The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG D6 Space and Star Wars
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> WEG D6 Space and Star Wars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cimja revaz
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: WEG D6 Space and Star Wars Reply with quote

Any out there use the WEG D6 Space "generic" setting for Star Wars information. I am getting back in D6 after a long hiatus and don't have the old source material. Would this be a good purchase or would I be better off scouting around for WEG books.

Wasn't sure where to put this.

End of discussion.
cimja revaz
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would appear that my search skill is a bit weak. Here's the link to another thread that answers my question.

End of discussion.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though you've already found the answer to your question, I'd just like to reinforce it by saying that finding the old Star Wars books is a better way to go if you're planning on running Star Wars.

If your intent was to run a new space setting using D6, then I'd suggest the other, but for Star Wars, there's nothing better than the original rules and books!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that. D6 Space is more readily available, but it's not even guaranteed to be cheaper. I've recently picked up the 2nd Edition R&E for $3, and for $10. (I pick up copies for friends that I know want them.) You're going to pay more than that for a D6 Space PDF, much less a hard copy.

You've got to keep a sharp eye out, but you can find those old WEG books for dirt cheap. Plus, the Star Wars specific books are going to give you a lot more information regarding the prices of ships, equipment, and droids. Also, you get the added bonus of having Star Wars specific equipment, shiops, etc.

I just can't see any benefit to buying the D6 Space book for Star Wars.
Tupteq
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:

D6 Space has updated rules (that may be used or not), body points option, advantages and disadvantages list, cybernetics and probably some more interesting sections. I like this book. But it may be good as addition to SW 2nd R&E and supplements, not as replacement.
cimja revaz
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tupteq wrote:
cheshire wrote:

D6 Space has updated rules (that may be used or not), body points option, advantages and disadvantages list, cybernetics and probably some more interesting sections. I like this book. But it may be good as addition to SW 2nd R&E and supplements, not as replacement.

Thanks. I was thinking for along the lines of supplement anyway.

Where are y'all finding R&E for $3 to $10? Everywhere I have looked it has been at least $60. I settled on a copy of 2nd ed for $6.

Thanks for the help!

End of discussion.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tupteq wrote:
cheshire wrote:

The cybornetics was interesting, though I the body points and the advanteages and disadvantages just didn't do it for me. I've used body points for larger monsters like rancors and the like just to make them tough byt not indestructable.

Though, to purchase the entire book for body points made it not worth it for me. If you like the other updates, then cool. Use them, by all means. Though I just wasn't thrilled.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cimja revaz wrote:

Where are y'all finding R&E for $3 to $10? Everywhere I have looked it has been at least $60. I settled on a copy of 2nd ed for $6.

I've got a PDF with the rules updating from 2nd ed to R&E if you're interested. Drop me a PM, and I can send you an e-mail.

But I've found really cheap copies mislisted on eBay and on Half.com. Since they're mislisted the person really doesn't know what they have, and others don't either. It also makes it a pain to find because you're looking in places where it should be. I can keep an eye out, and I can put you on my "inform" list.

If you look at eBay, a used copy in decent condition should run you about $20-$25. Don't pay $30 or higher.
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a friend of mine found a WEG release. (i don't know where) stating that many of their starwars books that are now out of print would be free and legal to download and share. but the book list i saw was mostly 1ed books and adventure modules.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ifurin wrote:
a friend of mine found a WEG release. (i don't know where) stating that many of their starwars books that are now out of print would be free and legal to download and share. but the book list i saw was mostly 1ed books and adventure modules.

I highly doubt that. Lucasfilm would be the one to decide, not WEG, and they're not known for their generosity in that area.
cheshire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEG has made statements on the matter. They've said that they cannot legally distribute any Star Wars material. The license for Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm, and they've given it to Wizards of the Coast for the next several years.

Any PDFs you see for Star Wars (Wizards of the Coast or WEG) are not legal. Some of the fan-based material is permitted by LFL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: