The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rancor Pit Website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Rancor Pit Website Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarthMortis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Game Guy wrote:
DarthMortis wrote:
The Game Guy wrote:
DarthMortis wrote:
I don't particularly hate Windows, it's a good operating system, it's just what people do it, with all the virus' and whatnot. I would suggest getting FireFox http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Believe me, as someone who works in IR I wouldnt call windows a good OS.

The operating system is good for what it's meant for : User friendliness. If there weren't so many viruses made for Windows it would be a much better operating system.

I actually think MACs are more user friendly. I am a PC person but I have considered making the switch.

Depending on what kind of user you are. MAC's aren't exactly friendly to gamers.
"I believe the Jedi are weak so they give up their emotions. I believe the Sith are weak so they give up to their emotions. I lay somewhere in the middle, not afraid to keep my emotions, but afraid to lose myself in them." - Daroth Mortanis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Game Guy
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthMortis wrote:
Depending on what kind of user you are. MAC's aren't exactly friendly to gamers.

Well I don't play games on the computer. What I am probably going to do is just switch to Linux and get rid of windows totally.
DarthMortis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Game Guy wrote:
DarthMortis wrote:

Well I don't play games on the computer. What I am probably going to do is just switch to Linux and get rid of windows totally.

What kind of Linux are you going to get? I had Linux on this computer for a while, but I couldn't get the media player to work so I scrapped it. And yes, music is that important to me. It was probably because it was an older version of Linux (no I don't remember what it was, it was a few years ago, when I didn't know anything about computers)
"I believe the Jedi are weak so they give up their emotions. I believe the Sith are weak so they give up to their emotions. I lay somewhere in the middle, not afraid to keep my emotions, but afraid to lose myself in them." - Daroth Mortanis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend Ubuntu. I've already gotten it to the point where I can make all of my media work, now it's just a matter of sitting down and figuring out what I need to to do to get the wireless working. Once I do that, I will never use Windows again if I can help it. If I do want to do any computer gaming, there's always WINE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: