The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Lanfear
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Lanfear
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Lanfear Reply with quote

ok... this is a character that i played a few years back. at the time i was having trouble coming up with a char. concept, then it just popped into my head to play a char. that uses the force but is neither jedi nor sith (prolly been done before but i had never really looked into the idea before then) and this is the char i came up with...

Name: Lanfear
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 75 kg
Race: Human
Character Type:

DEXTERITY 3D+1
Dodge 4D+1
Lightsaber 5D
0-G movement 3D+2

KNOWLEDGE 3D+1
Scholar 4D+1
Willpower 4D+1

MECHANICAL 2D
Repulsorlift Operation 3D+1
Starship Piloting 2D+1 (Gilacliva Piloting 3D+1)
Starship Gunnery 2D+1
Starship Shields 2D+1

PERCEPTION 3D+1
Hide 5D+1

STRENGTH 3D

TECHNICAL 2D
Computer Programming/Repair 2D+2
Lightsaber Construction/Repair 2D+2
Repulsorlift Repair 2D+2

Special Abilities:
Control: 3D Sense: 3D+1 Alter: 3D

Control: Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Hibernation Trance,
Resist Stun
Sense: Life Detection,Life Sense, Magnify Senses, Receptive Telepathy, Sense Force
Control & Sense: Lightsaber Combat

This character is Force-sensitive.
Character Points:
Force Points: 1
Darkside Points: 3
Move: 10
Equipment: Magnetic Tow cable (character), Data pad with gilacliva specs. and old codes, 2x lightsaber crystals (purple Blade), 1x palm sized lightsaber crystal Shocked and unspecified number of holocrons

Note: the crystals and the holocrons came from the same place, my group got stuck in the arcolas expanse (not sure if its real or if GM made it up) there was this BIG crystal ship that was emanating the dark side me being me i went and had a look while everyone else went to do other stuff, inside i encounted a dark force spirit, "killed" him and had a look around the ship, finding walls appon walls of holocrons which held the knowledge of a dead race. after a while i realized i could operate and manipulate the ship. so i made 3 lightsaber crystals (1 has been used) and a palm sized one as a control device for the ship, before leaving the ship i took a number of the holocrons with me but i have no idea whats on them ATM nor the exact number that i took.

i hope that made sense Razz just thought id explain where i got the crystals and holocrons from.

if people are interested ill post up what ive got of her character background (which has turned more into a fanfic Razz )
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just thought id post up what i have of her background story (more of a fanfic tho), the last part might explain some of the philosophy she follows and why she has 3 darkside point.....

Home planet: Coruscant
Hietght: 5’11”
Eyes: Green/dark-side?

Description: Lanfear is a tall lithe woman with long black hair. She wears loose fitting cloths similar to jedi robes (that are obviously not jedi robes). She is a physically fit toned woman. Her only visible weapons are a blaster pistol and a vibro knife, but her true weapon is attached to a spring loaded wrist attachment concealed in her sleeve, that with a flick of the wrist dispenses her lightsaber right into her well trained hand. The blade of her light saber is violet in color.

History:

As a young girl lanfear grew up in the hustle and bustle of the city planet of Coruscant, her family wasn’t very well off but had a roof over their heads, loving and together.

She was very intelligent and perceptive for her age and liked to read and study past and present events.

As she grew into her majority she was a passionate young woman and also very pretty.

When she turned 16 she was due to marry a merchants son who she did not love nor respect for he did not respect women as did her father.

After a meeting with her future husband she seething with rage and not wanting to worry or take her anger back to her family she went, blinded by her anger and a need to move, to one of the popular libraries. As she entered the library she passed a man that suddenly looked up, straight at her, with a frown on his face. Not liking the way that he looked at her, she glared the man down and kept walking to one of the less frequented parts of the library.

30 minutes later, after cooling her temper with a calming technique she had taught herself, she realized she was being watched. Looking around she saw the man that had frowned at her earlier. This made her curious as not many people came into this section and those that did were regulars to the library and she knew most if not all of them but she has never seen this man before.

As she was about to turn back to her reading and ignore the man she noticed that he WAS watching her. Glaring at the man “who are you and what so you want?” she demanded.
“Who are you to be sitting there with that power coursing through you?” he replied looking straight at her now.

Stunned “what?” is all she could manage
“I asked, “Who are you to be sitting there with that power coursing through you?” ”, replacing the book he had been “reading” he walked over to her table and pulled up a chair to sit down. “What do you mean by that?” lanfear asked him

“Why do you think no-one else is in this section… hmm?”
“Cause not many come to this section, obviously!” lanfear retorted
“And out of ALL the people coming into the library I noticed YOU?” the man asked.
“Cause you’re a kooky old man who likes younger women!” snapped lanfear

Laughing out loud the man quickly caught himself and quieted his laughter with a smile, “no, its all because of the power you wielded with your passion, as you entered you were radiating a palpable aura because you were so angry and that’s why no-one else is in this section except you and I, and just now you have been using a force ability to calm your self and “concentrate” on your book there”.
Closing her book she looked dubiously at the man she said “Sorry old man but I don’t have or use the force, now I had be better getting home or my family will start wondering where I’ve gotten to”, putting her book back where it belonged on the shelves she left the man and the library and headed home.

The next morning as lanfear was out doing the shopping she was startled out of her wits by a voice from behind, “they will come for you eventually!” spinning around, there standing at a corner, which was empty moments ago as she passed it, eating an apple was the man from the library. “Who will?” she asked dubiously. “The Jedi order obviously” he replied. Rolling her eyes “And why would they want to do that?” looking straight into her eyes “Why else? You can use the force!”, exasperated with the old fool, she retorted “And so what IF I can? What does that have to do with you?” Smiling, “Why I can use it too!” Taking a juicy bite from the apple. “So you’re a Jedi then?” lanfear asked inquisitively. Still smiling “Not per say, I follow a slightly different code to what they do”. At this lanfear though she understood what he meant, a dark-sider, and started to back away from the man.

As though reading her mind (which he probably was) his face turned into an even more amused expression. “No, no dear one, you’ve got it all wrong. I’m not a dark-sider, I’m neither Jedi nor sith, as they are called, I walk an even more interesting path. I walk the path between both their worlds, where the Jedi look to the past and try to rule their emotions, I seek to harmonize myse with mine, and where the sith look to their own future and power, through their “rulership” of the force, I seek to live in the now and balance myself with the force and the force within myself.

thats all ive got for now..... in my head i get to the last part and then the scene just pauses..... stupid writers block Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: