The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Premade starport?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Premade starport?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lor-Pbk
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Premade starport? Reply with quote

Hey guys... I'm coming down to the wire of the launch of my new campaign group, and I find myself lacking one major component of the first night... And I was hoping someone could throw me a link maybe to some thing to help me...

What do i need? Well, The opening of my campaign takes place as an Imperial fleet has recently dropped a Garrison on the starting planet and the Players are all, in their own way and reasons fleeing the planet. They will be hooking up with a Smuggler who promises to get them off the planet along with 17 other refugees. He promises to take them to a not so nearby starport that is not controled by the empire. Of course it wont be that easy. And in the end I am expecting the group to be in command of the frieghter, they will have saved the other 17 refugees from being sold to a slaver and they will finally track the smuggler back to the starport where he promised to take them in the beginning.

What I need is the blue prints to a starport. I have the starport guide, but I am running short on time to flesh out my own original starport. I was wondering if one of y'all might have a link to something that might help me out.

Thx in advance...
Doomhead
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the Hideouts and Strongholds book from WEG? There are a couple of good Starport base designs in it! If you don't let me know and we can talk off-line!

http://www.box.net/shared/cn6f7sdkog
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rpghost.com/dungeon_gen.shtml

This probably wont help that much, but it may in a pinch. Its a dungeon maker, which technically is a space station Razz give it a try and see what you can do Smile

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platt's Starport Guide is a fantastic bit of fluff. It has some great layouts as well as adventure ideas. It sometimes appears on eBay for $5-$10.. I think I paid $10 for mine, and haven't regretted it. (Despite the fact that the seller forgot to mention the spine damage... which I managed to fix.) I've used it multiple times in two campaigns.

Hideouts and Strongholds also has some crunchy nuggets for this sort of thing. But that one can be a bit pricey if you don't know how to be slick in getting your hands on it.
Caliber
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better late than never...

Platt Images

-Cal
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just LOVE Platt's Starports book. I've had a number of GREAT adventures where all I really had to plan ahead is a reason for my players to be in one of those spaceports. The rest just wrote itself...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: