The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Classic Star Wars Sim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Classic Star Wars Sim
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2E151
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Classic Star Wars Sim Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'd like introduce you to a new online Campaign; its called the Classic Star Wars Sim. To summarize the storyline; its tentatively set to take place six months after Endor in the Outer Territories as the crumbling Empire attempts to maintain a hold on its outer most territories. Though this is a war Simulation with an emphasis on the strategy, tactics and logistics of war, it is by no means a shallow, one-dimensional campaign. I've placed a heavy emphasis on character development and character interaction.

Administratively ,the staff will consist of the faction leaders and the moderator staff, which will consist of an independent High Game Master (HGM) and two assistant gamemasters (GM).

Of course I suppose this sounds like a majority of the RP Campaigns and Sims that float through the online community. Allow me to explain how the CSWS will differ because really, no one wants to waste their time on a RP thats likely to crash and burn within the first month.

First off, it's going to be something planned for the long-term; geared towards a larger crowd (20 or more) of players though not entirely dependent on them. The initial foundation will consist of creating a solid hierarchical foundation within each faction; once the game nears start-up, new players will start out on the end of the scale as fresh Lieutenants, Governors, Junior Diplomats, and Jedi/Sith Acolytes.

This way long-term commitment and participation are encouraged while those who don’t participate or cause trouble never get promoted and eventually fade away. In essence, we’re able to cut the dead-weight loose long before they start dragging the factions down.

More importantly, maintaining a solid chain-of-command will alleviate stress on players with varying time constraints.Over the years, I’ve found this is absolutely instrumental to the success of a Sim.

With a solid core for each faction, the Sim will be able to properly distribute the leadership pressure and load. People have lives; school, work, military and love. We can’t expect a select few to bear the responsibilities of running an entire Faction spanning hundreds of planets, and thousands of ships. It’s all about load distribution through proper use of the chain of command.

The college student with an excess of free time can opt to take command of a large fleet of two or three dozen capital ships spanning across several sectors while the Graduate student working on his PhD could slide into the role of a Governor of a single planetary system. The Graduate doesn’t feel pressured to get online if he has to focus on his thesis paper for the next two weeks, because the sector Moff can easily pick up the slack for him.

By tailoring the experience, we’d be more apt to not only retain those already within our ranks, but also entice players facing a time crunch who might not otherwise consider playing

It will also have the two-fold advantage of being able to weather the inevitable loss of some players over time. Once a slot opens, someone will be waiting to move into it. We’ll even be able to weather the retirement of key Faction leaders if the occasion must rise; the Sim should be able to outlive all of its original players.

I hope this will appeal to many of you here; however its important to note that even though ideas have been tossed around for quite awhile, the CSWS isn't scheduled for launch until later next year. Something like this deserves careful planning.

Right now, we're looking for individuals willing to make a commitment in the upper echelon of a faction. The ground works already set; we're looking for players willing to contribute ideas and help hammer out the rules.

If your interested, have questions or comments, thoughts or, ideas please visit the SWSF at; http://www.swsimforum.com/ under the board entitled the Classic Star Wars Sim, or simply look me up on Instant Messenger under AIM J2E151 or ICQ #173940569 (I use Trillian)

-2E1
ensignoftheunit@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: