The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D6 Starship Generator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> D6 Starship Generator
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: D6 Starship Generator Reply with quote

I believe this is set to D6 space so it would need some watching of the final result but.

http://d6.ironsind.com/ShipGen/shipgen.php

Good stuff.

Alexis
*smiles*
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like it. It's actually not based on D6 Space. It came out long before D6 Space did. I based it on an amalgam of Star Wars, the old Starships of the Galaxy book by WOTC, and a mixture of assorted ship construction systems. That's why there are are substantially different drive systems, shielding systems, etc. available when you are constructing ships. I consider it a "generic" starship generator for use with D6.

If you're looking for something specifically Star Wars, one of the fellows on here...I forget whom, helped out with the pen&paper version and got a strictly Star Wars version sorted out so you can use the base system for creating STar Wars ships. It's not as fancy as the version you linked to, but it is useful if you're looking for Star Wars specific ships.

However, if you want to include some ships in Star Wars that don't exactly fit the mold of the rest of Star Wars ships, such as a Star Trek ship, or even a Firefly ship, the D6 ship generator would actually work pretty good for it, I'd think.

Anyway, glad you like it, and be sure to spread the word out it to others. Smile
Sith'Ari Lizanthrin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! Never would I do that. I use the correct engine type, tone down the sensors, delete stupid names and text from the final version, and make certain space speeds/sensors/weapons/weapon types are in line with SW.

I just like the fact that its easy to use for my players who are not quite as apt as I in the math dept. They start there. I break out my rules, tweak, compare, tone down and retext, and voila. They got the ship they wanted I kept it WEG style SW ^_^.

Alexis
*hangs her head and sighs*
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sith'Ari Lizanthrin wrote:
Oh no! Never would I do that. I use the correct engine type, tone down the sensors, delete stupid names and text from the final version, and make certain space speeds/sensors/weapons/weapon types are in line with SW.

I just like the fact that its easy to use for my players who are not quite as apt as I in the math dept. They start there. I break out my rules, tweak, compare, tone down and retext, and voila. They got the ship they wanted I kept it WEG style SW ^_^.

Alexis
*hangs her head and sighs*

Oh how many people have troubles with math. Statting starting characters is probably my largest aspect in this department Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
Oh how many people have troubles with math. Statting starting characters is probably my largest aspect in this department Razz

When the numbers get too big, I've found it useful to take off my shoes and count on my toes, as well as my fingers.
Very Happy
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
vong wrote:

When the numbers get too big, I've found it useful to take off my shoes and count on my toes, as well as my fingers.
Very Happy

Brilliant! I went another approach, and made a character gen program to do the math for me:)

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Lor-Pbk
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<==== /impressed
Krapou
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the p&p Star Wars version, you could find it there :
http://krapz.free.fr/data/Starships_Pricing.pdf

The final pricing is reletively close of 'official' SW pricing AFAIK Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: