The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Art of the Hunt - Karae -> IMPORTANT INFORMATION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: IMPORTANT INFORMATION Reply with quote

For this Campaign, I'll be stealing an idea from another PbP that I play in elsewhere.

To roll anything, follow these simple step-by-step guidelines.

1. Click this link: http://www.irony.com/mailroll.html

2. Under "How many dice to roll" select the number of total dice you want rolled.

3. Under "How many sides are on each die" select 6. (As if you didn't know Wink )

4. Under "Should anything be added or subtracted from the roll?" Apply any appropriate bonuses to the base dice.

5. Uncheck the box that says "Drop the lowest roll"

6. Under "how many times should the roll be repeated" just select 1.

7. In the Subject of the roll put your character name and what it is for. For example: "BouncyYoda – Climbing/Jumping"

8. In the First email box you should put in YOUR email address

9. In the Also Email the Results to, put in dicerolls.artofthehunt@googlemail.com

10. Click "Roll them bones"

11. Copy and Paste the results of your roll in the thread it pertains to.

Now to answer some questions before they’re asked:

I'll be taking the First dice rolled as the wild dice.

To save me some time, if you get a 1 or 6 on the first dice, can you reroll 1 die, so that I don't have to prompt you, which'll slow the game down.

I'll be using exactly the same dice roller as you guys do, so there's no question of anything funny happening behind the scenes.

While I hate to mention it, if it becomes clear that anyone is abusing the dice roller, the following will happen:

I'll take over rolling dice for your character.
You'll also be docked a percentage of your TOTAL earned Character Points. If you don't have any unspent Character Points, then half of all the Character Points you earn from then on, will be taken towards paying off your debts.
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Character Generation Reply with quote

Now for what most of you have been champing at the bit for - Character Generation

Attributes = Use the standard Racial dice, + 6 dice.
Skills = You can add 9 dice to skills. Max 2 dice added to any skill (including any specializations).
Starting Force Skills = The first dice in each force power is paid for with 1 dice of attributes. Further dice can be added from those available to increase your skills with, to a maximum of 3 dice.

Races - Any race from Gry's Alien Stats will be considered, but as GM, I retain the right to deny any character. If you -MUST- play something outlandish, I'll expect an excellent background, and a -LOT- of justification to how you won't overpower the other characters.
Equipment - Starting Equipment can be chosen from Gry's Equipment Stats. When the game starts, the Equipment will be limited to what you can buy/borrow/steal/loot.
Weapons - Starting Weapons can be chosen from Gry's Weapon Stats. When the game starts, the weapons available will be limited to what you can buy/borrow/steal/loot.
Vehicles - NO character will be starting with any form of vehicle or starship.

Starting Cash - Characters will start with 4000 credits.
Upgrades to items before start of play - Talk to me about it, and we'll see..

Backgrounds - Good backgrounds will be rewarded with bonus Skill Dice, or possibly even with uprgrades to weapons and equipment.

Last edited by Karae on Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: IMPORTANT INFORMATION - House Rules Reply with quote

Force Users - Anyone wanting to use Force Powers, must have a -damn- good background, for me to consider this.

Concentration - After careful consideration, Concentration will not be available to be used to empower any other force skill.

Melee Parry and Brawling Parry - Won't be used in my campaign. Instead, Melee and Brawling will be used, although you -can- take a specialization in Parry for each, should you wish to.

Lightsaber Forms - Should anyone want to take additional lightsaber forms, they will only be available when you have progressed to 3 Dice above your Dexterity, and then, only with the appropriate teaching.

Any other house rules which might occur during the game, will be added to this list.
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Some useful Information Reply with quote

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1694

I love this guide! Read, remember, and come to love it!

Era Played in - During The Empire Strikes Back - The upheaval the Empire is undergoing will increase the amount of bounties put out to the scum of the galaxy, as the Empire attempts to deal with the increased threat from the Rebel Alliance.

Don't want to play a Bounty Hunter? - That's okay by me.. but I -need- a reason you'd be valuable enough to be included in the group as an equal.
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Wild dice! Reply with quote

When the wild die comes up as 6, add it to the die total. Roll the die again and add the new number.

For the first roll only a 1 on the wild die means rolling another die.

Effect
1 Total up skill dice, but a “complication" occurs.
2-5 Subtract the one and also subtract the highest other die.
6 Add up the dice normally, ignoring the 6 just rolled.

Wild die counts for all die rolls, including weapon damage and rolling Perception for initiative.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Art of the Hunt - Karae All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: