The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Mandalorian attributes?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Mandalorian attributes? Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GMT
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Mandalorian attributes? Reply with quote

Hello,

A member of my gaming group is going to GM a one off SWRPG D6 game for us (normally I GM.) One of my fellow gamers wants to play a Mandalorian, just for kicks since it is a short game. But, no matter where I look, I cannot find character creation rules for a Mandalorian... how many attribute dice, pros, cons, abilities, etc.

Are there any?
Sabre
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've seen, Mandalorians are human. Like 'Corellian', it refers to their origin and ancestry more than their race. You might allow as much as 2D/5D strength rather than the typical 2D/4D to reflect their emphasis on physical power, or give the player access to special starting equipment, but otherwise treat them as if they were human and use 'Mandalorian' as a story/character factor.
masque
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The excreble prequels have forced a retcon, making Mandalorians a tribe made up of many species (see http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian) but in their earliest appearance as themselves (in Tales of the Jedi), they were their own species, now known as the Taung. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taung) Boba Fett was also originally a human named Jaster Mereel, which has now been retconned as someone who helped raise him.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, if you're not playing "ancient times Star Wars", then a Mandalorian can be of pretty much any species, though humans were prevalent. The Taung which originated the "clan" are considered extinct in the normal playing eras.

So, to answer your question, there's no defined character creation rules for the Mandalorians, they would be like very well trained commandos or some such, but I don't think you should go above the species maxiumum in Strength, they are well trained, but not all that beefed up.
GMT
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information. I will just recommend Steve play something else. Smile
ggmoridin
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Mandalorian d6 stats Reply with quote

Mandalorian d6 stats are listed at rpggamers.org in the characters section
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would just like to say that I highly oppose those stats. I mean, 18D base attribute dice? All attribute maximums above the human level, none below 4D? That looks like biased fanboyism to me...
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware mandalorians can be of any race (primiarly human), are exceptionally trained, and have one of the best armours in the galaxy. So they should be at standard racial stats with kick @$$ armour.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto. You BECOME a Mandalorian. Through arduous training and kick-@$$ armor and gadgets. Having a species stat block like that is like asking for a Jedi's stat block. Yes, Jedi are uber, must they have to earn it...
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gry Sarth wrote:
Ditto. You BECOME a Mandalorian. Through arduous training and kick-@$$ armor and gadgets. Having a species stat block like that is like asking for a Jedi's stat block. Yes, Jedi are uber, must they have to earn it...

This is pretty much my position.
Mandalorians are about training, not racial benefits. They're a supreme threat because of outlook and extremely good martial training... but they're, at their core, still regular members of their race (mostly human, as mentioned). Don't alter racial mins/maxes.

For a PC, well, they'll be a pretty weak Mandalorian, but even with that, they're still more than a match for your average denizen of the Galaxy. For NPC, boost their skill levels up in the combat skills to make them fearsome challenges.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
GMT
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The player went with a Quarren instead. Did you know that if a Quarren can get his face right in yours, he might try to bite your nose off with his shell-opening, squidlike eating beak? Smile
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humans can bite noses off too. Although it's not pretty or easy.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Yak Face
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the feeling of engineering rules for a player and then having them wasted. Smile I took time to invent a set of rules for the shape changer species, so a player could be like the assassin in Ep.3. Alas, the 2nd adventure in he was toast and the race has never been revisited. Sigh...
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my game the Mandalorian stats from rpggamers.org represent geneticly augmented mandalorians which in my storyline are created to bolster the mandalorian's limited numbers.
DarthMortis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

masque wrote:
The excreble prequels have forced a retcon, making Mandalorians a tribe made up of many species (see http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian) but in their earliest appearance as themselves (in Tales of the Jedi), they were their own species, now known as the Taung. (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taung) Boba Fett was also originally a human named Jaster Mereel, which has now been retconned as someone who helped raise him.

Yeah you got to think of Mandalorians like the Sith, the Sith used to be an actual race, but now it is just a way of life
"I believe the Jedi are weak so they give up their emotions. I believe the Sith are weak so they give up to their emotions. I lay somewhere in the middle, not afraid to keep my emotions, but afraid to lose myself in them." - Daroth Mortanis
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: