The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rule discussions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Strike Team Three: Into the Fire - noctum_carpe -> Rule discussions Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noctum_carpe
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:27 am    Post subject: Rule discussions Reply with quote

Concentration

I feel like skylers using it to mutch, easily making him better that chars specialized at doing things. I think we need somthing about it what does the rest of you think?

You may fire when ready
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh

Increase the DC for when the jedi is not a peace.
have it take a few rounds to activate
make him make a willpower roll (as per the other thread) to see if he is calm enough to use it.
(http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1995)

Cannot use concentration on force powers.
if he uses concentration, that is all he can do in the round (not even keep powers up) (concentration this round, bonus next round)

just a few ideas Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn.

Not even a PM first.
noctum_carpe
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that just want to know what the other think if they say it ok its ok.

You may fire when ready
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
heh

Increase the DC for when the jedi is not a peace.
have it take a few rounds to activate
make him make a willpower roll (as per the other thread) to see if he is calm enough to use it.
(http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1995)

Cannot use concentration on force powers.
if he uses concentration, that is all he can do in the round (not even keep powers up) (concentration this round, bonus next round)

just a few ideas Razz

Isn't concentration supposed to be used to improve a skill being used that round? I don't count it as a MAP in my PbP, but technically that's what it would be. So you may wanna keep that in mind if you're not already rolling it as such, noctum.

Wanted Poster
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm.. a MAP doesn't really count for much when you get to ADD 4 dice to the skill roll anyway?
noctum_carpe
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hum someone got the specs of the power? if so put it up. I seem to remeber its +4D for next action the next round or +3D for an action this round. Also i dont think it worksfor actions that take longer than one round but i dont remeber.

You may fire when ready
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concentration
Control Difficulty: Easy if the Jedi is relaxed and at peace; Difficult if the Jedi is filled with aggression, fear, or other negative emotions; Very Difficult if the Jedi is acting on the negative emotions.

Effect: When using this power, Jedi clear all negative thoughts from their minds, feeling the Force flowing through the universe and their own being.

The individual Jedi concentrates on one specific task at hand. If the skill roll is successful, the Jedi may add +4D to any one action in that round. The Jedi may do nothing other than using the concentration power and using that one skill for a single action. The Jedi receives no bonus
if anything else is done in that round, including duplicate uses of the same skill or dodges or parries.

This power may be used in conjunction with Force Points and Character Points. This power is only in effect for one round and may not be kept up.

Example: Luke is flying down the trench of the Death Star. With Bens urging, he clears his mind of negative thoughts, and feels the Force flowing through him. Using the Force, he concentrates on the task at hand of firing a proton torpedo into the unshielded exhaust port. Since he has cleared his mind, the control difficulty is Easy.

Lukes player declares that Luke is also spending a Force Point to accomplish the task this round. Lukes starship gunnery skill is 6D. he looses 1D for doing one other thing in the round (using the Force counts as an action), reducing his starship gunnery skill to 5D. Because he rolls successfully for his control, he receives the bonus of +4D, making his effective skill for that round 9D. Because he is spending a Force Point,
his skill level is doubled to 18D!

If Luke attempted any other action in that round, including firing another proton torpedo or blaster, or dodging enemy shots, he would receive no bonus.
noctum_carpe
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Th Karae:) Since its said it cant be keept up is say only actions taking one rond can be used.

You may fire when ready
Karae
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.. and I'd also say that anything that would impose a MAP (Using it on say Control, for a Control and Sense power, when both rolls were trying to be made in one round), would also negate the 4D it adds, thanks to the last line.

If Luke attempted any other action in that round, including firing another proton torpedo or blaster, or dodging enemy shots, he would receive no bonus.

If however, the powers were being raised in 2 rounds, I'd say it could be used on the first roll, but not the second.
noctum_carpe
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hum

For example raising lighsaber combat.

rond one concetrate and rolling controll. -1D to both rolls.
round two concentrate and roll sense. but suffer -1D + -1D =- 2D thou to keeping up the control roll and concentrate.

Ill think I going to allow that. Howerver the difficulty for the concentrate will wary based on a willpower roll and the situation. So it will be more difficult to use concentrate in combat or when its possible to be distracted.

Willpower will become important for jedis thou.

You may fire when ready
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have to agree with that one, Karae.

While it might be argued that it could be rolled in each round WITH the other roll being made, I'd also have to say that in the case, for instance, of Lightsaber Combat, once you've rolled the Control, THAT part of it is active and therefore "UP". That right there would kinda make it not applicable to use it for the second roll (Sense).

Now, I think I've seen it done in the past where, when the Control roll to bring up Concentration was successful, that the +4D bonus was actually split between the Control and Sense rolls; this reflects the use of the power in conjunction with bringing the overall power up, but doesn't confer massive bonuses to BOTH rolls; that would be absurd.
noctum_carpe
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new Dsp rules suggestion

Number of dsps Mod
1 +1D
2 +1D
3 +2
4 +2
5 +1
6 +1
7 +1
8 +1
9 +1
10 +1
11 +1
12 +1

When one has dsp/dsps and uses the force you have to roll willpower to avoid the temptation from the darkside to twist, the user to evil.

1-2 easy
3-4 moderate
5-6 Difficult
7-8 Very difficult
9-10 Heroic
11-12 Heroic +10

If you use the force while you char has dsps and fail your willpower roll you must act on the impulses from the dark side. This is true even if you avoid the bonus of the dark side. But then you get a bonus/penalty to your willpower roll by control-number of dsps. The higher control you have the better you can resist the dark sides temptation.

1-4 dsps impules is petty evil, and general nastynes, that does not hurt anyone very much

5-8 dsps impules is continues evil, hurting people badly.

9-12 dsps Is pure evil, you kill if someone contradict you or if you dislike the color of their clothing.

You may fire when ready

Last edited by noctum_carpe on Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
suud43
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It gives force-users a lot of room to amass DSPs. Might lead to a wider use of the Force for "evil" acts or DS force powers. As a non-force-user-player I'm not sure if I like that, as the jedi-types do get more power this way....

"Learning by pain, motivation by horror."

"Life is real tough, bring a helmet."
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it works. i always thought the DS rules were a bit harsh Razz

you could have created a force user suud, but u went a different path Razz

i say go with the new rule Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Strike Team Three: Into the Fire - noctum_carpe All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: