The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Heavy Lifting
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Untold Stories - K21DUBIE -> Heavy Lifting Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F'ej nods We will move away from here and move to the other side of the warehousing section and I think we may find something there.

After spending an hour looking, you finally find a suitable repulsor-truck. It's large enough, can carry the weight of a wounded Hutt and the cargo bay is covered with a cloth covering. The only thing left to do is jump into it quick and hot-wire it before the owner comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden signals to Kason to hop in the bed, and says "keep an eye out and be ready for trouble. F'ej you get in the cab with me."

Kason turns and walks to the back of the truck looking around, not seeing anything that will catch his eye. He grabs the back of the tailgate and easily host his entire body wait legs and all over the tailgate landing in the rear of the truck with barely a patter of his shoes on a metal surface. Kason scans the bed of the truck, seeing it is completly clear. Kason smiles, thinking to himself [color=violet]This will do well. Big enough even for a hutt.
Kason grabs a bench that runs the inside of the truck and sits holding on to a brace that holds the canopy on. Watching out the rear of the truck as instructed. Kason unslings the rifle and lays it across his lap, in order to have it ready at any signs of trouble.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden climbs into the cab of the truck as inconspicuously as possible. He takes a look around to make sure no one is watching intently and then gets to work on the ignition. After a minute or so the truck comes to life and all the gauges swing up. "Looks like we are in business." Asden begins to drive back to the warehouse at a normal pace trying to draw as little attention as possible and trying not to act nervous (something he does very poorly).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the repulsor-truck speeds along, F'ej, keeps playing with the audio-link trying to find music he likes. Several annoying minutes of channel changin occurs before he finally settles for Huttese libretto. After finding music he enjoys, he begins opening access panels and storage compartments, looking for anything of value. After playing with several small compartments near the control board he turns his attention to the cloth cover hanging on the back of the cab wall. As he pushes it aside, the cab is filled with a deafening roar- the bellow of an extremely upset Wookie. rooohu aoohoo ahscrhwooaahanwoc!

Kason you sit in the back feeling the nice cool wind blowing through the rear canopy, you look of to the sky a moment thinking there may be rain later. You hear a F'ej flipping through the audio link, finally settling on some kind of station, a minute or two passes, and you see behind the truck a few vehicles back he is a rough looking customer astride a swoop, you think nothing of it but as the truck makes turns the rider mimics the trucks route, you notice he raises a comlink to his mouth and speaks into it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Startled by the sudden extreme noise Asden instinctively slams on the brakes while veering to the shoulder of the road. As soon as the vehicle comes to a complete stop, Asden glances back toward the creature to see what is going on. "What in the world is that?" he exclaims while throwing the door open and jumping out onto the sidewalk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason moves to the vehicles compartment wall and is about to pound on the wall to get Spinners attention, when the vehicle lunges foward, Kason barely has time to brace him self for the sudden stop.

Kason moves to the rear of the canopy and peeks out, looking out and to the front seeing Spinner standing on the sidewalk. Some kind of animal noises bellowing from the cab of the replsor- truck.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

F'ej attempts to scramble out after Spinner and is grabbed up by the large Hairy humanoid. Which is taking the time to let F'ej know what he thinks ohacraao ahwh aoacwo acwoanan rooohu aoacahwhor rooohurc waooahwhrr? coo rooohu ohrawhao aooo caoworaan scro aorchuoaor, rrahhowo scwo oowhwo rcworacoowh ohacro ah cacoohuanwa whooao rhrcworaor rooohurc whwooaor? F'ej seems paralyzed in fear, hanging out the door as the Wookie's arms wrapped around his waist holding him just above the sidewalk.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason watches the swoop pass by before jumping out on to the sidewalk. Holding the new rifle, Kason moves foward quickly to stand by Spinner. He wants to know why he should not kill F'ej? Kason, glances up quickly, then resumes looking back down at his feet. Thumbing the safety off of his rifle. The rifle pointing down Kason shifts the rifle to his left hand as if the weapon's weight is to much. Kason lets his eyes focus on a part of the wookie but never raising his head from the down postion. Slowing his breathing, and watching.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kason if you know what he is saying then talk to him or do something, otherwise it might be time to get the heck out of here." Asden begins slowly creeping further onto the sidewalk and away from the drivers door waiting for Kason to work some magic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason nods at Spinner then turns to F'ej and the Wookie. Please kind being we did not mean to cause trouble perhaps you could let us use your truck for a little bit we have something we need to move and the bed of your truck would be perfect. Kason looks up at the Wookie and keeps good eye contact. Please help us and ends with a smile.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wookie looks down at Kason regarding his words and pondering the thought, F'ej pipes in adding the last as an after thought THere is some cash in it for you. This last comments just helps the wookie come to a decsion.

The wookie 1500 oarcwowaahaoc ahc scro akrcahoawo rawhwa rooohu acrahowo ra aorchuoaor.

Kason translates He wants 1500. F'ej nods his approval. You each return to the truck and make your way to the warehouse.

At this point time is of importance. You both are sure that you have been spotted at this point and need to move quickly. F'ej helps by telling the Hutt what happened and the Hutt becomes agitated yelling Hutt obscentities.

All that need to be done now is loading the Hutt and getting to the ship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden will help the Hutt into the rear of the repulsor truck (if by crane if necessary). As soon as he is loaded up he will ensure Kason is in the aft compartment ready with his blaster to cover the run to the spaceport. "Nallok confirm we will be ready to go in ten minutes? He has some hot cargo that will be ready to go asap." Asden says over the comlink. "Lets get rolling we don't have much time." He will pull away and begin driving slightly faster than normal but not suspiciously toward the starport.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nallok answers I am glad you called Spinner there is a lot of bounty hunters fishing around, I have everything ready to go and the ramp is down and waiting. See you soon.Well lifting the Hutt with the loading crane. However you need to find the power control-box. This proves to be a difficult task. And F'ej is the one that locates the power box. Unfortunately the box has no power. This proves to be a moderate task for Spinner. After several minutes power is restored.

The Hutt is unable to move under his own power due to some severe injuries, however the crane is able to handle the load. The first step is to buckle the Hutt in to the crane, Then Spinner using the crane controls attempts to lift the Hutt, this is an easy task as the Hutt is lifted into the air, now Asden moves the controls and the Hutt swings over to the bed of the truck which Burtiin (Wookie) has removed the canopy top. In the process of the Hutt swinging a little to hard, the Hutt slams into the opposite wall, Screamming in pain, as Asden attempts to gain control the Hutt swings back and fourth like a giant pocket watch on a string. Slamming two more times into the walls before Asden finally gets the control of the swinging the Hutt screaming Huttese obscenities the entire time.

As the corpulent Hutt swings several meters above the floor of the ware house, you can hear the lift's frame groaning under the weight of its load. Suddenly, an explosion rocks the building, causing panels and dust striking him on the shoulder, dazing him.

It's my thermal detonator trap, F'ej yells. They're coming! Hurry!!!

F'ej runs over to the crane controls and slams the "drop line" button, spilling the Hutt into the cargo area. It seems the merecenaries are stunned a moment allowing everyone to jump into the Replsor-truck Burtiin jumps into the drivers seat, F'ej jumps in the back with Kason and the Hutt.

As the rupulsor-truck hums to life, you can see the Twi'lek emerge from the access hall with a long, tubular weapon.
He's got a missile launcher, The Hutt screams in horror as the Twi'lek raises the weapon, pointing it directly at the back of the truck. Apparently, the reward for Nawnam no longer specifically requires a live captive.

The repulsor-truck bucks as it roars out of the warehouse, a small bullet-shaped projectile closing in on the cargo compartment. Kason raises his rifle in an attempt to get a shot off, At the last possible instant the truck swerves sharply to the left, throwing all the passengers against the side of the vehicle as the missle slams into a nearby wall, spraying fire, shrapnel and debris outwards in a stinging hail. From the smoke filled street behind you emerges six swoops giving chase.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason recovers from the turn and bracing him self so as to prepare for the coming battle. Everything seems to slow and everything that is not part of the battle blurs out, Kason brings his rifle to his shoulder looking down the sights. The lead swoop comes into view, the crosshairs move across the riders chest, Kason finds it hard to hold this postion and tries to concentrate harder on the shot and in the process almost misses Spinners voice over the comlink, something about keeping his head down for a moment. This snaps Kason out of his trance and he quickly gets behind the gate of the truck, he turns to F'ej and the Hutt Ummm you guys might want to brace your self. Kason covers his head with his free arm. Preparing for what ever is coming.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden leans himself partially out of the passenger door placing the explosives down as close to the center of the road as possible. One after the other to make sure no leakers get through. He slams the door closed after placing them. "Step on it, this is about to get crazy." Asden says to the wookie. He watches in the mirror for the swoops to turn the slight bend in the road and get to the approximate location of the dropped blaststicks. He raises the detonator in one hand and slams his other palm down on the top of it starting the sequence.

As the first explosive fires it fills the street with shrapnel and a massive shockwave. With the narrow streets and high walls the blast blows out windows and doors and send dust everywhere. Asden watches further back for the assessment of the swoops to see if they continue through or if he can make out burning swoop parts exiting the blast. As several swoops parts explode forward the lead rider ducks lower and steps on it passing by the trap.

"Nallok, it's Spinner start the engines we are going to have to leave even faster than we had thought, we are being trailed." "Kason how do things look back there? Everyone ok, except the bounty hunters, of course?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Untold Stories - K21DUBIE All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0