The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Heavy Lifting
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Untold Stories - K21DUBIE -> Heavy Lifting Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Heavy Lifting Reply with quote

After just finishing a food run out through the Minos cluster you find your self sitting on Quocka 4, once again the day is to hot to remain outside for very long and the compounding port fees are making your attempts of getting off this rock slimer and slimer just like your credit stick, so here you sit in the local tavern the Vapor Scream which like most is a dark, smoke filled establishment that has a reputation for a cheap, Hydro-downed drinks and clientele comprised of spacers and semi-legit stock freighter crews.

After collecting a few credits for the drinks the waitress leaves for another table. As she walks away, a shabbily garbed alien navigates the crowded tables form the bar, heading straight for your table. I need a ship for two, ask no questions and I will tell no lies. as you begin to haggle for a price, The doors to the Vapor Scream slide ioens, the crowd between your table and the entrance clears away, revealing a heavily-armed Twi'lek accompanied by seven mercenaries. The Twi'lek has several vicious-looking scars and is missing one of his head-tails. The alien before you hunkers a little and mutters an oath. .Please how much for transport off this world?

This game is still open and anyone wishing to join please check the "wishing to join" thread for more information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden: "Hey man, I am not so sure we need any more trouble than we already have and you seem to be chock full of trouble. I'd estimate you have about 30 seconds to tell us a little bit more about your situation and what you want before you are going to be leaving this bar by other means. And from the looks of it I'd make that few seconds count."

As the alien looks at you he says "my situation I need to get me and another being off planet and would be willing to pay you 10,000 credits for your trouble."

Asden subtly glances around the bar his eyes locking on to the new arrivals at the door for sometime before moving on, and continues to sip his water. He begins to tap his fingers on the table nervously.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason luckily during his off time of the ship was able to get a little employment from the burly bartender of the "Vapor Scream". Although the work is not very life altering for anyone it none the less places a few credits into the pocket.

After clearing yet another mug filled liquid saturated table top, Kason takes a moment to steal a look over in the direction of his new shipmate, not quite remembering his real name of the strange insectoid alien, his nickname does stick "Spinner" , Kason lets a smile form on the corner of his lips, then lets it fade as a another figure approaches Spinner's table. Can't tell not much of this new comer. Kason continues to clear the table in hopes of keeping a low profile. As the being sits and begins to talk to Spinner. Who does not seem to alarmed at the beings prescense. The doors to the bar slide open as a group of very tough looking customers enters, all brandishing openly an assortment of weapons, the leader a Twi'leck with a missing headtail. Which may indicate his choice of work a little to Kason Bounty Hunters! the thoughts entering his mind. Kason finishes the task of clearing the table as the Dangerous group looks around searching, Kason sees the new being hunker a little as he talks with spinner.
Kason makes his way back to the bar, placing the dishes into the sink, then turns around grabbing his coat and sword. A quick nod at the bartender an Kason makes his way to the door keeping his head down. As Kason passes the group of beings, one turns to regard Kason a moment, before dismissing him off as a small harmless boy. Good underestimating me that was your first mistake. As the being turns back to looking around, Kason begins to linger behind them a little but keeping close to the tables so to not draw an unnessary attention to him self. Kason watches and waits. And posed ready to draw the trusting blade at his side.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The garbed alien mutters an oath and runs makes a run for the back of the tavern, where a small doorway marked "storeroom" is located behind te bar. Now come on F'ej," the Twi'lek calls as he and his cohorts draw wicked looking blasters. Aren't you glad to see us? Ganis would like to have a word or two with you and you new friend. A moment later, the Vapor Scream is filled with the whine of blaster fire as the newcomers begin firing away with reckless abandon. The Vapor Scream is filled with screams and movements as most if not all of the patrons begin to run for the front door. The men begin searching the crowd and gunning people down randomly. The Twi'lek spots the garbed alien, making his way to the back door.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason watches the movement of the garbed alien as he ducks to the back door. As the nasty beings open fire at the patrons, the Twi'lek notices the alien making its way to the back door of the bar. He yells there is F'ej and points at the garbed alien.
Kason sees the group of men looking in the direction pointed at. Kason moves foward sliding ducking past some of the fleeing patrons, stepping to the closest man, reaching out and grabbing the rifles barrel pushing it skyward then twisting and pushing at the beings forearm. The rifle flys into the air and lands in Kason's hands. The being now rifleless stands with his Jaw hanging open. Not wanting to waste a moment Kason steps into the mans instep and rams an open palm shot to his chin. Not waiting again Kason moves like a ghost and sends a big right backhand into the next mans throat, and then turning to send the last man crashing into a table from a uppercut. The blaster bolts open up. And drowns out the pained crys of three of the men. Kason slips in behind a panic stricken lady as two of the armed beings turns to search from where the attack has taken place, unable to determine the orginator of the attacker they turn there attention back to the garbed alien ducking through the back door.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the bar erupts into chaos, Asden dumps the bar table over in front of him and crouches down behind it fumbling through his toolbox. Once he finds his sticks he glances around the table at the mercenaries only to see two of them falling to the floor and a third take one heck of a punch to the chin and slam through a table. Slightly happier with the new odds, Asden dashes toward the rear exit and dives into the hallway as blaster bolts begin to fly. He sits up and can see the abliterated door frame as he quickly sets a blaststick on each of side of the exit door frame facing in toward the hallway and arming them while uttering "I hate blasters especially when they are pointed at me." He quickly stumbles and trips getting to his feet and finally falls out the exit. He stands up and attempts to find F'ej wishing his eyes would adjust to the insanely bright sunlight quicker as he begins to push through people on the crowded street.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinner see's F'ej raise his hand from among the crowd as you hear him say Follow me over the sounds of people moving through the street.

Kason see's the armed men move towards the back door, being cautious, the crowd you are hiding in actually pushes you through the front doors out into the street. It takes your eyes a moment to adjust, and then to your right you see Spinners head above the crowd he is 7 feet tall after all. You make your way over there.

Spinner you see Kason slide out of the crowd just as some voices are heard from the door way of the Vapor Scream, Spinner thumbs the detenator and the doorway explodes, with small pieces of the door and other foreign material fly through the air, several high pitched screams and groans can be heard from the direction of the now smoke filled doorway. F'ej looks at Spinner in almost shock, then smiles. He then motions for you all to follow.

After a few harrowing minutes (largely spent scrambling down dangerous-looking alleys) F'ej leads you into a run-down ware house.

As soon as he opens the door, he pauses, fiddling with a makeshift contraption that consists of wires, a few small pulleys and a fist-sized metal sphere. I had this set up as a trap for anyone who we don't want to talk to. he grunts deactivating the sphere - a thermal detonator. after you pass inside , he bends and resets the trap.
Okay, we're all set, let's go meet the boss he says, taking up the lead once again.

Broken window panels in the ceiling allow pillars of light to bisect the darkness and, by the look of the building, may be the only thing holding up the ceiling.

Is this the help I sent you to find, F'ej? a deep voice asks, and as you move closer you see the large form of the Hutt, sitting in the shadows, a blaster pistol clutched in his chubby hands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden bows his head slightly and says I believe we are the ones you sent for. You seem to have a desire to leave this planet and we met some other individuals that seem to want you to stay. I think we can probably come to some arrangement. Your compatriate here offered $10000 for the job earlier. This was a valid offer previously but now seeing as we have already done some "work" for you, I am going to have to ask for $15,000 and $5000 of it up front. It may be even more if you want to go really far from here.
Does that sound reasonable to you, sir?


As Asden awaits a response he glances around the warehouse briefly and pats the dirt off his clothes from the scuffle earlier.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason stands just behind Spinner, trying to hide himself behind Spinner hoping the Hutt will ignore Kason. Eyeing the newly acquried blaster rifle he decides to sling the weapon over his left shoulder. Feeling the wait of the weapon bare down on his shoulder.
Kason watches the Hutt having never seen one before but hearing some many things. Thinking to himself I wonder if they really eat children? I hope I am to big. looking at the Hutts mouth Kason decides he might be just the right size and clutches Spinner's tool belt in order to feel a little safer. He looks up at Spinner, swallowing loudly he waits for his next move.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F'ej moves to the Hutt and they speak a few words are exchanged in a foreign language to you both. As you both stand and wait. You can see the Hutt clutching the blaster pistol and waving it around as he speaks, You notice he has a large blaster burn on his tail. It appears the Hutt is wounded.
At last F'ej steps back. The Hutt hears you speak Spinner. Hey then begins a deep rumbling in his abdomen, you realize he is laughing.

You have guts coming in here and attempting to re-negotiate a deal, I am not sure what you and a boy are capable of doing but I think my chances are better with you then with out. I will agree to your demands. No more bargaining after this. the rumbling stops.

F'ej exchanges words with the Hutt again, this time the Hutt looks around nervously. Then speaks again We need transport off this world, we are heading out to space, I have the coordinates and will give them to your captain once we get to your ship. Now you will need to find me a way to get to your ship for my replusor sled was destroyed and I will need another means of travel, GO NOW SO I CAN rest..... as he drifts off into sleep.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinner turns and speaks Kason if you would, please contact Nallok and tell her we have a job and will need to get out of here soon. Make sure we are going to be ready to go in no more than an hour or two. Asden leans over an whispers to him Good work back there in the Scream by the way, but lets keep ourselves out of that kind of trouble for a while, deal? Kason listens looking down at his feet after the last part then nods and says
Yes, Mr. Spinner I will try. With that out of the way Kasson goes and contacts Nallok in a quite place of the room.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden begins to walk with F'ej away from the resting Hutt and asks "How far is the spaceport from here, I got a little disoriented dodging blaster bolts and running down alleys? If you guys want to get out of here soon we need to either get our ship here or get your wounded employer moving pretty quick. I am not going to lie to you, the longer we wait the more worried I am going to get. We are going to need that down payment we discussed."

F'ej replies "The spaceport is about 10 clicks east about 15 minutes drive. Here is the money we discussed we will provide the rest after you have met our requests."

"Thanks, and we will figure out a plan soon and get back to you on how we are going to get out of here."

Asden places the credits in his pocket and then tucks one of his blaststicks into his belt and takes a brief inventory in his toolbox to make sure he still has what he came here with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason moves over to Spinner when he done talking with Nallok. He waits for the conversation to be over and see the exchange of cash.

Spinner turns and asks Kason you got any ideas on how to move our new friends to the ship? Kason regards the question looking around the room. Kason spots the over head crane hanging from it's supports in the ceiling. Kason rubs his chin then smiles. Having an idea from I think we need to steal a truck with an cover or enclosed bed. Then we bring back here load up our new friends, points to the crane up above, then hottail it to the space port and get the heck off this rock. proud of himself, and awaiting the pats on the back, Kason waits for any replies.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F'ej looks around at looks at the lumbering hut. He then turns to Kason, nodding his approval. I must go with you to make sure the transport you choice is acceptable for my master. I am ready when you are. He stands with his hands crossed behind his back. Waiting the parties next move.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden begins to walk toward the entry way they entered from with F'ej and Kason.

Sounds like a good plan to me. Lets get moving. F'ej any ideas the best place to try to find a vehicle? We don't have alot of time to make this happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Untold Stories - K21DUBIE All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0