The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter One - Survivors of the Dark Side's Tentacles
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tales of the Jedi: The Silent Sect - THK -> Chapter One - Survivors of the Dark Side's Tentacles Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Myshalla seemed quite pleased with the newcomers' enthusiasm. With some extra cross-training, they'd be valuable additions to the Team should they choose to stay. She rendezvoused with Master Chun, "Master, I think we're ready to proceed!"
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NARRATOR: The arrivals conversed with the newly freed…The exchanges were brief…The droid continued to work with Kora in efforts to get the door jammed as the Jedi moved towards the gun placement…In the distance, Bron, Myshalla and the others watched as FOHCLOM scooped up Darrin’s body and grimly carried him aboard…The giant Zexx didn’t miss a step as he carried the body up to the ramp…but his posture showed that he had seen enough death…

CHUN: We don’t have time for words now for the dead…but we will have them soon enough with the captain of this craft…(to the former captives) Good sir, droid, and m’lady…I am Jedi Master CHUN TEHGAN, watchman of the Duros system…I am here on special purpose with my students and crew…that being to bring the captain of this craft to justice…or…to his end…You mentioned others…We are of course at your service and will aide in their escape…How many…and where?

NARRATOR: Bron was using the med pac for the burn wound that Myshalla had given him…The droid looked up from the jam job and spoke…It was pleasant and quick to respond…

HK-10P: [acknowledging statement] Greetings Master Jedi…I am HK-10P…a design of assassin droid created by Czerka Corporation for clients that employ the HK-10A…I am three of a kind…My mission was to protect those who employ the HK-10A…from the HK-10A…I am an anti-assassin-assassin droid. I am now at the escapees’ service, and yours…There are twelve others who are able to walk…and three that are not able…They’re approximately 800 meters away…

CHUN: Why does your programming dictate loyalty to these people?

HK-10P: [Query] Do you mean…What’s in it for me, Master Jedi? [Clarification] My programming doesn’t make me protector for these people…My processor tells me that failing to stop the demise of my employer and the theft of the HK-10A models demands that I make…amends. I am here because I failed my job…initially. It won’t happen again.

CHUN: So you failed? Don’t think that you’re the only one that is here because you have failed…You’re doing the right thing HK-10P.

NARRATOR: The statement ran chills up the spines of the Jedi, for they knew what Master CHUN was referring to…The dark man who captained the beast ship was his son…a Jedi who had turned his back on the light…

"Master, I think we're ready to proceed!"

CHUN: We will be soon enough…The spoils of war are being collected…Hopefully some good can come from what the enemy has dropped…

NARRATOR: Out of the nineteen droids in the bay, only five of them had serviceable blast rifles due to the form of demise they had met…Anti-aircraft weaponry was as merciless to weaponry a target was carrying as a lightsaber…if not more so. The two armored attackers were armed with shotguns, one of which Kora had picked up…The four security guards were armed with only slugthrower pistols…As for odds and ends besides weaponry, the only other items found were comlinks that were communicating in the clear on a general channel. The foes defeated were soldiers and security…none of them were technicians carrying a tool or patch kit…but a spike line found in one of the mutilated droids provided a means of jamming the door momentarily….

Weapons and equipment found in the bay:

(4 total...1 in the hands of Kora)
Type: .45 Shortbarrel Autoloader
Size and Ammunition: .45 Compact pistol
Skill: Firearms
Ammo: 12
Range: 3-8/24/48
Damage: .45 is 4D+2
Accessories: none

(2 total…one claimed by Kora)
Type: Pump action Shotgun
Skill: Firearms
Model: 12 guage shotgun
Ammo: 12 guage buckshot (4+4)
Range: 3-10/25-75
Damage: 6D/5D-4D (5D knockdown)
Accessories: Pump-action shot magazine extender (+4 shotgun shells)
Notes: Requires a pump after each shot to cock. Each pump is a separate action. Knockdown indicates the dice code one would roll against with their Strength to avoid being knocked down. This is a separate roll from the initial damage roll if struck. Armor is not a consideration…It is blast versus Strength.

(5 total)
Type: Blast-rifle
Skill: Blast-rifle
Ammo: 50
Range: 3-15/30/50
Damage: 5D
Note: At long range, increase difficulty by +5.

No extra ammunition or blast-rifle coils to be found…

(4 total…Kora claimed one)
Standard PTP-links (old school comlinks)

OOC: Pick up anything that interests you (first post first get basis)…Xandor gets dibs on the remaining shotgun (or any of the other items if there aren't enough to go around) if he wants it as he announced that he is picking through the dead. I’ll wait a while to see if anyone wants to comment on the droid or CHUN’s statements, or to see if anyone wants to try to re-equip. The shotgun is a great weapon for up close…but the pistols and blast rifles aren’t bad either…even by modern standards. After I get an “all ready” from everyone, we’ll go into the belly of the beast. This weekend, I will give out CP and update the sheets with inventory...
Kora Tyr
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Shotguns? I like that idea.." she grabbed one of them and a sidearm for weapons.

"'Scrappy', Talk about failing like that again I reprogram you." she was deadly serious.

"I'm free because of what you did." She was looking him in the optics now, "You didn't fail. You improvised and I'm impressed. I like that in a droid. Now get your bolts in motion and lets go we have others to free." she look at the droid for long serious moment then winked at him. She liked this droid A LOT and didn't like the idea he could see failure as bad.

It was but more often than not it happened and meant most lifeforms needed to think fast. Droids weren't any different in her mind.
Well, I'm still here and he's a ghost
Obi Wan Kenobi (Weir Al)
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlis helped attempt to jam the door while continuing to watch and listen down the hall. Though he wasn't trying to pay attention to the conversation he had a hard time not hearing it with his heightened sense of hearing. He was a little too on edge to converse right now it seemed.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xandor piles the salvaged weapons and equipment in a central location for all to take or not as they will. He runs a hand admiringly over the shotgun, thinking to himself, "I'm going to have to get some time practicing with this...could add a whole new dimension to fighting."

Taking a PTP and the shotgun, plus a pistol if one is left after everyone else has a say.
schnarre
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Myshalla picked up one of the .45 autoloader firearms & did a quick check for ammo clip. She also checked the magazine to see how many rounds it still had. She was familiar with firearms, but not the newer blast-rifles so she left those for those who knew how to use them properly.

...Pocketing her new ill-gotten gains, she replenished the clip for her pulse-wave pistol as well. Her modified pulse-wave pistol did more damage, but had fewer shots. But she was satisfied that it had come through for her once again.

...This complete, she rejoined the others, ready for what was to come next...or so she thought.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drake takes two of the of the .45 Automatics plus extra Ammo and unloads the powerpacks from the other blast rifles so he'd have extra ammo, and grabs a PTP link seting to the new comers frequency.

He then Rejoined Kora and the others.

"Time for some payback...."

Facing the possibility of dying he wanted to tell Kora how he REALLY felt felt about her, that he loved his adopted Twi'lek sister in the most un-brotherly way..... but he was afraid to.... Maybe that droid was more perceptive then he'd given droids credit for....
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xandor gives Myshalla a wide, predatory grin as she walks up with her new acquisitions. "Ready for some hunting, my friend?" Rotating his neck, pops and crackles can be heard as he arches his back, flexes and rotates his arms, then twists each of his legs while his feet remain planted firmly on the floor. After his stretch, he nods and says, "Me too."
THK
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: Thread Closed...Chapter Two begins now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tales of the Jedi: The Silent Sect - THK All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: