The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Hiram Vantai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 -> Hiram Vantai Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:55 am    Post subject: Hiram Vantai Reply with quote

This where info for KierlanVass's character will live until joined with the party.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You arrived at the station at approximately 4:30am this morning. Alot earlier than you usually show for work and alot earlier than any 21 year old ever wants to be awake.

You were told yesterday to be in because you are assigned as convoy support for the deceased mayors procession to the cemetery. You receive your briefing (as well as 11 other officers and 2 undercover guys you know) that the convoy will consist of 18 vehicles (all unarmored luxury limosines). The lead vehicle will have the Mayors son and several close employees, the second vehicle is the one in which the mayor is within, and the rest are filled with 4-6 high ranking cabinet members, industry leader, etc.

The mayor was wildly popular and had been in office for nearly 10 years. He was the one keeping the Imperials from having complete military occupation of the city.

You visit the arsenal to retrieve your weapons. They produce your normal Westar blaster and stun baton. These weapons are all tracked by specific model, pulse wave length, serial numbers and numerous other phase information. (Basically they know exactly who has shot what and who during investigations). All weapons are registered (even most on the streets these days as sound policies have been in place for years to ensure such information is kept). Before you leave you are also handed 2 stun grenades which you have never used or ever been issued before.

(Unless you have actions you would like to do then I will move on out of the station.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking down at the stun grenades, Hiram felt as if he had made a mistake coming into work this morning. He carefully attached them to his gun belt, before holstering his gun and stun baton on either hip.

He walked out of the armory, rubbing his eyes and stifling a yawn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and your comrades move to the parking area and start your patrol scooters and the 11 of you meet the convoy and continue on to the apartment of the mayor son which is the last stop prior to moving on to the cemetery.

You see the mayors son Dolph (jedi skyler's character) climb into the lead vehicle after being greeted by a Mon Cal (krytoss's character played by the GM until his return). They both board the Mobquet Luxury Landspeeder (all of the vehicles are the same).

You are assigned to stay along side the second and third vehicles. Everything seems to be running normally and (as you can look in the Fall from Power sticky) the people are all quite somber and mournful. You are the youngest and newest of the people on the force today. Everyone on your team seems down about the event (the mayor was well liked) but relaxed.

(If you would go ahead and look at the Fall from Power sticky for the main forum now that the whole group is together, and try to keep things your character is thinking in your specific characters thread as not everyone knows what you are thinking but I don't mind knowing. Especially since you guys don't even know each other yet try to keep some of the mystery for the roleplaying that will be happening in game.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiram felt nervous, maneuvering his speeder to keep alongside the convoy. He had gone through the procedure once or twice before in training. Keep parallel with the convoy, in formation with the officer in front and keep an eye out for danger. It was simple really. As long as there was no trouble and the Ranger team was made of Jedi Masters.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the comlink "spread out and slow the convoy down we are going to take a look ahead, it looks like a much bigger crowd than we anticipated. You and you partner now are the first two patrol scooters in the convoy as the other 4 move ahead leaving the lead vehicle unprotected.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiram spoke up over the commlink, speaking to the attention of his partner (although the message will go out to all officers).

"Officer Vakkar, the front riders have left an opening on the lead car. Advise solution. Out"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Vantai move up with me to cover the lead vehicle, everyone else space it out. Vantai pull up on the left next to the driver so you can point at him if we need to turn to take another route."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Presuming nothing goes wrong in the mean time...)

"In position sir"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You move into position and settle down to the speed of the convoy. You glance in and you see the driver looking ahead at the crowd and the Mon Cal sitting calmly in the back seat next to the mayor son, Dolph. You happen to catch a glance of him and notice him get a sudden grave look on his face. You look back forward and notice the people ahead begin to move from the street to the right and begin running to the left in panic across the road ahead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiram looked at the crowd with a moment of horror and felt himself freeze. What would he do? What did the Academy say about crowd panic, when there was an overriding possibility of assassination? and what had caused the crowd to panic?

He looked around to see if there were any side streets or alternative routes that veered away from the chaos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you are looking out towards the crowd you catch out the peripheral of your eye that the driver suddenly accelerates and begins to bid towards the next road to the left. The rest of the convoy subsequently begins to speed up. The driver begins his rather reckless turn to the left forcing you up over the median. As the vehicle begins to pull away a little you see Dolph pointing to the left and saying something quiet aggressively at the driver.

The crowd continues to panic and run across the road (map in the map forum) and as you are forced to turn left by the veering car, you catch a glimpse of a hulking vehicle rounding the corner from behind the fleeing crowd. (Also a pic in the graphics forum).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiram bolted his scooter around the corner after the lead car, with a touch of panic, both from having the lead vehicle now unprotected and the sight of what might be creating a blockade to the funeral. Nothing though could cover the moment of sheer terror at coming face to face with another one as he brought his vehicle back alongside the lead car.

"All units I have an armed ground vehicle coming straight for us" He shouted over the comms. He spoke again, almost to himself "are those imperial markings?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KierlanVass
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant


Joined: 05 Nov 2006
Posts: 72
Location: Mountain View, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiram will check around the corner before making a move toward picking up his fellow officer.

If all is clear then he will take the officer and make a dash for it, if not then we need to reevaluate our escape plan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain


Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 525
Location: California

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say the way is clear but as I had described in the story forum the majority of the storm troopers are behind the tank, as you can see most of their legs scurrying around behind it. So most don't have a direct line of sight on you and the tank is concentrating on the vehicles to maximize their damage to the convoy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fall from Power - Flyboy2002 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


v2.0