The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fading Light - IC
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Fading Light - IC Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 6741
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Fading Light - IC Reply with quote

Battles rage in the outer rim as strange invaders, who call themselves the Yuuzhan Vong, plunge into the galaxy. They use technology completely unfamiliar to this galaxy, and have a completely different set of values then our own. No mercy is shown, nor is a respect for life. Most battles fought thus far are better described as a slaughter. Systems are falling to the new invaders hand over fist, and they seem to be advancing without relent. New Republic forces are starting to mobilize to attempt to meet this force head on, and to at the very least halt their forward momentum.

With the amount of casualties in the wake of the Yuuzhan Vong, there are many missions of mercy being sent behind enemy lines to save as many as possible. This is where you come in. You have been chosen to be part of a crew to head into the rim with some key information: a pack of survivors have been found. You are all assembled on planet Ord Biniir for a meeting with NRI (New Republic Intelligence) before heading out on your mission…
_________________
The Vong have Arrived

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php


Last edited by vong on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 6741
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wake up in your quarters, checking your chrono you see that the briefing is going to start in 3 hours. Its a mere 15 minute walk from where you are sleeping, so you have some time to do with what you wish.

ooc: Post yourself going to the meeting room. Unless in your background, none of you have met, nor have any idea of the other members of the mission Smile
_________________
The Vong have Arrived

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Ankhanu
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral


Joined: 13 Oct 2006
Posts: 3102
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn wakes slowly, coming out of a restful sleep. He rises, gives his fur a quick brush down with his large hands to make it slightly less mussed from sleeping all night. Checking the time on the room's chrono, he thinks to himself; Three hours... I've gotta eat.
He slips his bandolier and satchel over his shoulder, checks his bowcaster and leans it against the wall, then heads out of his room, sniffing to see where the nearest place to grab food is. He heads off to the nearest mess and eats heartily, killing an hour. With an hour and a half to kill, he heads off to explore the area, taking in the sights and the moment before meeting with NRI. He heads back to the meeting room with 15 minutes to spare.
_________________
Hotaru no Hishou; a messageboard about games, friends and nothing at all.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Esoomian
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 6180
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny wakes with a start from his light doze when he rolls over and the secure durasteel casing that imprisons The Hammer lands heavily on a feeder tentacle.

A snarl forms in his throat as he casts the bedclothes aside and stalks to the door. He tests it and finds it still to be locked.

Where is that guard with my food? A smile forms on his lips as he considers kicking the door down and finding himself some food but he knows if he doesn't behave then the New Republic will never free The Hammer.

With a resigned mutter he skulks back to the bed to wait.
_________________
Don't waste money on expensive binoculars.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 6741
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
With a resigned mutter he skulks back to the bed to wait.


A knocking is heard at the door, as the viewer is opened a trooper looks in and says "Step away from the door, and dont make any sudden movements." as he awaits your reply.
_________________
The Vong have Arrived

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Esoomian
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 6180
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny rolls over on the bed choosing to show his distain for the whole system by leaving his back facing the trooper
_________________
Don't waste money on expensive binoculars.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 6741
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trooper opens the door, obviously scared as he has heard stories about you before. He brings in a tray with a mound of food on it, and says "We will be back in two hours to bring you to your meeting." He adds as he backs out of the room "Need anything else?"
_________________
The Vong have Arrived

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Esoomian
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 6180
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"LUM!" Is the instant response as Tiny rolls over and sits up glaring at the trooper with his pitiless black eyes.
_________________
Don't waste money on expensive binoculars.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 6741
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He takes a quick step back with the forcefulness of your comment and says "Sorry. no alcoholic beverages on the base. Anything else?" continuing to back out the door, obviously uncomfortable with being in the same room as you.
_________________
The Vong have Arrived

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Esoomian
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 6180
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny smiles unpleasantly as he stands raising the arm that is encased in a secure durasteel tube.

"Eating with two hands is eaffier." He says.
_________________
Don't waste money on expensive binoculars.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 30 Aug 2006
Posts: 6741
Location: Ottawa, Canada

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trooper looks sideways at you for a second, then says "Easier, but not necessary. Ill be back in 2 hours." As he closes the door quickly, relieved to finally have a barrier between the two of them.
_________________
The Vong have Arrived

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 11928
Location: New England

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Your letting yourself get to used to being a civillian. Never should have resigned your commission if your gonna be this lazy in the morning* Garolf thinks to himself as he gets up. He rolls out of bed and decides to head for the gym facilities. Best to get in a bit of morning calisthenics, start getting back into the old routine with these new invaders around.

After half an hour working out he hits the refresher to shower off. Once clean, he returns to his quarters and grabs a datapad and his recording rods then heads for the mess hall. Grabbing a plate of breakfast foods, he sits down at a table and starts going over info for his latest datafile.


"Hmmm, let's see. Who was on New Alderaan when Xecr Nist launched his attack...."
_________________
FLUFFY for President!!!!

Wanted Poster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Karae
Captain
Captain


Joined: 11 Sep 2007
Posts: 657
Location: Sheffield, UK

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rylah wakes in her cluttered quarters, the only clear space being her bed, and a path from the doorway, to the forementioned piece of furniture.

Slipping on her armor, she heads out to the refectory, where she picks up her morning meal, and heads back to the sanctity of her room. Anyone present there who knows her, won't think anything strange of this, because it's all too often her routine, when she remembers to eat.

Having eaten well, she sets the empty tray on a bedside table, before reaching under her bed, to pull her backpack out, scattering a few datapads as she does.

With the backpack resting on her bed, she undoes the buckles holding it closed, before she starts to check through it's contents, making a mental note of what items she needs to replace, and if she needs to update any of the devices it contains.

With that done, she turns her attention to her trusty weapon - the vibrorapier which is housed along one side of her backpack. Not an ideal place for her only weapon, it's true, but she finds that it does stop the blade slapping against her legs as she walks, as well as from trying to trip her.

With her belongings checked and catalogued, she turns her attention to one of the latest medical journals, as normal, becoming engrossed in it's intricacies, only being reminded of the meeting with the NRI, when her chrono beeps again.

Donning her armored helmet once more, she makes her way to the meeting room, arriving with a couple of minutes to spare..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Jamfke
Moff
Moff


Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Posts: 4665
Location: Tennessee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jo yawns. He hadn't gotten up this early in a couple of years. Maybe even longer.

He swung his feet toward the floor of his little apartment and sat on the edge of his bunk. Rubbing his face with his left hand and scratching his butt with the other, he thought how nice it would be to get a few more Zs before the briefing.

Stop it Jo, there's a new threat to the galaxy and you need to get your carcass up and about. Those kids out there don't know what they're in for. You gotta make sure they get where they need to go in one piece.

He let loose another yawn and then got up and headed for the fresher. He stopped by the mini autochef and started a small pot of caf before hitting the showers.

After donning his old flight suit and the rest of his gear, he poured a large cup of the steaming beverage and headed out for the mess. Caf was good to get you going, but it didn't fill your stomach.

After filling his tray with a nice bowl of Farrberry Flakes with bluemilk, he headed into the hall and noticed his old buddy Garolf reading up on some history or news item. He plopped his tray down across from the old hound and started munching.

"Sho, whatsh new in the galaxshy?" *munch munch*
_________________
Role Players Direct
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Esoomian
Grand Moff
Grand Moff


Joined: 29 Oct 2003
Posts: 6180
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny grimices, clearly this trooper was either too scared or not scared enough, if this kept up The Hammer would never be free.

Squatting down to the tray he goes to work, his feeder tentacle shovelling food into his mouth with ease. In a few short moments the food is gone leaving him with nothing to do until the meeting.

Casting his gaze around the room he notes his spartan quarters don't even have anything he could break. grumbling loudly enough that those in the hall and adjacent rooms can hear him he lumbers back to bed and starts to sleep off his meal.
_________________
Don't waste money on expensive binoculars.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 213, 214, 215  Next
Page 1 of 215

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0