The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Fall from Power
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 -> Fall from Power Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC - Check your PM's I put a synopsis of everything so far in there so everyone can get back on the same page and we can get in the swing of things again, since i have been slacking for a while now. Check it out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a cautionary glance around the port, Hiram will follow dolph and timi into the office.

(thanks for the synopsis!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you enter the office, the old Sullustan quickly shuts the door behind you and pulls down the blinds. "I have heard about the attacks from this morning, I wasn't sure if you were even still alive. Let alone the fact that I wasn't sure if you father ever even had a chance to tell you what he had arranged for you in this more dire of circumstances. But as with everything you father always had a plan." He continues his waddle of a walk toward another door at the back of the office, and waves you on over his shoulder. He opens the door and holds it for all of you to pass and then follows you in and closes the door behind him. You see the little droid from earlier plugging into a computer terminal in the far corner of the room and generally ignore you. "Timi, I believe it was? I doubt you remember me, I haven't held a meeting with Dolph's father in several years but I remember he was quite fond of your work. He had even made arrangements for you. I can't say I have had the honor of meeting your other friend however." He extends his hand to shake hands with Hiram. "Oh, I must apologize. I just realized that none of you probably know who I am. My name is Latik Polst, welcomes to my facility." Turning to Dolph "You dad wanted me to ensure that you were protected in just such a case as this. He wanted me to get you off this planet if you were ever endangered. I have a plan to do that, but I can't promise you will ever be able to step foot back on this planet again if you go. I don't know what we are going to do about these Imperial swine invading our city. There are alot more of them then I had expected. What is you plan? Who am I kidding you have been getting shot at all day? I doubt you have had a chance to come up with one."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph smiles at the Sullustan. "You're right about one thing...Dad DID always have a plan. Or three.

"We HAVE been busy getting shot at. We managed to take out a few troopers in the process, and then made it out of town and went out to the lake house. I did some searching, came up with some credits and information, and hooked the houseservants up with some money and told them to get themselves lost until this all blows over. I don't know how determined the Imperials are, or how far they want to go to eradicate Dad and all his hard work..."

He sighs and continues. "Honestly, although I haven't developed a plan beyond getting here and off planet, I've been thinking about today for some time. I..." he falters, looking a little sheepish at everyone before continuing. "I had something of a...premonition...about what was going to happen today. I saw it all, almost down to the smallest detail. I don't know how or why. I just know that all this drek surrounding the funeral procession...I saw it happen some time ago. And I couldn't do a blasted thing to stop it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timi offers his opinion, "Sir, we are not going to be able to do any good with a few blasters and a couple backpacks full of bantha jerky. We need to get out of here and get to a place where we can figure out what we are doing and come up with a plan. I have no intention of letting the Imperials take over permanently, I have put too much of my hard work and sweat into this city and planet for that matter to let them turn it on it head, but I have to accept defeat for now."

Latik nods his head agreeing with Timi. "I hate to say it but letting you three die or be captured here will help no one. We need to." Mr. Polst is interrupted by a loud knock at the door.

A metallic speaker kind of voice comes through the door, "Mr. Polst, we have to ask you to keep this office door and window open, otherwise we are going to have to disallow your use of these facilities while this cordon is in effect. Please open then door, sir."

"Yes, of course, I am sorry about that." He yells back toward the outer door. "Quickly we must move." You hear a couple of excited beeps out of the droid at the terminal. Latik slides the heavy wooden desk toward the door and you can hear the clicking of electronic latches coming from near it. One of the metal floor tiles pull back to show a passage in the floor. "Lets go we haven't much time." he says in an excited whisper.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noting the urgency in Latik's voice, Dolph immediately jumps into action. Quietly but in a definite tone of command he says, "Alright. Move!" He puts action to words and heads to go into the hidden passageway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R4-H8 unplugs from the terminal and rolls over to Latik's side...

"Beeeooopppoooo WEEPOE!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catching the note of urgency in the droid's beeps and whistles, Dolph looks to Latik. "What's the matter? What did he say?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Does it matter? Get going!" Latik says with a bit of anxiety building in his voice. "And you, R4, go with them." He helps slide R4 down into the passage after the others and closes the cover over top and you can hear the desk being pushed back over top of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cursing silently, Dolph ducks down into the tunnel and makes sure everyone, the droid included, gets in safely. Pulling out his datapad, Dolph holds it out in front of the droid. "Can you transmit to here? I'm afraid I'm not quite fluent in astromechspeak to be able to interpret without help. Plus, that might be quieter, which means less chance of getting caught."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

R4 opens up a compartment and extends a grasper arm towards the datapad to grab it and interface with it, "Beepooeee oop."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph looks at the screen to see if a transfer of data actually occurred...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears to cycle through some of the configuration pages of your data pad and then stop after searching the frequency hopping pages. It changes back to the main data entry page and a few seconds later after the R4 has detached and buttoned back up you see, "Hello" type out on the screen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff


Joined: 07 Sep 2005
Posts: 8448

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolph smiles at the droid. "Thank you. That will make this much quicker and easier for us," he whispers. "Now, what were you trying to say back before we all got crammed down here?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 24 May 2008
Posts: 64
Location: Phoenix, Arizona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R4 starts to beep and squeal, with the translation being written on the screen: "There was others down this passageway earlier, maybe a few hours ago, and they looked like policemen with riot gear. That is all I know."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0