The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Out of Character Posts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 -> Out of Character Posts Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Schrute
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, hope Rome was fun! I had a question about IC actions, as in how liberal can we be with our posts? I didn't wanna post things like, blasting away at the troopers, and a combat dodge and a myriad of other things without knowing if you want us to go ahead and describe our actions as such, or if you want us to set it up, like I did, then you roll or say 'go ahead' or whatever?
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The graphics page is updated with the new positioning by the way. Ok back to your questions. Plan on it going pretty much as you two post and then I post, you two post then I post. I will sort out the initiative rolls in my post, for example, you shot at the 2 stormtroopers. Well if you had the middle initiative roll I will simply write as you fire your first shot at the stormtrooper on the left a bolt strikes you left arm. You bolt seems to continue on target and strikes him in the torso knocking him down.

So what will be required in your posts is a (note like this indicating if you are planning on reactively dodging or holding your position). That way I can subtract the multiple action penalties or anything else I have to do the rolling and complete the engagement. Try to be as descriptive as you can on everything. Tell me if you are aiming, or trying to hit his arm (i will use called shot rules) or if you are attempting to hide behind the car and maybe take a pop shot and I will make appropriate adjustments to dice as necessary. I will also post your total roll but not the number of dice you rolled. Be creative in everything and it will be rewarded I will not put you into situations where there is only one way out (unless you do it to yourself).

And for your info i am just using the rancorpit dice roller from the main page so blame the rancorpit if your rolls stink. Just kidding. But seriously you can blame them.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should clarify a little further I didn't mean to be that restrictive on your postings. If you are just roleplaying or doing something normal than post normally. If you post is going to require a roll or you think there will be odd consequences. I will reply to the PMs from today and then you guys can continue to post. Also, I will be posting just about everyday if not a few times a day if you guys are up for a little higher frequency game (I definitely am).
Jedi Schrute
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, sounds good to me. I can post a few times a day no prob.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever one of us thinks we are going to be away for more than a day or two lets give a post so were don't run the game without you. Thanks.
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks starting Tuesday; however, I believe I'll be able to post at least daily.

If that turns out not to be the case, I'll let you know.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dudes,

Pretty sweet of your GM to say post when you aren't going to be around for a few days then I dissappear for a few days. I am totally sorry about that, but my internet went down for the last two days and I just got it fixed. I promise we will keep moving now.
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, don't worry about it. I had a scare today, thought the computer was down here. Turns out to have been a momentary glitch, thankfully.

I'll keep up as I can. Shouldn't be a problem, though. I seem to be able to get on just about every night.
Jedi Schrute
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My home computer's in the shop, so posts might be a little less often and a little more sporadic. But shouldn't be much of a hangup. Prolly get it back by Thursday at the latest.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No prob. I leave for a few weeks on business next wednesday. I should hopefully be able to keep posting while I am gone but we will see.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything in particular you are looking for??
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I figure there's not going to be anything here in the way of proof...however, I'm looking around for anything else that might be of help...datapads, weapons, contacts, etc. Dad may have been a bit disorganized, but I'm familiar with his disorganization, and so would know such things when I saw them...
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure when I will be back up, I am TDY for the next few weeks and it sounds like the internet we were suppose to have has not materialized yet, so stand by for further words.
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. We'll be here when you get back.
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon my long absences, everyone. I've started my new job...finally working days, but right now most of them are 12 hour days, plus my computer's down AGAIN (yes, I'm about to go all Chewbacca on it) so I've not had much time to get to the library to get online. I'm on my way to catch up; I hope I've not been holding everyone up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: