of work is a rebel operative.

What do you guys think?

And how would one go about designing a Tibenna Gas theft in Bespin? Any ideas how that works?
How can I keep their ship grounded so they are forced to stay and fight?
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there may be presidents from some of the books but since i don't own them i'll give you my opinion.
(persionaly i like this idea, good job)
give them (or make them aquire) a special tank for holding the gass. make the tank be external and have it slow the ship down in real space by a few moves. (-2 space maybe) also make the cargo pod need an imperial code to disengage it. before the characters get to bespin they should probably forge an official order for tiabana gass. the characters may also need to hack into the bespin computer core to make their order "expected." this should lessen the suspission on the characters and allow them to get out of bespin relitivly un-scathed. when the characters get to the imperial station have the imperials "forget" to release the cargo pod. this should give the characters incentive to stay on the planet.
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the heist: I'd make the players decide how they want to do that; that's their adventure. I guarantee they will try to pull it off in the way they think they can succeed and and have fun doing it.

As for "grounding them" on planet. I'd use Hoth as an example. On Hoth you didn't have any rebel ships launch while the shield was up and the Imperials had to land outside the shield's drop zone and march towards the base. Now, I can't give you a reason for why (other than dramatic and cinematic); but you can use it as an example for why they can't launch with the shield up.

Who knows, maybe they might end up betraying the Empire, lowering the shield, and re-joining the rebels? Or they might keep their tails in the fire; who knows?
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But technically, does anyone know how the tanks work? The floating platforms seen inthe ESb establishing shots?

is there anything established in cannon? is the carbonite meant for transporting the gas?
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i din't have many books and the few i do have don't say anything about tiabana gas. my advcice would be to come up with a ruling. as long as you stick with it the players probably won't care.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, or they wont even notice Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it doesn't matter. I just want it to seem realistic in terms of what the movies show, but if there isn't any real source material to go on, I have to invent.

There is a platform in a shot of ESB that has been described as a floating refinery. I want the PC's to go there and steal the gas from there, but there isn't a clear sense of scale. Can they walk around there? Is it large enough to land a ship there? Is there a control room there with computer terminals? That kind of stuff.

I'll just make it up in the end. No big deal, I just wanted some realism in terms of what the movies and the EU have shown.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhhhh, i know what you mean now Razz

I think i remember reading somewhere that they were actually large enough to land a few ships on it, and the large cylinders are simply silos in which are filled with cannisters that can be moved (ie put on ships that have landed on the platforms. I think there isint a command center, they are controlled remotely, but there would be service terminals for overrides and such.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
ebertran
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is my answer, in case any of you like the idea and plan to run it in your games...

http://www.starwars.com/eu/lit/novel/f20050927/index.html

Interesting.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, thats where i read it from Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: