The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

There be treasure here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Untold Stories - K21DUBIE -> There be treasure here! Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: There be treasure here! Reply with quote

After making a short cargo run just off the Nanth'ri Trade Route, now getting the ship serviced and looking for your nex job. As you leave the docking bay to head to the local cantina, you notice a figure staggering out of the shadows toward you. As the figure draws closer, Nallok see's the that it's Marka Durn, an old pal who' s been plying his trade near the Nanth'ri Trade Route. He's looked a lot better though -- He's stumbling along, hunched over. He's breathing hard and looks like he's in pain.

I didn't think I'd make it. he croaks, collapsing at your feet. As Nallok bends over him. He grips Nallok's shirt and fights to speak. As she tries to help him, the rest of your squat next to her you can't help but notice the gaping blaster wound in his chest.
Mott's treasure he gasps Bay 15.... engine's lee... beware sea shell... Durn's eyes glaze over.

Well unfortunately, Durn is dead and nothing can be done for him now. His wound was far to severe. As you look down at Durn. Six new figures emerge from the shadows a mere 3 meters form you a tall scarred man in a poncho and a slouch hat galares at you with a cybernetic eye. He turns to one of his companions, a tall muscular Wookie He's dead, you fool the Wookie snarls acwo craahwa cooscwoaoacahwhrr aooo aoacoocwo rhwoahwhrrc the cyborg-human turns back to Nallok So woman what did he tell you? Tell us and we'll let you walk away. The pirates eyes you all coldly as his companions draw their heavy blasters.
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nallok looks down at the body of Durn then up at the cyborged pirate. She then says in almost a whisper I will avenge his death and make sure that he did not die giving away his secrets to you. she draws her blaster and fires off three shots striking down two pirates in surprise. They fall to the floor unable to get up.
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason quickly draws his knife and throws it under hand it flies from his finger tips and buries it self in a mns kneck, just above the protective collar of his blast vest. As one of his companions turn to see what is happend to his partner, Kason unslings his rifle in the same quick motion fires off a shot but goes wide of its mark exploding off the fercrete wall just above the shocked man.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden dives to the right toward a work bench up against the wall of the corridor. The wookie opens fire and the bolts cross right through the center of where Asden had been standing a second prior. Another blaster shot screams from another mercenary missing Asden and crashing into the wall. Asden slides to a halt under the bench finding himself behind of the cover of the back portion of it. As the other mercenaries turn to flee Asden begins digging through his pockets to retrieve a few blaststicks and insert the detonating circuits. "Kason grab one of their guns and get behind this cover."
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason nods at Asden then waits for a gap in the incoming blaster fire. Then using a serious of cartwheels flips and twist Kason tranverses the distance to a fallen enemy removing the blaster pistol from his lifeless body, Kason darts and then flips over a passing blaster bolt landing a mere meter from Asden's postion. Kason dives the last meter landing with a nice thud next to Asden. Catching his breath. Kason peers over the top of the table, catching a glimpse of the enemies turning tall and running away. Kason waits to make sure it is not a trick by the enemies. Searching around for snipers or hidden attackers.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blaststick Asden tosses bounces much less than expected and stops a few meters short of the rear most mercenary as they continue to flee. "Here goes!" says Asden looking at Kason while holding the detonator in his right with his back up against the wall. He winces and squints his eyes as he presses the button awaiting the explosion down the hall. After he hears the explosion he quickly tucks the detonator in his pocket, "you mind if I give one of those a try?" as he points to the newly retrieved blaster and old blaster Kason is holding. He then slowly peaks his head up just enough for one eye to see past the bench to see what has happened with his charge.
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason looks at Asden and hands over the pistol then as an after thought Kason watches to make sure Asden handles the weapon properly. Seeing him look down the sights Kason quickly thumbs the saftey off, before Asden pulls the trigger. Kason peers over the bench using his rifle to probe ahead.
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blast managed a nice hole in the derocrete floor and part of the ceiling has sagged but not fallen and there is quite a bit of dust and dirt still hanging in the air. You are unable to see beyond smoke and dust. Nallok strolles up. You and the explosives! I am not sure if you make me nervous or if you make me feel safe. she turns to regard Marka, Well you guys head back to the ship and make sure it is ok let me take care of everything here and I will be back within the hour She turns and makes sure that no one goes near Marka's body.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sorry, about that. Kason can you put the safety back on on this thing." Asden waits for Kason to safe the pistol up again before he crawls to his feet and crouches as he scrabbles over to the fallen fighters. He quickly does a once over of them to try to find some ID or useful equipment. "I am going to try to find Bay 15 if you want to come I can probably use the help." Asden will begin searching for Bay 15 cautiously moving throughout the spaceport hoping to find anymore clues that might lead to what Nallok's recently deceased friend.
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason clicks the safety then nods at Asden, he begins to smile Treasure Hunt!!! bouncing a little, reverting to a young boy. He begins to search looking for Bay 15
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bay 15 is in the older part of town, and off a sidestreet. The Bay is quiet, except for the slow pumping and hissing of fuel cells feeding Durn's ship, the Deephopper, a beat up Ghroc freighter. It's obviously under repairs -- the enginge appears to be half disassembled and mechanical parts are thrown about the bay. As you approach the ship a tinny voice crackles over the external comm Hey! Who's there?
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asden speaks up in a kind of a shout to who ever is listening that he can't see "Our captain is an old friend of Durn's and he mentioned to her that his ship was having a little trouble with the engines. She sent me over to see if I could help out free of charge. Anytime on the ground is less time spent making money so I thought you might want the help." Asden continues to look around cautiously to see if he can find any sign of where the voice is coming from and if anyone else is here.
kyledon Mystic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kason slides over to one of the rear landing gear struts just forward of the engine an exposed internal area lays open with its panel leaning against the landing gear. Quickly Kason removes his rifle and sets it to stun before slinging the rifle over his shoulder, Kason silent climbs up till he can grab the lip of the exposed area. Feet dangling just a moment, Kason pulls his lower body up and over his hands and disappears into the inards of the ship. Kason gets his bearings recalling a mental picture of what the old freighters layout and begins to belly crawl over and under condiuts and support struts. It takes a minute but Kason finds him self on his back looking at an mainteance panel. Removing a knife Kason works the blade into the seam and feels a satisfying click as the tamper bolts are broken. Kason waits a moment listening for any sounds to see if he has been discovered.
K21DUBIE
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The intercom speaks Why did Durn not tell me someone was coming over and who is your Captain?
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the same elevated voice "Our captain is Nallok and it looks like you really need a hand so unless you really want to do this all yourself and be stuck here for more unprofitable days I suggest you let me have a look at things. We ran into some people on the way here that didn't seem very nice and were very interested in your Captain and ship so I am guessing you don't want to stick around very long." Asden moves up to the loading bay door awaiting a response or the door to open.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars: The Untold Stories - K21DUBIE All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: