The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fall from Power
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 -> Fall from Power Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Fall from Power Reply with quote

The Chief of the civil affairs committee falls next in line to replace the Mayor until an emergency election can be set in place. That is the official policy for what happens in the event of a mayoral death; however, most people (and rightly so) believe that the Empire will use this as a way to secure marshal law over the city of Legrath and thus the planet of Pantem.

The federal government is trying to stiff arm the Empire but with little control over the local police and emergency services they have only the power to use the planetary defense force which would require them claiming their own marshal law.

The people are becoming very anxious and nervous as the figurehead that is the mayoral position falls from it pedistal and leaves them with little comfort and almost no direction. The people are ready to follow a government that guarantees their freedom and their safety. The Empire is not that government, they would provide safety but at the expense of freedom.

As it stands the Empire is importing more and more stormtroopers as “peacekeepers” but has done little to supervise their activities. They are being used anyway their commanders see fit with the objective of slowly taking control of the entire city. Other cities have become “infested” with them as well but not to the extent of Legrath. The starport is still technically a free port but no free trader has come to the planet in weeks. The people are beginning to run low on imported supplies and are very weary about a hostile take over.

Riots have begun to break out and stormtroopers have begun using non stun settings on some of the crowds with pretty weak excuses as to why they are doing it. The qwelling of such riots has led to more mistrust and anger. Recently the rioters seem to be fighting back in almost a planned manner often taking the imperials by surprise and causing a significant number of stormtrooper causalties. This makes the imperials even more nervous and more likely to use lethal force.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Funeral Reply with quote

(We will continue here as a group.)

After a very violent week in Legrath, the mayor is dead and numerous riots have left hundreds dead or wounded at the hands of the stormtroopers.

The funeral is today. It is a cloudy, overcast day the kind where is looks like dusk all day long but there is no rain. It is as if the weather knows what kind of event is taking place.

The mayor's son, Dolph, enters the lead vehicle in a long distinguished convoy accompanied by the indentured servant of the deceased mayor, Timi. The convoy leaves Dolph's residence for the cemetery (a 20 minute drive) and slowly begins crossing town. People line several of the streets bowing their heads in mourning for the deceased leader. As is tradition on Pantem as the procession turns onto any given street all turn toward the vehicles and everyone falls completely silent. Comlinks are turned off, repulsorlifts halt, markets fall quiet. It is eary but a great honor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to remain respectful, Hiram looked out into the crowd scanning for danger. It was an amazing sight - all eyes falling on the procession - ; one fraught with danger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph looks out over the multitudes paying their respects to his father. A single tear makes its way down his cheek as he is deeply moved by the display.

To the Mon Cal servant he says, "He was truly loved, wasn't he?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The convoy make the turn onto the main boulevard. As the cars align onto the road the true impact the mayor had is apparent. An enormous crowd is gathering just outside the large gates shaped like ancient warriors. The procession is still a half mile or so away from the entrance and yet the masses of people can be made out clearly. All waiting for the mayor to be laid to rest.

The cemetery is a large with an abundance of trees and shrubs through out. It is well maintained and resembles a military cemetery (though the mayor never served). Flowers envelope the gateway and arches and the gate is still closed, since the ceremony will be private.

The vehicles in the convoy begin to space out a little further to limit becoming targets and the first 4 officers speed off ahead of the procession toward the gate to begin to make way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph studies the vicinity as the vehicle passes, looking for anything that might be out of place or otherwise noteworthy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiram tapped his commlink in confirmation, leaning in over the handlebars of his scooter. He gave the vehicle a gentle burst of acceleration, pulling the scooter in front of the lead car, across the front and easing back on the throttle to fall in line with the Driver's left side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the convoy begins to reroute down the street to the left it finds itself head on toward a heavy tank. The lead driver, spooked by the sudden appearance of the lumbering behemoth throws the wheel to the right. As the lead limo hits the right curb on the street it begins to swerve sharply around out of control. Hiram's patrol scooter continues ahead unable to match the maneuvers of the limo.

Just as the car veers right a massive blaster bolt passes in between Hiram's vehicle and the car and an enormous explosion is seen and heard right behind you. The explosion knocks the lead car up over and it rolls over onto its top (updated picture is in graphics forum).

Dolph as the car comes to a halt you find yourself slightly dazed but upright now on the ceiling of the vehicle. Timi is next to you moaning in pain and barely conscious. All the windows have been shattered and the driver is struggling to get out the driver door (facing away from the tank now). You can see the crushed patrol scooter of the officer that was to your right prior to the spin out up against the wall and the officer laying on the ground outside of your limo door.

Hiram is staring down the now rotating turret of an Imperial tank (you search roll was successful and you notice the symbols on the tank and know that the Pantem military doesn't operate these). The blaster bolt destroyed the 3rd car in the convoy and knocks several of the officers off of their patrol scooters. The comlink is going crazy with officers screaming directions to each other and none of it is discernable. You are the furthest forward of the officers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kriffing drekballs!" Dolph screams as he takes stock of the situation. "Timi! C'mon, snap out of it! We have to get moving!"

Dolph scrambles to help the Mon Cal out of the limo. As he moves, he continues to search for any weapons that might be hidden in the vehicle for just such an emergency. He also snaps to the driver, "Get me a comlink and a weapon, now!"

He then makes sure both get out of the vehicle safely. Once out, Dolph instructs the driver to get Timi to safety while Dolph immediately begins to appraise the situation from his law enforcement background, looking for anything that can be commandeered, salvaged, or otherwise used to his advantage. He'll also go to the nearest security officer and demand a weapon to fight back with, flashing credentials if need be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The barrel of the tank was intoxicating to Hiram, the end seemingly growing larger as it finished its rotation, pointing directly at him. His body felt like lead as he struggled to compute the need to move out of the way.

A noise to his right distracted him slightly, waking Hiram from his daze. A person had emerged from a turned over car making some noise in the process. Now he was walking towards Hiram flapping about some credentials and the need for a weapon. It was the Mayor's son.

Hiram took a double take at the man approaching and the huge tank bearing weapons at him before throwing himself off the bike and making a dash towards the Mayor's son (intention being to drag him along into the nearest side street / alley)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cannon fires again missing Hiram and his scooter as he makes a break for Dolph. As Dolph climbs from the car dragging Timi who is still barely responsive, blaster fire erupts from several of the other officers causing the expected negligable damage to the tanks thick armor. The convoy begins to evasively disperse about the main boulevard. As Dolph starts to regain his full awareness he finds himself standing next to the unconscious officer from the first blast. He is laying face down on the sidewalk. Dolph sees his weapon several feet in front of him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(ooc - this would start as soon as the Mayors son makes his decision about the blaster)

Avoiding being taken out by the tank and from the crossfire of fellow officers, Hiram rushed to the Mayor's son, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him to a nearby side street.

"We have to get out of the street!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His full faculties returning to him in a rush, Dolph sees an unconscious officer sprawled in the street, his weapon on the ground in front of him. Nodding to himself Dolph quickly scoops up the weapon, then returns to Timi. Lightly slapping the Mon Cal's face a couple times to help rouse him, he says, "Timi? Timi!? We have to get out of here! There's a tank moving in and it's gonna crush us! I need you to move under your own power so I can help this officer get to safety! Come ON!!!

At that point another officer takes hold of Dolph's arm and starting to pull him away. Rotating the grabbed arm in an easy circle to break the officer's grip he indicates the unconscious officer and Timi. "Help me get them out of the street. We can't just leave them here." Tucking the weapon into his belt, under his waist coat, he bends down and scoops up the officer in a fireman's carry, indicating Timi with an incline of his head. "Help him out of here; he's dazed but barely conscious and can help you a little in getting him moved."

Once the officer begins to help Timi, Dolph scans the area and begins to head out for the safest-appearing area. Upon arriving he'll gently lower the officer to the ground, then quickly divest him of his utility belt, comlink, and any spare blaster packs the man has. Once he's done that he'll strap on the belt and look around for any targets of opportunity...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timi is still laying incapacitated on the sidewalk still having no idea what has happened in a shell shocked state. The unconscious officer is bleeding from his nose and ear and not moving. As Dolph sets him down around the corner. (Calling North up on that street graphic) You use the inverted car as cover during your egress and turn the corner to the north which you assess to be the safest area right now. Dolph has no problems collecting the gear from the officer after he sets him down. (You now have a Westar Blaster pistol, a stun baton if you want it, 2 stun grenades, a comlink, and 2 blaster packs). You are just around the corner from the side street and on the sidewalk facing the main boulevard. The other tank has turned the corner in the north the face south down the boulevard and has begun laying waste to later vehicles in the convoy. Most every vehicle has been abandon (or is in the process of) as people are running for cover everywhere. The crowd from the gate is now dispersed all about with people screaming in terror. It has also become apparent that the tanks are followed by a small number of storm troopers that have begun firing on the "unruly assembly".

Both Hiram and Dolph hear over the comlink to the officers. "Get everyone out of here, fighting is useless just protect the civilians from the convoy and egress the area immediately. Repeat egress with the civilians asap."

The first, third, and 7-10th vehicles have been destroyed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC- Yes, I DEFINITELY want that stun baton too))

Clipping the comlink to his collar so he can listen to it hands-free, Dolph looks at the officer who came up to him. "You heard the orders; we have to get the civilians out of here." He indicates the bedlam with a tilt of his head. "Those stormtroopers are mowing down innocent people at will, without regard for anyone's safety. We have to get people out of here now. This area here seems to be the safest spot at the moment, but we can't have people congregate here only to have the Imperials turn their blasters in this direction. If we get people here, we have to shoo them on out of the general area. Agreed?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0