The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Thractin Campaign -- In Character Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Thractin Campaign - Alcon -> The Thractin Campaign -- In Character Thread Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: The Thractin Campaign -- In Character Thread Reply with quote

The Gornt's Head bar is a fair sized and well patronized establishment on the outter edge of the north west quarter of Telan. It is a squat rectangular building with a single floor, around fifteen meters in length and ten meters in width. From the outside the dingy brown brick masonry does little to differentiate it from the apartment buildings that surround it. There are no windows and an unlit neon sign over the battered plasteel door reads only: Gornt's Head.

Inside the bar is fairly dim and filled with smoke, but one can still make out the entirety of the establishment from the door. The hard, smooth plasteel floor is sticky with ages worth of spilled beverages. Spaced about the room are a number of round tables, each about two meters in diameter. The tables are surrounded by short and squat stools.

Standing out a little from the north wall of the building is a long bar, which runs about three meters short of the full fifteen meter length of the building. On one side of it are a number of tall stools. And on the other stands the lone patron of the establishment, a gruff looking and sour faced old man.

The old man has a large bald spot atop of round head. A half ring of thin grey hair surrounds it. His round face would be boyish were it not wrinkled with age, covered in unshaved grey scruff that falls well short of being a beard, and constantly wearing a frown. His body is plump and heavy, and it would seem to the passing eye that he partakes quite often of his own stock given the look of his gut. His red cheeks would seem to confirm that he does so even during the business hours of his establishment.

Behind him, flush with the wall and running the same length as the bar, is a long row of cabinets. From a position near the door all that can be seen is the top row, and the meter split down to the top of what is presumably the bottom row. The shelf formed by the split between the two cabinets is filled with a mess of bottles not organized in any particular fashion, containing just about every form of liquor imaginable. Including a number of varieties commonly known to be illegal in the Empire.

Two doors are in the north wall beyond the east end of the cabinets. They are labeled simply "M" and "F". All along the east wall, starting about level with the end of the bar, are booths. There are four of them in all. Two benches and a table that stick out two meters from the wall into the room. Each booth is around two meters wide.

There are few customers present in the bar right now. It is the middle of the day, and for reasons unknown it seems to be a slow day. There are one or two beings sitting on the stools at the bar and a few scattered about the tables and booths. A passing glance at them reveals they all have an unsavory look about them. Those at the bar are having a whispered conversation with the patron, and the rest merely scowl at their drinks or at the walls.

[[OOC -- Make your entrances. If you wish to start out already in the bar, describe where you are and what you're up to.]]

Map: Gornt's Head

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
obidancer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue and Damor enter the Gornt's Head. It takes a second for her eyes to adjust to the dimmer light, but she decides to keep her red colored sunglasses on. She has learned at a young age to remain discreet, and knows people are harder to describe when the have sunglasses on; and she just likes wearing them as well.
I've been told this is the place to look if you want hire someone, few questions asked, Boss. She says to Damor.
She scans the area for a quick second, to realize the patrons weren't that many.
I might be wrong..., she adds, a bit disappointed by the slowness of the day.
Why don't you grab a booth while I check the Lady's. I won't be long.
Without waiting for an approval, Rogue makes her way to the door with the "F" written on it. Not that she has any particular business to do there, but she always make sure she has a way out, other than the main entrance. It also forces her to cross the entire room and get a better look at the patrons already there. She gives a short smile at the bartender, and continues her way.
She opens the door looking for a window or exit of some sort, sadly missing in the main room.
Once the reckon finished, she returns to whatever booth Damor picked and continue their conversation.
Hov is joining us here, right?
Orpheus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hov enters the Gornt's Head and nervously scans the place looking for his comrades. Upon recognizing Rogue and Damor, Hov tosses a two-fingered wave while making his way to the bar. After specifically requesting something akin to this world's version of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster he makes his way to the booth occupied by his shipmates.
First, let me start off by saying that this place is a potential goldmine, and now that I have bearings and know how the locals think I'm set to get paid. Don't give me that look, you don't even know what I'm about to say. There I was staring at the finest looking Sabbac hand ever. I mean I've won terraforming farms and the farmer's daughter with less hands. So I bet that hunk of junk that we arrived in. I mean seriously, I called with what was essentialy a useless asset compared to what was already in the pot...and then I lost.
Hov downs another shot of his beverage and places the bottle in the middle for the others to partake in the hopes that a quick round of heavy drinking might provide a brainstorming session. Then he begins to speak, but this time just a little bit slurred.
I mean when life hands you mynocks you make a really cool pair of shoes that can short out a datapad am I right? Hey don't look at me like that!
obidancer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue remains voiceless for a moment, Hov's words slowly trying to make some senses in her brain.
Though she rarely drinks, Rogue can't help but pour herself a glass of what the soon-to-be dead gambler brought back at the table.
Boy this is strong! She feels like she's swallowing a blaster shot. Unless it's what Hov just said...
You're joking, right? 'cause that's not funny. That's all we have here, don't make jokes like this!
She gives a look at Damor, to check his reaction. After all, she doesn't remember seeing an Ithorian burst in rage. If Hov is serious, someone's gonna get hurt! Looking back at Hov she awaits anxiously the moment he's going to laugh and admit his joke.
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bartender returns Rogue's smile with a simple glower and then returns to his work, which at the moment appears to be the drinking of a large glass of some sort.

The girl's room is a simple one stall, measuring about two meters by two meters. One sink, one toilet, and that's all folks. It's made of the same material as the rest of the building, and there are neither doors nor windows save the one which leads back into the main portion of the Gornt's Head. The room is empty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brek sits at the bar, his back to the door, nursing a Bidziil. Things have been slow lately here on Telan, and he was having mixed feelings on that point... It was good time to sort things out... but on the other hand, it left him time to think about things to sort them out. Gornt's seemed like the best place to escape the time, so he'd moved in and taken up residence early in the day. He'd been drinking, but just enough to keep him from thinking too much. With not much going on, he hadn't had many money making opportunities and was beginning to run low.

The excitement at the booth near the washrooms was getting animated enough to pierce his revelry and he turned slightly to get a glimpse of those at its heart.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: Are we a pre-formed group/what are we doing here... i might have missed that Wink

Plakhtor sits at a booth in the corner, his back to the wall so he can see the whole bar. He prefer to stay in the shadows, and those who do actually notice him in the corner, have to take a few glances to confirm that he is actually there. He makes sure to give a hard stare to anyone looking at him for too long, as he prefers to remain anonymous.

He nurses a glass of water, which he payed extra for so the bartender would not care that he was simply drinking water. He watches the events unfold in the bar silently from the corner.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
ooc: Are we a pre-formed group/what are we doing here... i might have missed that Wink

See the first post on pg 7 of the OOC thread

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Orpheus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hov gives Rogue a long, hard look.
Look sunshine, I never joke about losing. It hurts me deep down, especially when the odds were in my favor. Now I recommend that we all share a drink, put our heads together, and figure out a new plan of action. Bottom's up!
Hov takes a quick drink of the mind-bending liquor in the bottle upon the table, and begins to play with the ring on his right hand which usually shows his nervousness or a sign of deep thought.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plakhtor shakes his head at his companions idea of starting to find a solution. The thought that Alcohol would be able to help you think... it just makes no sense.

Plakhtor stays silent, no emotion can be read from his face as he continues to scan the bar, ever vigilant for signs of trouble, and eaves droppers.

ooc: Search if required... (8D+2)

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plakhtor looks subtly around for a bit then whispers to the group "A guy at the bar is taking note of our conversation, we may either want to go see if he is the solution to our problem, or keep your voices down so its not so easy for him to listen in. Looks like he has had military training."

Orpheus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hov leans in the other two members of the party and whispers,
Look, I screwed up and it's going to take a little bit of effort to get us back on our feet...hey that guy does look kind of like someone with military experience. I've played with more than my fair share. Always confident, but horrible sabbac players. We could use someone with a little more muscle than what we have here at the table. No offense.
obidancer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue took another shot of the alcohol that was sitting on the table.n Definately not her kind, but today she needed it. She frowned, she really didn't like it.
You're right! We should hire someone to protect your cute little bum 'cause one of us may get the idea to kill you!! Do you know how much money we need to make if we want to get another ship? And you want to spend what little we have left on someone else? This is ridi...
She stopped for a second, visibly still annoyed by Hov's announcement.
Whatever. Maybe we do need some more muscle. Damor, it's your call. We need to decide how we're gonna make a living now that we're stranded here. She gave Hov an evil look. Maybe that new guy can be useful after all.
Rogue didn't add anything else. She was looking blankly at her empty glass, apparently thinking hard.
Orpheus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hov shakes his head in approval.
This may be the Wazmaati talkin', but I'm all for setting up shop around here in the "odd jobs" department if you know what I mean. A guy like that who happens to be on a first-name basis with various types of blasters would definitely do us some good. So now the question is, who's gonna do the talkin' with this fellow. As good lookin' as I may be, I don't think that I'm his type.
Hov glares knowingly at Rogue.
obidancer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogue glanced back at Hov without reaction. Then instantly looked back at him, realizing his innuendo.
Why ...! Fine! I'll talk to the guy. She stood up to leave the booth.
And you're right, you're not that good looking, anyway! She added to Hov, with a wink Wink

She walked toward the guy, with as much confidence as she could try to project. She smiled briefly and sat next to him.
Hey, Handsome. No offense, but you know it's not very polite to listen on other's conversation? That's the best way to get into trouble... Now if you're skilled enough to handle trouble with ease, that's another story. Are You? She stared daringly at the human.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Thractin Campaign - Alcon All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: