The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Force powers as advanced skills
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Force powers as advanced skills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Force powers as advanced skills Reply with quote

I have been considering running a starwars game with force abilities being treated as advanced skills. I must stress that this is for long term games only.

I think this more adequately shows the level of dedication the force demands, and reflects the difficulty that it take to advance especially at higher levels.

If i decide to keep the 10 cp cost to buy a force skill this means it would now take 10 weeks to get it at 1D, or 2 weeks and 2cp if bought as a regular advanced skill. After that it would advance as a standard advanced skill costing cp equal to twice the number before the D and training time equal to that in weeks and twice that without a teacher. e.g. dave increases his control from 2D+1 to 2D+2 it would cost him 4 cp and take 4 weeks or 8 weeks without a teacher.

I am going to be play testing this system on a solo game with one of my players soon so ill let you know how it turns out, in the mean time please tell me what you think.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know, I'm not sure it really reflects how we've seen many Star Wars characters advance. Most of the characters we see becoming Force users from regular Joes do so at an incredible rate... well, rather, they do it in large strides and rest periods of development; jumping in power/ability with the Force now and again, while progresing normally through gaining regular skills... in some ways this almost reflects upon D&D style levels, but not really.

It's definitely a good way to keep characters balanced with non-Jedi though... which can be really helpful in some GM/game styles.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: