The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fading Light - OOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Fading Light - OOC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
I'm reading vong's post as Takii as following Lt. Eckmire out of the meeting room, not as Garolf departing and Takii following him. What's going on?

He followed him leaving hte meeting room, then Eckmire when left, Takii went right.

Eckmire then left on the shuttle.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkCorellon wrote:
Depends how long we have. Surgery would take hours, assuming we have access to the facilities, and after that it would be several days at least for healing. I guess bacta patches could heal it up faster.

I do think we should make putting on your prosthetic a priority. Even a small surgery would have the facilities to attach one; although I bet ones in your size/appropriate to your species aren't in stock. Maybe the Lieutenant brought something.

Unfortunately no prosthetics are available for use. Tiny has been working on forging one out of durasteel. The biggest problem is the prosthetic has to handle the strength of the wearer. with 7D strength you need specialized (expensive) prosthetic to handle that kind load. That is why tiny is "sculpting" a durasteel fist to strap on somehow - it has the strength of a starfighter's hull and Tiny has the Str to wield it.

As for time to fix things / spare parts.

You have 15% of the ships value in spare parts

Maneuverability - 10% repair cost - 6 hours
Space - 10% repair cost - 12 hours
Shields - 5% repair cost - 5 hours
Armor - you have the ability to improve it by +1 with your spare parts, - 8 hours

Now if you blow through your spare parts now - you will have none later if something worse breaks.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
DarkCorellon wrote:
Depends how long we have. Surgery would take hours, assuming we have access to the facilities, and after that it would be several days at least for healing. I guess bacta patches could heal it up faster.

I do think we should make putting on your prosthetic a priority. Even a small surgery would have the facilities to attach one; although I bet ones in your size/appropriate to your species aren't in stock. Maybe the Lieutenant brought something.

Unfortunately no prosthetics are available for use. Tiny has been working on forging one out of durasteel. The biggest problem is the prosthetic has to handle the strength of the wearer. with 7D strength you need specialized (expensive) prosthetic to handle that kind load. That is why tiny is "sculpting" a durasteel fist to strap on somehow - it has the strength of a starfighter's hull and Tiny has the Str to wield it.

Are Tiny's projects finished? He was working on the shield and the fist if not that is what he'll do with his time.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Are Tiny's projects finished? He was working on the shield and the fist if not that is what he'll do with his time.

As he was working on that with all of his waking hours that he was not with Rownn, and will continue working with Rownn's help (broken arm) then you can have one done (shield or fist)

You are very un-trained so things are very slow going.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll go with the fist being done because without that the shield takes over his only good arm and makes him kinda useless.

Also that means that in the medbay Tiny can get the prosthetic fitted.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn will help Tiny with his projects; although he's not nearly as Technically proficient as Takli, he'll still be of help.

Besides, it would do good to have members of the team interacting favorably with Tiny; it'll help him get reintegrated more quickly.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny is using the primitive construction skill. Not sure if Takli could stand to make stuff that way.

DarkCorellon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how long are we staying? Seems like we could get the ship up to spec in about 4 days, 3 if we push it. My opinion is to let the armour slide, and fix up the maneuverability, shields, and concealed space. Then we'll be done in about 3 shifts if nothing goes wrong.

I have no idea how long it will take to build a prosthetic from scratch. I imagine it would take about a day to research and develop a working prototype, 'cause that's not something Takii has any particular experience with.

If all I have to do is attach the prosthetic, it will probably take about 3-5 hours, or about half a day, in surgery. I think he'd probably be recovered from the procedure by the next day.
(I am assuming that you actually want the prosthetic attached to the residual limb with surgery. If it's the kind of prosthetic that you just sort of 'wear' strapped in place, it will be much simpler but less durable.)
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed it'd be a strap on but my preference would be to surgically attach an anchor to Tiny's bone so that different prosthetics could be screwed in as needed.

Of course Tiny cannot possibly have created an anchor to turn his elbow into an omni-stump. That is something someone with medicine is going to have to do.

Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Did he say strap in or strap on?"

Yeah, Zinn's been getting himself trained up; he has 5D in First Aid now, so he will be able to start getting Medicine when he's got the CPs for it. Figured since we lost our medic, we ought to have one.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
I assumed it'd be a strap on but my preference would be to surgically attach an anchor to Tiny's bone so that different prosthetics could be screwed in as needed.

Of course Tiny cannot possibly have created an anchor to turn his elbow into an omni-stump. That is something someone with medicine is going to have to do.

Call that long term goals. For now itll have to be a strap on.

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way I'm cool with you fastracking the training Tiny gives for close combat the way you did for Anala and Garolf. Tiny is more than happy to attempt to give pointers to anyone who turns up but it will be more of a wrestling/holds/throws/grapples type lesson as that is what he was formally trained in. He will also warn people that they may never be able to do what he does the way he does it as he uses his strength a lot more than technique.

Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
By the way I'm cool with you fastracking the training Tiny gives for close combat the way you did for Anala and Garolf. Tiny is more than happy to attempt to give pointers to anyone who turns up but it will be more of a wrestling/holds/throws/grapples type lesson as that is what he was formally trained in. He will also warn people that they may never be able to do what he does the way he does it as he uses his strength a lot more than technique.

That's fine, she's mostly looking for a consistant sparing partner. The offer to train/be trained is largely an excuse for some roleplaying between the two characters. It shold be fun to run a sparing session or two. Besides, given Anala's background, Tiny would be the kind of person she grew up around, making him someone she could feel at least a little comfortable around.
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes sense. I'm happy to RP the sparring out also. Tiny is running 3D+2 for defence (the prosthetic counts as melee) or 3D if he goes without and 11D on offence.

Anala has 4D on defence (difference of 7D in Tiny's favour) and 3D+1 in offence (difference of +1 in either Tiny's favour or Anala's depending on if Tiny uses the prosthetic or not) That means While Anala should get some hits on Tiny most things he tries to do to her she will be unable to stop.

Do you want to roll it out or just RP what happens?

Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Makes sense. I'm happy to RP the sparring out also. Tiny is running 3D+2 for defence (the prosthetic counts as melee) or 3D if he goes without and 11D on offence.

Anala has 4D on defence (difference of 7D in Tiny's favour) and 3D+1 in offence (difference of +1 in either Tiny's favour or Anala's depending on if Tiny uses the prosthetic or not) That means While Anala should get some hits on Tiny most things he tries to do to her she will be unable to stop.

Do you want to roll it out or just RP what happens?

Probably just Roleplay it out. I figure that she'll get thown around like a rag doll, but she will be happy so long as she can learn something from it.

On the other side of things, the sneak/hide/search end of things should be pretty one sided in her favor. The difference being that her training sessions will involve a lot fewer bruises.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 243, 244, 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 244 of 247

Jump to: