The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Melee Weapon Customization
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Melee Weapon Customization Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for something like a vibro weapon of some kind, one of the first things you'd want to consider is a silencer. They may not be as loud as say a lightsaber, but the ultrasonic generator still should have some kind of tell-tale him to them. Not very good if you're trying to be stealthy, so silencing the generator would be good.

Then there's the ever handy hydrospanner mod. Anyone else remember in The Bacta War where Corran disguised his lightsaber as a hydrospanner? Well, you don't have to go for a lightsaber. Try placing a knife blade or a vibroblade into the handle of a hydrospanner, making it be spring loaded so that when it's nneed it can be quickly ejected from the handle at the push of a button. To add to the deception, have the hydrospanner actually work as a hydrospanner (may need a handle that is slightly bigger than normal but not so much so as to not draw attention to itself).

Give you're melee artist a little range by attaching a holdout blaster or dart launcher to the melee weapon. It can either clearly be there or maybe it placed into the handle and fires out some hard to see barrel.

A narrow sword or a vibro raprier could be disguised as a walking stick. Maybe even have the scabard that disguises the blade be strong enough to act as quarter staff or club. But you may have to loose the sword/vibro raipier's guard.

A built in stun generator could give the person the option of switching from deadly force to stunning on contact.

How about putting in something that causes the melee weapon to light up so there is no need to worry about something like a glow rod if their in a dark place.

Build a comlink into the melee weapon.

Wanted Poster
Samp
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what I might do is just let the player come up with ideas, and then work out the rules from there. You guys all have good ideas that I can use as suggestions!

Thanks, you guys are such a help. I hope when I become more well versed I can help someone else like you all have helped me.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not worry, young one. Your time will come.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: