The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Force Power: Hide Force
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> New Force Power: Hide Force Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: New Force Power: Hide Force Reply with quote

How does this look. could be what Palpatine had to hide himself, maybe a few others have it. Ankhanu and I hammered out the details to start off with, now for your opinions Very Happy

Control/Sense/Alter
Life Mask:
Control Difficulty: Difficult if Jedi is relaxed and at peace, Very Difficult if Jedi is exerting himself, Heroic if Jedi is under duress.
Sense Difficulty: Easy if Jedi is relaxed and at peace, Moderate if Jedi is exerting himself, Very Difficult if Jedi is under duress.
Alter Difficulty: Very Difficult if at Peace, Heroic if the Jedi is exerting himself, or Heroic+ if under duress
This Power may be kept up.
Required Powers: Hibernation Trance, Emptiness, Sense Force
Effect:
The Jedi using this power attempts to mask his presence in the force. To bring this power up, a Jedi must roll a successful Sense and Control roll. When the Jedi uses the force while this power is up he must make a successful alter roll to keep the power up.
A Jedi who has successfully brought the power up, does not make any ripples in the force. Another Jedi passively searching the area for life forms will not register the user of this power as alive, but he would exists in the force like a droid would. Another Jedi actively sensing the user of this power must make a sense roll opposed to the users control roll to know that he is in fact alive, and not an inanimate object. A Jedi using this power is similar to a Jedi in an emptiness trance, but he may take actions he wishes.
A Jedi may use other Force Powers while using Hide Force, but must make another Control roll to maintain the effects of Hide Force when doing so. Any Force user who would normally sense the Jedi's use of the Force may make a Sense roll versus the Jedi's Control roll to detect the Jedi's use of the Force.
Examples:
A Jedi using Life Detection to find a character with Hide Force active will not detect the character. A Jedi using Life Sense or Sense Force (if the user is using the force actively) can make an opposed sense check against the user's Control check.
If the user of this power uses Lightsaber Combat, they must make a Very Difficult control roll to keep the power up; if the user fails this roll Hide Force immediately drops and other force users will sense their presence in the force. If the check succeeds, other Force users may make their opposed Sense roll as described above.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php

Last edited by vong on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good. may i ask why the user appears lifeless on sense roll and not just non-force sensitive?
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking it would remove them completely from the force. Granted, i could add it so you would appear as non force sensitive, it would be the users choice. if a person knows that a jedi can use this power, they would just look for life signs, or a specific life sign and assume the jedi....

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
ifurin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i was just thinking of the clone wars where the jedi were trying to get the then chancellor palpitine out of the senate and they are being chased by the cyborg character (i don't remember his name). i would assume they would be using one or more sense powers and having the chancellor not "show up" as a life form would be a bit strange. but this is just my opinion on what was going on.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that could be a different power true. like mask force potential - same lines as this one, but different effect....

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While i also like it's concept, i also agree that he should not just disappear from their senses like a droid but show up as a NFS person..
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: New Force Power: Hide Force Reply with quote

vong wrote:
How does this look. could be what Palpatine had to hide himself

garhkal wrote:
While i also like it's concept, i also agree that he should not just disappear from their senses like a droid but show up as a NFS person..

I agree. The jedi would have thought it suspiscious if Palpatine appeared to ba a droid to their senses.

Another varient that might exist for infiltrators on both sides "Mask Dark/Light" which would enable a force user to appear as though he served the light or the dark side of the force regardless of his true alegences

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even consider the droid vs sentient thing. I just kind of read it as the Jedi falling from any special notice in the Force.
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about instead of calling it Hide Force, call it Life Mask? It can still hide the Force sensitivity and accomplish the same goal as stated.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would work - so it would be more descriptive of the actual power.

Edited it.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the power doesn't create a null space in the force then? Kinda like a smaller version of what those critters that cancel the force do (I forget their names)?

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yslmaari (sp?). Nope. it just lets your controls the ripples in the force that living creatures create in the force.

Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ysalamiri...ysalamir if it's just one. Very Happy
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the creature! I had no idea how to spell it.

So you're creating the ripples in the force as normal but you've errected a barrier around yourself and the living force so your ripples can't spread?

Kinda like a cup of water floating in a lake, the ripples in the cup of water won't be felt by anything in the lake. Is that how it works?

Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
That's the creature! I had no idea how to spell it.

So you're creating the ripples in the force as normal but you've errected a barrier around yourself and the living force so your ripples can't spread?

Kinda like a cup of water floating in a lake, the ripples in the cup of water won't be felt by anything in the lake. Is that how it works?

That's quite possibly the absolute best way to describe it if I am understanding it correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: