The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dressellian Projectile Rifle Ammo Capacity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Dressellian Projectile Rifle Ammo Capacity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Dressellian Projectile Rifle Ammo Capacity Reply with quote

Can anyone check one of the books for the ammo capacity for the Dresselian Projectile Rifle for me? Wookieepedia and my Essential Guide to Weapons & Technology both say that the weapon holds six rounds, but Gry's Weapons Stats Sourcebook says 12, citing the Arms and Equipment Guide (p. 23-24) and the Ultimate Alien Anthology (p. 49).
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to Arms & Equipment Guide, it has a 12 shot clip.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blasted conflicting sources...

Now you raise another bit of my curiosity. Did it say "clip" or "magazine"? Obviously it has an internal magazine, since it's a top-loading rifle. But if they mention a clip that means that it has a stripper clip which would allow it to be reloaded a lot faster than if the user had to load each round individually. Basically like the difference between loading an SKS via stripper clips versus loading a Remington 700 one cartridge at a time.
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The book said "clip". I'd assume a stripper clip myself.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool deal. Orgaloth will be pleased. Wink I want to say it holds 12, but it just doesn't look like there's a way for 12 cartridges to fit inside that frame. Whether it has an internal box magazine, or that tube running along the top of the stock behind the receiver is a tube magazine (which would preclude a clip of any sort, so I'm assuming it's not), it just doesn't seem possible. So either a stripper clip or a Garand-type (en bloc) clip would be the answer. A Garand looks to have a bit thicker stock around the internal magazine area than the Dresselian rifle, holds 8 rounds, and fires the .30-06 cartridge. I figure a military FMJ chambered in that cartridge would do 5D damage. The Dresselian rifle does 4D damage, so it would stand to reason that it would be a smaller caliber. With the slimmer stock, I'd say it would hold about 8 rounds of a smaller size than .30-06 cartridges. 12 just seems to be way too much for an internal box magazine on t his gun. I know I'm picking this apart a lot more than is sane to, but it's fun. Any thoughts?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: