The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

House Rules and IC Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Thractin Campaign - Alcon -> House Rules and IC Thread
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: House Rules and IC Thread Reply with quote

The house rules and procedures we'll use. I'll add to these as needed. Some of this is stuff the veterans will already be plenty familiar with, but in case this is a first for any of you I'll make it clear how things'll work in the IC thread here.

From the OOC thread: Character Creation

No Melee Parry, no Brawling Parry. These skills are covered under the main combat skills (Melee Combat and Brawling respectively).

No Grenade skill. It's a specialization of thrown weapons.

Rolls

When there's something that needs rolling put an [[OOC]] tag beneath your post with any skills or attributes that apply and their values for your character. I'll do the rolling and post the roleplayed results. Looking for a better way to do this though that won't slow things down too much, a lot of the fun of pen and paper is being able to make the rolls yourself.

Perception

If you want more description on something or someone simply role play taking a harder look at them. If a perception roll is required I'll make it. If you'd like to make one to try and get more information or more specific information note so underneath your post in an [[OOC]] tag.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What to Post in the IC Thread

For my games the IC thread is generally the thread where things everyone can see or know belong. Things only one character will be aware of probably shouldn't go in here, but rather in private PMs.

This means that when posting your character's actions try to keep it to just that: actions. A character's inner thoughts won't generally be known to the other characters around them (unless one is telepathic, but I don't think we have any telepaths in our group). So try to keep them out of your posts. If you want to portray them do it by describing the effect of those thoughts on your character's appearance (facial expression, body posture, movements and actions, etc). This can be hard, but also a lot of fun to try and translate thoughts into how they would actually display.

If you want to discuss your character's actual thoughts put it in the OOC thread (or in an [[OOC]] aside in the IC thread).

Keep in mind, when I say try, this is by no means a requirement and if you can't do it or slip, don't worry about it. This is more a guideline than an actual rule Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Alcon
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character Location

Since we're splitting to several locations lets establish a new method for keeping tack of who's where. When the group is separated as it is now, lets put a tag at the beginning of the post stating where and who a character is with, something like this:
Quote:

Might be one for Rogue just as she's leaving the Gornt's Head.

On the Move

When you're character is going to go on the move or make a big location change (not just like wandering from the bar to the table). Please make put an OOC tag or a post in the OOC thread saying where the character is going, how they and how they are getting there and if they are going along with anyone. That'll just help me keep track, it's sometimes hard to pull directly out of the IC posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Thractin Campaign - Alcon All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: