The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Martial Arts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Martial Arts Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my game I took the advice that the Rebel Spec Forces book gives about using the moves and creating different styles of Martial Arts. Another idea I had after reading everyone's comments was to make it like a the force powers in relation to not having a teacher. (2x the CP cost)
But I like the idea of having it be limited to raising the skill only under direct teaching. I know from my experience that holocrons (videos) would have done little to help in the instruction I got. Only by practice and proper instruction could people advance.
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren’t some holocrons interactive though?
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't Martial Arts become an advanced skill if you specify the particular form being used? Because of my limited WEG SW resources, I'm always searching the web for offical skills and stats and I recently came across something claiming WEG did make an advanced martial arts skill, requireing either 5D in just brawling or in brawling: martial arts and the advanced skill was for dealing with the specific forms used. I don't know whether it was true or not that it was an offical WEG skill, but it certainly made since to me to make it both a brawling specialization and an advanced skill focusing on particular forms.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the RoE martial arts. Heck it is what we use in sparks for our rebel spec force martial arts skill (S).... we have attack (brawl spec) and parry (brawl parry spec).... with those maneuvers split into defensive and offensive...
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think martial arts is an advanced skill. It takes a lot of practice to learn, and requires some rudimentary knowledge of fighting. I'd go ahead and add the ability to brawling and parry, but you have to use the skill to pull off kung-fu moves.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post really wasn't meant to be a discussion. Not many people that I knew had Rules of Engagemnet. So I posted the Rules that WEG came out with for Martial Arts.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussions happen. Such is life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: