The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

I have a big question!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> I have a big question!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dwarven Godfather
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: I have a big question!!! Reply with quote

I have downloaded several Fan source books and love every one of them that Gry Sarth has produced, but I was wondering if there is an Expanded Universe source book that is in production or are smaller pdf files out there.

I'm asking since I'm a big fan of the Expanded universe and came across a cool sentient race of Mynocks in the Duology of Thrawn. They speak through a minor version of the Force since I noticed that the Hybrid of the Rancor is in the Creature PDF files from Gry Sarth.

Any help would be appreciated and Thanks.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, first of all, glad you like my books. Now on to your big question: An Expanded Universe Sourcebook would be something utterly unfeasible. The EU encompasses SO much ground that you can't possibly all of it, or even an interesting collection of it in a single book. That said, my own books are filled with way more EU stats than Movie Cannon stats, so your request has pretty much already been sorta taken care of. The amount of EU material in existance dwarfs Movie Cannon material. 6 movies can't compare to thousands of comics, books, games, tv shows, toys... I don't know for sure, but I think about 90% of my Stats books are EU material.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is one of those, "If only WEG had kept their license," situations. It's really hard to sit down and write these things complete with fluff, pictures, and realistic home-generated stats. We're glad you love the books. But they take time and energy to produce. We just can't do everything, sadly.

Summer is rolling around again, and I suspect that we're going to resume production of our Episode III book. I would suggest that if you want more books, then hop on board the project.

It may not give you sentient mynocks, but it will give you another book. Smile
hisham
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qom Jha and Qom Qae, for everyone's review.
Dwarven Godfather
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheshire,

Thanks for the input, I'm just now getting back into the D6 system and will be full-bore into it once the D6 GSL comes out from west-end games some day. I nt he mean time, I'm getting caught up on the novels and found out there is quite a few cool sentient races that would be great to throw in a game to throw off the players.

Gry Sarth,

I would love to help out once I get into the system more and after I get through a couple of novels as well, until then keep up the great work on the PDF files, We All Love them and it makes everything a lot easier since you condensed it for us all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: