The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Upgrading ships?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Upgrading ships?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Samp
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Upgrading ships? Reply with quote

2 things:

1. I have a neutral space station that will have a shop that sells assorted ship parts in it. The problem is that I can not find any rules or prices for extra ship parts. The type of things I am looking for are, for example, extra gun turrets. I did find a nice sensor decoy deplorer that made sense for the place to have.

Now, I do remember seeing something about adding more things to your ship, but it takes away from the cargo. But I can not find it in any of the books that I have with me (Core book, Pirates and Privateers, Galadium's tech, rebel and imp source books)

2. I was thinking of rewarding the team with a set of armor. I have not come up with a name for it, but I was thinking it would be a nice gift for completing the last mission so well. I was thinking:

New Republic Battle Armor

Skill: None
Type: Battle Armor and Helm

Adds 2D protection to both physical and energy attacks. Because it was custom fitted there is no Dex penalty. It can hold 2 optional upgrades.

Also it includes a built in radio type thing so the squad can communicate silently with each other.

Optional Upgrades (players then can choose 2 for free)

Stealth field generator: Adds 1D to hide, it consumes 1 power pack to last 2 hours.

Target Finder: Adds 1D to blaster if you use the full turn to aim, stacks with a scope if you use one.

Stim Pack: Increase strength by 1D, consumes 1 power pack, and can only be used 1 time a day. It lasts 1 hour.

Hunters ear: Increase search by 1D when you are listening.

So how do those look? If you have any suggestions please let me know. I do not want them to be too overpowered, but I think its time I gave them some interesting toys.
Golbez
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a stickler for the adage "give a little take a little" so your stats leave me wondering why there is no negative repercussions to this armour. Are the PC's far enough in to warrant these bonuses? If so, good for them, if not, why not take something away.

Stealth field generator: Adds 1D to hide, it consumes 1 power pack to last 2 hours.
Perhaps adds an extra power signature the PC's can be detected from

Target Finder: Adds 1D to blaster if you use the full turn to aim, stacks with a scope if you use one.
Perhaps only one target allowed to be targeted before a 1 round reset

Stim Pack: Increase strength by 1D, consumes 1 power pack, and can only be used 1 time a day. It lasts 1 hour.
perhaps some physical side effect of prolonged use. A dependency maybe?

Hunters ear: Increase search by 1D when you are listening.
Hell from Sonic weapons.

Of course.... I wouldn't let these vulnerabilities be known to the player unless they asked about potential weaknesses. I mean, what manufacturer is going to advertise its products downside.
Samp
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha, thats a good idea. I was thinking of adding some side effects to the stim pack anyways. Thanks Smile
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tramp Freighters is the book you're after.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a few extras in Pirate and Privateers.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Upgrading ships? Reply with quote

Samp wrote:

2. I was thinking of rewarding the team with a set of armor. I have not come up with a name for it, but I was thinking it would be a nice gift for completing the last mission so well. I was thinking:

Is someone actually making this for them? How long in game is it going to take, have you figured that out? Where is it being made? WHo else is going to want a set??
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters is the one with the info on new equipment taking up cargo space. Specifically chapter 8, which is pages 30-43 (page 44 is the start of chapter 9).

Wanted Poster
Samp
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.

About the armor, I have been very stingy with gear and money for awhile, so they are due for something nice. I was sorta basing it on the armor I saw in Gundark's fantastic gear.

Maybe they could get the armor itself, but then have to wait for the extra stuff to be installed or something.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they do get it themselves, then it won't be form fitting therefore the Dex penalty is still going to be there.
Golbez
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true, but you could always have them "find" the armour patterns for a manufacturer and have them make them base model armour as payment, with extras coming out of their own pockets.
Samp
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now thinking back maybe it was a tad (very) overpowered ><

I have changed some stuff using some of your suggestions and now I am happy with it. Thanks for the quick replies Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: