The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fading Light - OOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> Fading Light - OOC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 245, 246, 247  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also so we don't hijack the plot thread with a lot of combat/training posts can you make a thread for the training Tiny and Anala (and anyone else who want to train) so we can get a little RP in without derailing the progress.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, Ankhanu.

Vong, what weapon did Garolf use for this test?

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Are there guns that Tiny can use for the test with Rownn or does Tiny just watch?

He's not much good with a blaster anyway so he might miss and hit someone if he takes part in the live fire exercise.

No, you are the Bruiser - probably just watching holding back by standards / cops.

is up to you what you do, but no modified blaster at this time.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
Got it, Ankhanu.

What ever weapon he wants. probably his repeater?

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Also so we don't hijack the plot thread with a lot of combat/training posts can you make a thread for the training Tiny and Anala (and anyone else who want to train) so we can get a little RP in without derailing the progress.

Once someone answers how long you want to be on base then sure! if you guys are leaving the afternoon after you did the trial run, then no time for a training session, unless you do it on the ship. I can open a thread of the timeline of in transit?

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - the plan is to use Live Ammo when firing at Rownn.

Reason for that: training rounds are obviously training rounds. A blaster will take a chunk out of ground / wall that it hits. these can barely make the dust fly up.

If you wish to use training rounds it might increase the odds of the ruse being discovered.

The "kill shot" will be one from a Sniper - one he doest see. Those will be training rounds / Squibs on Rownn's person. Since she will never miss it will be impossible to tell that her rounds are training rounds that just set off the squibs attached to Rownns fur.

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
Hellcat wrote:
Got it, Ankhanu.

What ever weapon he wants. probably his repeater?

Ok, the Imp repeater would probably make the most sense for the practice, especially as it might have to be the one used for the actual "murder" op. folks might ask questions about why he'd use his sporting rifle or his pistol over the repeater given they don't have the stopping power.

But Garolf would have to go with the primary fire mode as Rownn would have to have LC up and make a Very Difficult roll to attempt to deflect all three shots from the secondary modes tiangular fire. Two good excuses there that people might buy as to why he'd not use the slightly more devatating triangular fire of the secondary mode. One is range and the other is fire rate. All firing ranges are increased on the pirmary fire mode and the secondary fire mode only allows two three shot shots a round. So Garolf could keep up a continous stream in a round. Good trade off against the slightly higher stopping power.

Plus primary fire mode would make it easier for Garolf to miss Rownn without making it obvious he's trying to miss him based on your last IC pot. Or put his shots in certain spots to make it easier for Rownn to deflect without folks catching on.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. Sorry about my absence over the last couple days; I've been quite ill. I'm SURE someone mentioned the plague in there somewhere...alas, I'm now recovered enough to drag my carcass to the computer and get some posting done. I'll catch up in the threads and make any appropriate posts.

Thanks for the patience.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI guys, I am letting you continue RPing. Baby was due yesterday, so any day now Smile It may be a few weeks before you can rely on me posting again (probably new years or later). I will be logging in here and there to catch up and post here and there. If you want to do another training run, Ankhanu should be able to GM its outcome.

The rules dont state that attacking from two angles make dodging / blocking harder. I will probably rule that it will be one action per "arc" that you wish to defend with LSC. So to get 360 coverage, would be 4 actions reducing Rownns starting dice pool to 8D+1 from 12D+1 (1 action for lsc, 4 actions for arcs). Then aiming 4 shorts at targets brings him down to 4D+1. This means that much less shots can be fired at Rownn in any given round.

I know Tiny and Anala wanted a sparring thread but you guys have not told me how long you want to wait on the planet before heading off to the mission? leave later this afternoon? wait a week?

I know Takii wanted to do some repair work, but hard to prioritize that without knowing how long you guys will be dirt-side.

FYI - I am tracking time so the longer you wait the further into the war you get Smile

Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not put the sparring thread in the travel time and leave ASAP as most of what we want to do can be done in transit can't it.

Good luck with the delivery. I hear only 5% of babies arrive on their due date but I'm fairly sure someone just made that statistic up.

Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Why not put the sparring thread in the travel time and leave ASAP as most of what we want to do can be done in transit can't it.

Good luck with the delivery. I hear only 5% of babies arrive on their due date but I'm fairly sure someone just made that statistic up.

I agree. I cant think of anything that cant be done in transit if we are leaving soon. Any part of the ship with a little space should work, even the common area in a pinch.

As for babies, I've had three kids and none of them were on time. Good luck with the delivery!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great fortune with the baby, my friend! We'll be here when you can post. I've got two kids myself; been there, done that. I know how it goes. Wink
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel happy and sorry for your kid vong. December is the worst time to be born in, and the best.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
Garolf considers what he knows about Essomians in the glaxy and how common it may be for them to be law enforcement agents.

(OOC: Alien species 3D)

Generally Esoomians tend not to be in law enforcement. It was only after the Empire was overthrown that it was actually legal for them to leave their home planet.

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:
Hellcat wrote:
Garolf considers what he knows about Essomians in the glaxy and how common it may be for them to be law enforcement agents.

(OOC: Alien species 3D)

Generally Esoomians tend not to be in law enforcement. It was only after the Empire was overthrown that it was actually legal for them to leave their home planet.

mostly bouncers, hired muscle and mercs. the law can hire one but usually to simply throw at the enemy and watch.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 246 of 247

Jump to: