The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dolph Gallia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 -> Dolph Gallia Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Dolph Gallia Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler's character. This is where we will start you out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Lets roll Reply with quote

Dolph awakes from a restless night sleep early in the morning (approx 6:30) in his father's downtown apartment near the capital building in Legrath. He is still exhausted from not sleeping well and having a bad dream. He get up to get ready for his fathers funeral in a few hours. The funeral procession leaves the apartment at 8 for the cemetery. It has been a week since the assasination and things in Legrath only seem to be getting worse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finding himself sitting bolt upright in his bed, Dolph is forced to take several long, deep breaths to try and calm himself. The vestiges of yet another nightmare tease the outer recesses of his memory...dark, macabre images replay themselves over and over in his perfect memory, images of his father dying in a myriad of excruciating deaths, and each time he's forced to watch he finds himself yet again just at the periphery of the scene, just barely too far away to be of any assistance in keeping his father alive. Straining mightily, his lungs burning from lack of oxygen, his muscles screaming in pain as his inexorably slow progress falls short of that needed to change history, each time Dolph finds himself uttering a blood-curdling, anguished wail as his father falls dead to the floor, his accusing eyes open and staring into Dolph's haunted ones...

Shaking his head and wiping his eyes, Dolph spends several moments disentangling himself from the sweat-soaked sheets coccooning him in his bed. Can't be late, he thinks to himself. Not this time.

Finally succeeding in freeing himself from the clinging bedclothes he crosses to the window and looks out over the city. Someone out there knows. Someone out there DID THIS. And I'm gonna find out WHO... Sighing deeply Dolph heads to the 'fresher and gets himself cleaned up.

Dressed in a fashionable yet serviceable suit designed for ease of movement and the ability to conceal weapons, Dolph looked at himself in the mirror. He found his father's face staring back at him, the resemblance between them always having been uncanny. Looking himself up and down, he raises an eyebrow, then goes to the spacer's chest at the foot of his bed. Keying the cypher lock he opens the chest and extracts a pair of vibroblades, which he tucks inside the smartly cut waistcoat. Wishing he were going in his full armor and packing his energy weapons, he knew that he couldn't afford to go waving them about here; he'd have the Imps on his head faster than they'd been on his...

...Kark.

The invective was uttered only half-heartedly, his anger and grief tempered by the innate sense of duty to his people which had been instilled in him by the very man he was saying goodbye to today. Frowning, he looked around, then picked up his datapad and tucked it into a pocket inside his waistcoat. If he got into a pinch the device was loaded with a number of slicing programs, and they should be sufficient to get him out of any situations that might arise for the duration of the funeral.

He closed the spacer's chest, looking around the apartment. He'd gotten his things in order, packed but readily accessible. One never knew if an attempt might be made on his life as well, and he might need to beat a hasty retreat at any given point. He could grab his things and be gone like a shadow...

...but for now, the funeral...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: To the funeral Reply with quote

As Dolph finishes his preparations he sees the procession proceeding down the long street in front of the apartment. As he opens the door the lead vehicle comes to a halt just off the curb. A moment later, the chauffeur steps from the vehicle (a Mobquet Luxury Landspeeder) and opens the rear passenger door. Out steps the a Mon Calamari with royal blue skin with patches of darker skin that get nearly black, which contrasts his yellow eyes. He is dressed quite formally and seems quite solemn. You recognize him as you fathers head servant but you have never really had the chance to converse with him or get to know him before. You know he was very good to your father and very intelligent, and that your father took care of him. They had a very good relationship for technically being master and slave. He motions you into the car, bowing his head.

You notice the caravan of vehicles are all pretty much identical luxury landspeeders approximately 20 in all, no doubt filled with either high ranking officials or high class aquaintances of your father. Security at a glance seems over adequate with extensive police escort. You are in the lead vehicle with your fathers casket in the following one. All the Pantem traditional are being followed and nothing seems at all out of the ordinary.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before getting into the landspeeder, Dolph nods and smiles kindly at the Mon Cal. "You were always very good to my father. I thank you for that; I know he greatly appreciated every bit of help you ever gave him."

Climbing into the vehicle and taking a seat, Dolph actively scans the crowds, the procession, eyeballing them from a security standpoint. Knowing he's not in that role anymore but unable and unwilling to let his guard down, he continues to scan anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all seems so familiar to Dolph, this is exactly like imagined it would be, this long slow drive to his father's service. He remembers seeing the buildings in exactly the light they are in now, and the Pantem banners waiving from the windows and columns. It is almost like deja vu.

The vehicles begin to slow. Dolph closes he eyes for second and lowers his head thinking about his father, still groggy and tired. As he rubs his eyes, Timi says "it is truly amazing that the people loved your father this much, they have even hung signs from their windows praising him." Dolph hadn't noticed the signs before and as Timi said that an image just popped into his head. The image of the sign said "We will miss you." It was on a white sheet written in huge blue letters flowing in the breeze seen out the right car window.

As you wake yourself up and open your eyes you turn to the right and a few seconds later that sign becomes just visible from a building that had been blocking it from view.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph studies the sign, the building it hangs from, calling up his memories to identify it. He examines the vicinity, wanting to know who is sending the message.

If his memory doesn't suffice, he'll pull out his ever-present datapad and call up any information he can find.

If that information is sparse, he'll point it out to Timi and ask the Mon Calamarian about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph is sure he has recognizes that image. He has seen this all before but he has never been down this road and certainly never on a day like today.

Timi makes no significant conversation about the sign other than his general discussion of how you father is dearly missed.

As you begin to really think about where you have seen this before, you remember turning and seeing a police officer move up along side the vehicle just passing the left door next to Timi. As you think of that you glance left and see exactly what you remember and it seems so fresh in your memory.

You start to get a sinking feeling realizing that this is exactly the dream that startled you awake a few hours ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph concentrates to recall all the details of his dream, wondering if perhaps he may have had a premonition...To be safe he adds, "Timi? Are there scanners built into this vehicle? If so, start 'em up. I've got a bad feeling about this..."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you think and you glance at Timi you realize you have seen this before, Timi sitting to your left, the drivers white hair, the banners, the officers pulling up next to the car all of it. And you begin to think ahead. You remember seeing the people begin to run, and fire, and the car veer to the right, but you remember nothing past that moment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alarmed, Dolph gets the driver's attention. "There's danger out there. We need to get out of here, NOW. Jink, juke, do whatever you have to do. Get this procession out of here pronto. Otherwise we're sitting ducks."

((OOC-Does Dolph have a comm channel to the security for the procession?))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(The drivers does have a comm connection with the rest of the procession.)

The driver begins to speed up and head for the last intersection before the road right in front of the gate to the cemetery. As he begins to turn left onto the next road to leave this main street you see the crowds starting to run from the right to the left across the nose of your car a few hundred yard in front of you near the gate. (a very quick sketch is on the maps page).

The car hits the curb while making the quick turn onto the new street. As it settles down from the bump you look away from the panicking crowd and out the front window to see a large vehicle a hundred yards in front of your car heading lumbering toward you (picture on graphics post as well).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8449

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph's hands itch to hold something more substantial than a vibroblade. "Keep us away from THAT," he orders, pointing out the vehicle coming toward them. "As you've probably deduced by now, it's not likely to be the welcoming committee. Get on the comm to our security detail and get 'em on that tank. Get reinforcements here on the double and have 'em make sure the civilians are herded out of here. We don't need any collateral damage, especially not today."

Dolph searches the back of the limo to see if there are any weapons cached in here for just such an emergency...

"If you can swing it, see if out security detail can get me a weapon. One more trained fighter might make the difference if we get in a lightfight."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at maps and graphics page for info on where your fathers other houses are. You have never been to the one near the ocean but knew of it as your fathers vacation home. The other one is his main residence (the house of the Mayor not really owned by your father but where he lived as Mayor). For purposes of where you want to go I need to know immediate actions (since they are still shooting at you) to get you at least a few blocks from the fight if that is your plan and then we can move faster from there. You are in a Astral 8 luxury land speeder and can see the stormtrooper peaking from behind the wall that is shooting at your vehicle but you are enclosed. You are in a parallel parking spot facing north outside of the apartments to your left (the downtown map has been updated as well as the new area map). This the information you recall and things you see so you can post to the main forum whatever you want.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0