The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

[Rebel Uprisings] Episode III, Shadows of the Future
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Inactive Games Overview -> [Rebel Uprisings] Episode III, Shadows of the Future Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110, 111  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zerran puts the generator down and says to the captain "With your permission sir, I would much like to take a look at the library. It sounds like the books within may help our cause tremendously."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You're a damn security droid, you're going to help me secure!"

What is it with the droids I get?!?

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
strongarm85
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If you want, I can watch the generator while he has a look," Christopher offered.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No offence, but I want something that I know can shoot, and I'd think you'd be better helping co-ordinating the others. Maybe even talking to Cal."

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zerran stops in his tracks, and heads back to the generator, standing silently on guard. He thinks to himself This could be the last hope for the jedi order, I dont have enough knowledge to start it over again, but these books could be the difference between the next generation of jedi masters, or just knights.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cal moves to a security screen beside the blast door and observes the droids outside. He spots the droid with the rocket launcher, and sees that it is currently being reloaded by another droid. While they are distracted, he reaches out with his thoughts, and attempts to squeeze the barrel ever-so-slightly. Feeling confident that he has succeeded at his task, he turns and heads for the library.

Outside, the droid gives some sort of signal to the other droids that are trying to pry the door open with scrap pieces of metal from the Dream, and they clear away. It raises its launcher/arm and fires. A heavy explosion shakes dust from the rafters of the bunker, signaling that the droid won't be knocking any longer.
strongarm85
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christopher shuttered at the sound of another explosion mostly at the difference in the sound of the last explosion. He needed to help over see things at the Library though and he walked along side Cal towards their destination.

"Its just right up ahead. You'll understand everything once you see it."

Christopher, being the kind of person who liked to fidget when he was nervous. So he decided to redirect that energy by putting his hand on the hilt of his old sword and trying to look as far back as he could into the blade's past. He wasn't sure of what he'd see, or if he'd even see anything. But it was something else to occupy his mind while he was putting off trying to talk to Cal seriously.

Because of Toba's earlier comment about there being another 'mystic nutjob", along with Qaasar telling him that talking to Cal would be better lead him to believe that not only was there possible Jedi in the group already, but that Cal probably was that Jedi. They hadn't exactly started off the right foot though, what with Christopher shooting his droid friend and all. What he most wanted to ask him about was what had happened to the Jedi while he'd been gone, but now really wasn't the time to get into that.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Cal walks with Christopher, he keys his comlink. "Captain, the rocket launching droid has been neutralized. He won't be knocking anymore."

He then keys for a private transmission to Zerran. "I'll do what I can to at least get you a visual of the library. If I can and you see anything of vital interest- not that the complete collection isn't but you know what I mean- then let me know and I'll be sure to include it."

He rekeys his comlink again for another private communication. "Dream, do you have any available droids equipped with holocams? I need at least one to help me get a complete inventory of the library; I'll need to be able to send an image to Zerran of what we find."

When he receives his answer (provided it's an affirmative) he keys Qassar again. "Sir? Can I have the Dream send me down an MSE? I heard Zerran ask to view the contents down here; I can at least give him a visual to satisfy his curiosity. That way he can continue to guard for you without wanting to leave."
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: I don't believe I have any droids equiped with holocams and currently I don't think I have a hard drive to store data on. I'm not sure how much I can use the droid 'brains' to store and retreive data.

"We will try Cal but may not be able to help with the equipment we have available. It may be possible to send data directly to Zerran without a holocam but Zerran may find this to be a disorienting experience."

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zerran suggests over his com "You could just read the titles out to me and I can tell you ones I recognize. But for the most part it would be quite hard to tell until the books are read which ones are more useful then others."

ooc: Some droid in disguise I am. Everyone knows my secret... should have thought this through more carefully. ship full of jedi... bound to be detected Razz then they introduce the super droid shard thingy Razz.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I could do that, Zerran. However, we don't know how many titles we're dealing with. Could be thousands or more. We probably don't have the kind of time to do that, not without the processing power of a droid. Hmmm," he says, thinking. Looking at Christopher he says, "Do you perchance have even the equipment that we could use to throw together a rudimentary visual recording device? I could transmit the data package in a burst through my comlink and wristcomp. That would be the quickest way, and would let Zerran be able to go through the data at his own speeds."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
"I could do that, Zerran. However, we don't know how many titles we're dealing with. Could be thousands or more. We probably don't have the kind of time to do that, not without the processing power of a droid. Hmmm," he says, thinking. Looking at Christopher he says, "Do you perchance have even the equipment that we could use to throw together a rudimentary visual recording device? I could transmit the data package in a burst through my comlink and wristcomp. That would be the quickest way, and would let Zerran be able to go through the data at his own speeds."

"It may be best for you to assess the situation before jumping to conclusions " Zerran points out.

netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calling Qassar over the comms
"Sir instead of coordinating deliveries to the derelict ship, I believe I can be of far more usefulness assisting Toba in the diagnostics and repairs. I will however communicate ove rthe comms to both teams to make sure they get the valuables to the derelict."

to Kabakh
"How are the food supplies coming along? how long till you start delivering to the derelict?"

after he gets his response he comms Cal
"How are things going in the library, how soon can I expect that showing up at the derelict?"

Wanted Poster
strongarm85
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:

"I don't know about any recording stuff, and I think it would be way to difficult to try call out titles. Half of it is written in some alien language your not, and the other half is written in a form of basic so old that half the words don't even make sense until you read it enough times to figure out the meanings. I mean, the word for passionate is iersigendlic."

Christopher scratched his strigy hair and said, "Its kind of why I was so eager to get that droid in here when he volunteered, I figured sense he was volunteering he might be programmed to understand a bunch languages and might be able to help."
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toba's annoyed voice can be heard over the standard frequency:

"I thought you guys wanted to get off this droid-infested hellhole? Why is the automated garbage bin the only one aiding me in repairing this bucket of bolts? What are you guys doing? Cyn, Cal?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Inactive Games Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 109 of 111

Jump to: