The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

new game!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> new game! Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: new game! Reply with quote

I can run a game but beware I am new to online gaming. I do have over 15 years gaming exp. most being with star wars west end. I have quite the collection as well.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'm always interested in some more online gaming Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of setting/timeline are you thinking about?
I'll probably be up for it.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I MAY be able to join. I'd need to know the timeline, as I might be using a character I'd made for another game that went kaput.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably be interested. Although my timezone may make posting an issue from time to time.
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: story infomation Reply with quote

Ok the timeline is going to 1000 years prior to the birth of Anakin Skywalker. The story is going to start in a military campaign. So guess what every one is in the military standard grunts but we can have other special areas.

Backgrounds I enjoy, The more there is the more I maybe able to work into the game later on. So for now work on the basic things to your characters. Name, age, race, gender, background, personality. Anything goes but all have to be checked with the GM. If you want to create your own race then do so , or character ideas the game is about having fun.

I will post weekly so probally Sunday so any actions most be declared during that week prior to Friday midnight. After that I will post on Sunday. And then Monday you can start to post your actions. If you don't post in that time, Then I will assume you will do what is best for your character, usally involves dodeging, or hiding.

I hope this covers it.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where are we based (Republic / 3rd party)and what races are allowed (humans only, or anything we want...?)

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: more info on timeline Reply with quote

This is taken off another site that I like but here it is.

Legends of the Old Republic

The Galactic Republic

The galaxy governed by the Galactic Republic is a typical spiral galaxy consisting of several hundred billion stars. The galactic disk is 120,000 light years in diameter. There are roughly a hundred billion star systems and twenty million intelligent species.

In this Galaxy there are over twelve million industrialized systems. Within the Galactic Republic, there are over a million member worlds, supplemented by colonies, protectorates and governorships amounting to nearly fifty million inhabited systems. The member worlds are the only worlds represented by the Galactic Senate. The total sapient population of the Galaxy is about 100 quadrillion (100,000,000,000,000,000) beings (roughly 2 billion inhabitants per inhabited system). Given that perhaps 90% of the inhabited systems have populations of less than 100 million, that leaves the vast bulk (99.5%) of the Galactic Population on 10% of the Core Worlds (roughly 20 billion inhabitants per Core World).

History

In the dim recesses of pre-history, the hyperdrive was invented and interstellar travel and commerce became commonplace. This era is a time of exploration and conflict. Disputes over resources or trade led to great wars between contentious factions. Petty warlords like Xim the Despot raised empires and exploited the masses. These conflicts led to the establishment of the early Republic, whose initial goal was to peacefully resolve conflicts and protect weaker planets from aggression.

This simple premise has established the longest-lived political entity in the history of the Galaxy. For over 10,000 years, the Republic has kept the peace and cooperatively defended it's members from threats from both external and internal.

The Republic

The modern Republic consists of over 1 million member worlds, not including colonies, protectorates and other affiliated but independent worlds. Member worlds receive the full benefits of the Republic both in military protection, development, and in Senatorial representation. As a result, Member Worlds provide the most resources to the operation of the Republic. Protectorates and Colonies receive military protection but receive no developmental benefits and have no Senatorial representation, and as a result provide the least resources.

Joining the Republic is remarkably easy. So long as the potential Member World is willing to adopt the Republic's regulations regarding trade, agression, and sapient rights, and is willing to provide for the mutual defense of all Member Worlds. Acceptance into the Republic simply involves petitioning a Senator for representation. The Senator will then make his decision to represent the world based on merit and qualifications. Often, many Senators my compete to represent a single important world. In these cases, the world's government (or governments) review the qualifications of each Senator and choose based on which one will benefit them most.

New Senatorial positions are approved by vote of the Senate and must be proposed by the Senator (or Senators) whose worlds are affected, or by reccomendation of the Senatorial Committee on Representation. Currently there are 10,000 seats in the Republic Senate.

Senate positions are elected by the governments of its constituent worlds every 10 years. Usually, a planet's votes are based on planetary elections, but ultimately it is the vote of that planet's head of state.

The Senators, in turn, elect the Supreme Chancellor from their number, the Head of State of the Republic. The Supreme Chancellor is responsible for the appointment of committee memberships (leaders of which are called Chancellors), oversees Senatorial proceedings, and is the Commander-in-Chief of the Republic Peacekeeping Forces. The current Supreme Chancellor is 65-year-old Corellian female, Galron.

Member worlds are free to maintain whatever form of government they wish without interference from the Republic. Each world is independent and retains the right of self-determination. Only in cases of intransigent violations of sapient rights will the Republic intervene in the operation of a world's government.

Maintaining the Peace

The Republic Peacekeeping Forces consists of the Republic Navy, Army, and Security Forces. The Navy oversees all aerospace operations and consists of tens of thousands of starships organized into massive fleets. The Army oversees all planetary operations both on land and in the seas. The Republic Security Forces are civilians who enforce planetary and Galactic laws.

The duty of the RPF is to defend Republic Member Worlds, Colonies, and Protectorates from agression and instability. The RPF is never used for conquest or oppression. Each Member World provides resources for the maintenance of the RPF. The nature of the resources varies depending on cultures. Martially-inclined worlds might provide fleets of battlecarriers and crews. More pacifistic worlds might provide materials, ores, and other commodities, or simply money, that ultimately help maintain the RPF. Once all this support is combined and coordinated, the result is a very large military and security force that acts as an overwhelming deterrent to any hostile force.

At present, the only possible hostilities the Republic Military may face come from Hutt-employed mercenaries, isolated pirates, and small regional independent powers.

I will repost this info on the forum as soon as it is created.

Last edited by kyledon Mystic on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: republic forces (marines) Reply with quote

Ok here is some more information.

You all will be with the Republic Marines. Your main function is to go in first and establish a landing zone so that the Army forces can come in behind for major support. You also will go out on mission were it is deemed that large Republic forces might not be need. The Marines do maintain a special forces branch known as Force Recon, however no one starts in that area for they choose among the combat units first. The Marines also have a support but of course they don't get much respect from the fighting Marines. Support units do everything from paper work to transportation while on a planet, as well as getting weapons and supplies to it's troops. You will work close in hand with the Navy. For they are the ones that transport you to where you are going and pick you up. When needed they also provide support through spacecraft and ship guns. The Marines are not nearly as large as the Army but they make up for it in there fighting skill and pride.

The Marines do have diffuclty recuriting at this time but they have looked in other areas to gather men to fight for the republic. Crimanals are one way, but not very common because they find them hard to control and have a high rate of going MIA (gee that is not suprising)

The other way is through genetic cloneing this is rare and highly classified military secret. They have only used Human's at this time.

- There is some more information and possiblly ideas.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marines?

Do I have to run around saying, "OOH-RAH?"

Razz Razz Razz

Army vet here, buddy! hehehe
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: OOH - RAY it is. Reply with quote

Now that you mentioned it then I guess it would be in character

I am ex Navy. And we say who-ray
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*is going to be a pilot of some sort*

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're more like, "Hoo-Rah!" not "Ooh-Rah." You just have to know how to spell! Razz Razz Razz
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...And I think I'm gonna run with a combination that's working for me right now. My character is gonna be a slicer. They come in REAL friggin handy, although most people don't like playing them. Players figure that slicers don't see enough action. They've obviously never thought outside the stasis field...
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
We're more like, "Hoo-Rah!" not "Ooh-Rah." You just have to know how to spell! Razz Razz Razz

Strange, cannon cockers were told to say "Ooh Shah!" *curisouser and curiouser...*
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: