The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Heavy Lifting
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Untold Stories - K21DUBIE -> Heavy Lifting Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A single swoop emerges from the explosion, dirt and debri cover the swoop and rider. He looks back, to see the devestatation caused by the explosion. As he begins to turn around, the turck passes through a busy intersection. Burtiin slamming down on acclerator and whizzing through oncoming traffic, he even turns onto the walkways, the rider tries to mimic the move but ends up slamming in to a parked recycler truck with a loud crash.

Asden's comlink goes off and Nallok calls Everything is ready to go just get in here, the way is clear, and the cargo door is open.
Kason responds Wow!!!! that was awesome looking around you see F'ej and the Hutt are a little shaken but seem uninjured.
Burtiin continues to drive like a manic skimming through busy intersections and weaving in and out of traffic. In moments the spaceport comes into view. Burtiin turns the truck down an acess road to the spaceport prefering to use the truckers entrance to the massive facility. You pass workers walking along the walkways staring at you all as you pass. Burtiin avoids hitting anyone, but comes close a few times honking the horn and screaming Wookie obscenities waving his arm out the window. Asden see's the landing pad in few and points to the location. Asden is not sure if Burtiin see's it, at the last moment he wrenches the steering control and the vehicle responds by slamming all the riders to the right side of the cab and bed, the repulsor coil scraps the ground sending a large amount of sparks flowing behind like a wake of a passing boat. He slams the brakes and pulls at the controls again causing the truck to complete a 180 degree slide bring the vehicle's tailgate to rest at the base of the ramp, the engine sputters from the excertion coughs and then returns to normal.

Nallok quickly appears she moves down and opens the gate, seeing the Hutt, I will have a lot of questions later but for now lets get him in the ship.

It takes to minutes to get the giant Hutt into the cargo bay. Once again with the help from Burtiin he releases the bed and the Hutt flops to the deck of the ship. Kason, F'ej, and Asden spend a moment with the protesting of the Hutt strapping him in. Nallok can be heard asking for clearance.

The ship begins lift off, and she powers the engines. the old Ghtroc freighter lunges to the stars. The ship weaves it is way to the upper atamosphere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden gives final push to get the Hutt into the ship. He takes a knee and then rolls over to sit on the floor leaning up against the interior wall. "Man, I have got to find a less exciting job," Asden says to Kason still a bit shaken up.

Asden asks the Hutt "Sir, you look like you have had a rough day where are you hurt? And if you don't mind, is there a name we can call you by?"

As Asden collects the medpack and begins patching up the Hutt, F'ej watches closely in an almost annoying over the shoulder type of way. Asden doesn't realize how close F'ej is when he asks in a voice loud enough to be heard across the room, "By the way F'ej, how out we discuss where exactly we are trying to go." "Oh sorry," Asden says immediately upon realizing he is practically yelling into F'ej ear. As Asden finishes his work the Hutt seems to relax a little, feeling a much better but still not great and is kind enough to finally offer a word of thanks.

Asden slowly stands up, "No problem, sir. Get some rest and I will check on you again later." Asden begins walking slowly to the cockpit steadying himself with a hand on the corridor wall the entire trip.

"Nallok," he says as he take a seat in the rear of the cockpit, "Here is your $2000 of the up front money. I am not sure where we are going yet, but it better be far away from that planet. I convinced him to pay us 5 grand up front and another 10 when we arrive at the destination." Asden hands her the $2000 as her share as the captain and hands 1500 to Kason when he see him again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden gives final push to get the Hutt into the ship. He takes a knee and then rolls over to sit on the floor leaning up against the interior wall. "Man, I have got to find a less exciting job," Asden says to Kason still a bit shaken up. Kason pats Spinner on the shoulder as he passes him giving him a little smile, I know what you mean and I am just a kid, am I suppose to be working yet. I should be in school chasing girls or playing shockball or something. he thinks to him self. Kason heads forward and has an urge to head to the gun turrent, moving switches and placing the weapon in standby with a professional skill. Where do I learn these strange skills? thinking to himself again. Kason straps in and awaits for the journey to Hyperspace, only then does he allow him self to relax.[/i]
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nallok takes the credits form Spinner giving him a nice smile, she turns back to navigating the upper atmosphere as she skimms rather closely to an incoming frieghter It appears are passenger is worth a little cash she reaches over and punches a display screen and an image of a Hutt appears (see image "Bounty Listing) she turns her attention back to flying as the blackness of space begins to fill the foward viewscreen.

Just as the vessel exits the atmosphere the coms beep Nallok activates the comm If you want to live and triple the money that Nawnam was going to pay you then you should return to the planet, but if you prefer to be transformed into small chunks of debris filtering back into the planet's atmosphere, then by all means keep flying.

Nallok hands fly over the controls and she announces We got 4 incoming fighters flyind to intercept and another freighter moving in as well. I can out run the freighter but not the fighters, I need about 30 seconds to make the jump to light speed. What do you want me to do?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nallok I have an idea. I want you to contact the fighters and tell them to standby, we are slowing down. I want you to keep working on that hyperspace jump and get it ready to go. If I am not back in 2 minutes with a decision to jump then tell the fighters we will cooperate and return with them to take the Ganis bounty. I will be right back."

Asden jumps from his seat and starts yelling for F'ej and the Hutt. As he runs around the ship to the customers/prisoners he will screech to a stop in front of them. "Ok, we have had a slight change of plans, either you need to offer us 150,000 credits for your safety or we are going to have to hand you over to the Ganis Traders who have a very significant bounty out for you. We are surrounded by their fighters and you have about 15 seconds to give me an answer."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The large form of the Hutt sitting in the ample cargo bay. F'ej standing off to the side, both turn to look at Asden as you enter the bay. You screech to a stop in front of them Ok, we have had a slight change of plans, either you need to offer us 150,000 credits for your safety or we are going to have to hand you over to the Ganis Traders who have a very significant bounty out for you. We are surrounded by their fighters and you have about 15 seconds to give me an answer. The Hutts eyes expand to even larger size. He lets the words sink in a moment. Then a deep rumbling sound can be heard from his belly as he laughs then speaks Fools do you think that Ganis is going to let you live, you know that Hutts do not take to backstabbing even if they are not the ones getting stabbed. Once you turn us over he will kill you after all we are Hutts. So please jump to hyperspace before they open fire and destroy us all!!! starts to laugh again.

Kason sits in the turrent watching the moving specks get larger and larger there speed does not seem to be slowing down. Nallok comms Kason stand by they are going to hold there fire. as the last of the words leave Nalloks mouth the ship is rocked as a fighter screams by your gun turrent, you recognize it as a z-95 head hunter, one of the enemy fighters.

Every one is thrown around as the ship takes a hit. No one is injured. The ship's comm crackle Man the turrents we just lost are hyperdrive. We need to hold them off while we repair the hyperdrives.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason watches as the fighter flys by the port side of the ship, quickly powering the turrent and bringing the guns around. Kason depresses the firing buttons and watches as he fires off a salvo. The fighter not expecting an attack so quickly dodges at the last moment, the heat of the shots causing some minor carbon scoring. Kason quickly readjustes and prepares another shot. The turrnet mic squawks Kason, Nallok here in the bottom turrent. I hope your good with that, remember there is a dead spot aft by the engines.Roger that, how long till we reach Hyperspace? comes Kason reply Not sure Asden will let us know but we need to hold them off and give him time to repair the hyper drive. Shields are holding at max. So that will buy us some time. Kason watches as the fighter rejoins the other 4 fighters and they pair up in groups of two, one fighter staying back and flying escort for the frieghter. Kason adjusts the controls and begins to track the lead fighter, keying the comm Targeting the lead fighter, lets work together when we can. keying off the internal mic. Affrimitave comes Nallok's reply, she sounds as if she is really focusing on the task coming Kason thinking to himself he allows a small smile to form at the corners of his lips, then looks down the sights waiting for the fighter to come in range. I have you this time!!!
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden climbs down the engine compartment hatch into the small corridor. As he looks toward the hyperdrive section he can see some sparks spitting out every few seconds and wires hanging down out of place and fried. As he shuffles down into a place where he can begin work he starts to disentangle the wires and finds a fried link relay power transformer. "I hate to be the bearer of bad news but can you guys hold these guys off for another 5-10 minutes because that is what is may take? I am going to have to jury rig some things but I am going as fast as I can."

Asden immediately starts the repair focusing intently and ignoring the blaster fire in the background. He attempts to bypass the failed parts and give the hyperdrive just enough juice to get the ship far enough away to be able to make some real repairs. Asden talks to himself, "please work, please work."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason continues to track the leader fighter waiting for the range indicate to inform him they are in short range, the ping of the tracking computer informs Kason they are with in the desired range. Kason presses the triggers and a several bolts fly out striking the lead fighter in the cockpit canopy, the explodes in a satisfying display of fireworks. Kason holds back the yell of victory knowing the battle is not over yet. The second fighter flys over the ship. Kason hears Nalloks turrrent let lose and she does take the time to yell in victory of the ships mic.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second pair of fighters at space of 4 just out of short range, open fire scoring one hit, the shields shudder but hold on with no additional damage, the four ships close the distance. And prepare for there next attack run. The freighter moves in and closes the distance to 5 space. Kason now getting a good look at it, you realize it is a space yacht and is about 160 meters long. It is a sparkling jewel in the darkness of space. It seems to be lightly armed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason tracks the next lead ship coming in. Letting lose with several salvos in front of the fighters, the leader fighter flies into the ship's bolts and takes several shots along the front of the vessel, causing sparks and pieces of the ship to explode off. The fighter breaks off it's attack run, and makes a bee line for the large freighter looming in the distance. Kason qucikly changes targets to the second fighter and opens up the cannons again in hopes to get a lucky shot, the pilot easily dodges and continues across the ship and into Kason's blind spot. Nallok get him!!!! Kason diverts his attention to the next closest target.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nallok opens with her own volley put comes up just shy of hitting the vessel as it slips and rolls to avoid the ship's cannon fire Kason hears Nallok This guy is good. The Hutt is barking orders from the cargo bay You idiots why aren't you jumping to hyperspace it is are only chance for survival!!! Fools.

Kason you see the friegter turning to face you sideways. Giving you a nice view of its length it is about 8 space away. The fighter that was flying escort as linked up with the last remaing fighter, and the one wounded fighter flys into the frieghters belly, disappearing from you sight.

The ships com chirps and Nallock opens the channel remotely from her turrent This is you last chance in a moment I will bring my ships weapons to bear on your tiny vessel and we will end this game. Power down your weapons and shields and stop your puny vessels movement or be destroyed. The two remaining fighter begin flying towards your vessel again only this time they slow there speed and do not fire as the come in. They begin to close the distance much slower this time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 30 May 2007
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason keys the turrent mic. Nallok, tell them we will surrender. Then power down the shields, transfer the power to the engines we are going to make a run for it. Wait till I fire the cannons then punch it. closing the turrent mic Kason reaches to his comlink Spinner, I hope you can get the hyperdrive in the next couple of seconds. The frieghter is going to open fire and we are not going to last long against it, we are going to make a full powered run so I hope your almost done. with that Kason slows his breathing and allows the two fighters to become the center of his attention, preparing to fire the cannons. As the two fighters get closer Kason waits for that familiar range sensor to give it's welcoming sound. Fingers posed over the fireing mechanism.
_________________
Kyledon Mystic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 237

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nallok undoes here restraining harness and jumps the short distance to the ship's deck, she then runs to the cockpit I hope this works. If this kid is wrong then I guess it won't matter because that captial ship will blast us a part Nallok turns to the cockpit and bounds in landing in her seat, hands floating across the controls, the generators powering the shields cease there humming as the shields power down. Nallok begins to divert remaining power to the engines. I hope Asden is almost down she thinks to her self. For good measure she keys the mic Asden, here we go!!! With that she holds one finger over the final transfer button and her other hand is throttling down the engines in hopes that the capital ship will think that they are slowing. She waits for Kason to fire.

<<CUTSCENE>>
A large ornate room, the lights are low to accomadete the comfort level of the Hutt in here. A single alien being who's head is shaped like a starfish. enters the room and immediately bows to one knee. In almost a whisper Oh great one, the ship's shields are lowering and she is dropping her speed. The Hutt smiles Excellent, inform the pilots that as soon as the have a clear shot to fire and disable the ship's power core. Let us finish this petty squabble and capture the prize. Inform Gar to be ready to board here in the next few minutes the kneeling being nods and quickly stands up and with out turning around walks backwards from the room.
<<FADE FROM VIEW>>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only need a little longer. I will call when ready, so program the course in the astrogation computer and get ready to punch it. As soon as I call juice the hyperdrive and we will get out of here, just give me a few more seconds. Asden continues to transfer the wires around the burnt out components and jury rigging a new power converter into the series. We will see how this turns out soon enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Untold Stories - K21DUBIE All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0