The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Favourite alien species
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Favourite alien species Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh, I remember you being around for a long time, funny thing that you were never before made aware of my PDFs. Well, have a blast then, it's just a pity that about every week I find something that makes one of them outdated in some way.... oh well....
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Gry, that means you just need to keep updating! We won't complain!

As for which Alien species is my favorite, I'm preferential to those bipedal upright monkey looking ones. H'mans I believe they're called. Funny looking things, all squishy.

E
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, it's spelled "humans"... those puny, soft pink things get on my nerve. They have no special abilities AT ALL, average attributes, and yet every book I know claims they are one of the most capable and resilient species around. I don't buy it. Physically they are totally unrealistic, with that soft skin and 5-fingered limbs. Plus, they are not original at all, if you look closely it's like that just took one of those cool Zabraks, sawed off is horns and added a cheap plain surface texture. LAME-O! And have you noticed their psychology is a contradicting mess? Some sources describe them as warlike, adventurous and bold. Others have them as pacifists and noble. Others yet have them as cunning scoundrels. I mean, make up your mind already! What are they? Pilots, farmers, politicians, soldiers, strategists, manual labor? They can't possibly be all of those, now, can they?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejacobs wrote:
Well Gry, that means you just need to keep updating! We won't complain!

You know, I was just thinking about this, and I came to the realization that at some point I'll have to set up a website were I can have all those stats in individual pages, so I can easily keep updating and adding to it on a regular basis, without the need of completely re-editing the pdfs...

Actually, that's how it all started. I used to have a website called "The Outer-Rim Territories" where I started my collection of aliens and starships stats. But eventually the thing grew too cumbersome and I opted for the PDF. Now it seems I'll eventually have to go back to html form...
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting Astro-Nav for "The Outer-Rim Territories". Awaiting coordinate feed...

If you were to renew your web updates, that would be so awesome. That allows for immediate updates to specific PDF's and then at a time set by you, an update to the actual PDF download.

You get my vote! Of course, you need to do what is right for you and your life and schedule.

E
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on my "to do" list (along with many other things). Though I certainly won't tackle this in the near-future. It's something I'll want to have so that I can keep it alive and up-do-date in the many years to come. It's much easier to keep a website updated than to keep re-editing the pdfs. But as you said, after accumulating enough revisions and additions to warrant it, i'd update the PDFs themselves (like I'm trying to do with Starships Stats).
Resh Kaska
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't have a favorite species per se. If the alien fits the character concept I have in mind, then I use it.
Dooku
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite alien is definitely the gand. I am not completely sure why, but part of it must by that 4-LOM was one of my favorite 80s' Kenner toy. It is also fun having a character speak in third person. "Utan does not think that attacking the pirate base is a good idea....Um, everyone that was in-character speech."
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, the Gand is one of the coolest species around. Their whole 3rd person speaking and naming system is great for roleplaying. Plus they need ammonia breathers and can regenerate limbs. On top of this they just look cool.
Xynar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droids. I had a blast when my character was blown to bits several times in a campaign.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually becoming kinda fond of Anomids. Born without vocal cords, they all wear these vocalizers so others can understand them. They're natural whizzes with all things technical (+7D bonus skill dice for any Technical skill at creation), and they have six-fingered hands with which they utilize Anomid sign language. Others could possibly learn it, but couldn't USE it-unless they had six fingers.

Plus, they're inquisitive-especially about others' travels, and they start off (usually) with a 2000 credit bonus because they're one of the wealthier species in the Empire.

All those make for some interesting possibilities.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i love the verpine. mabye its just because ive become attached to them from the books, but what can i say, ,+2d to all technical skills is quite fun. and microscopic vision. mmm.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
TheCrazyDuro
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shi'ido are my favorite, they can shapechange, according to the republic don't exist, and can read minds without the force... whats not to love?
Tupteq
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, what a nice old topic Smile
My favorite species is Xexto - they are small, agile, and they are great pilots. Also - they have four arms, they know no fear and they look great Smile
Reaper63
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've become partial to the Dug Species. They are agile, have the bility to arm themselves quite well, fairly strong and have a bad attitude.

I've used on as a co-pilot to my main character.

Last edited by Reaper63 on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: