The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Where to go from here IC-thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Strike Team Three: Into the Fire - noctum_carpe -> Where to go from here IC-thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dak asks, "Are they aware of how many of us there will be?" He looks to Judu. "The fluid timeline might afford us the chance to scope out the bar before we make contact."
Ankhanu
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noctum_carpe wrote:
Ankhanu wrote:
Kidjim watches as the others depart, then leans more heavily on his elbows on the table, "The core, eh? This sounds more up our alley."

Syv eyes Kidjim up and down. "What make you say that, from what i know our kind aint exactlly welcome there?"

Kidjim smirks and looks to Syv, "You've never been to the Core Worlds, I take it," he speaks with some joviality. "Though it's true that the Imperial government doesn't care much for non-humans, that doesn't mean that everyone shares the sentiment. For most, a Duros' credits are worth just as much as a Human's; we 'aliens' are still pretty common, even on Coruscant. We'll be just fine."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
noctum_carpe
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:
Dak asks, "Are they aware of how many of us there will be?" He looks to Judu. "The fluid timeline might afford us the chance to scope out the bar before we make contact."

"No, just that you be comming in 5 days time."

You may fire when ready
noctum_carpe
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syv looks glomily at Kidjim
"Well the credits aint what im worried about."

You may fire when ready
Ankhanu
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noctum_carpe wrote:

"Don't worry about it kid, it's not as bad out there as you think it is."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Skyler wrote:

"Thats good thinking. Never go into a situation in which you dont know the way out, and then another way out in case that one is blocked. But Ideally we can scope out the place in the morning, so we can make the meeting as early as possible that evening." he pauses and looks at the general "Sir, I assume that the mission briefing package, with false IDs, is in my chambers on the ship as per usual?"

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
noctum_carpe
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Briefing is what you got, there are code names for you to learn and such but you dont get them until you are onboard your ship. ids will be waiting there as well, oh i almost forgot, take military tactical advice from ven seroiusly, he knows what he is talking about he used to be a Cornel and a good one that is. that be all gentelbeeings, good luck and may the force be with you."

You may fire when ready
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dak nods solemnly and says, "And with you, sir." He looks to Judu. "Obviously the briefing dossier will be on board the ship. I wonder...do we have anyone on the team skilled in creating false IDs? That's a skill I unfortunately hadn't had the opportunity to learn yet while I was receiving my training in the assassin's arts. It is a handy ability to have, and if we can get a few of us proficient in this skill we'll have a much wider range of possibilities for covert operations." He shrugs. "I've some skill in utilizing personal disguises; coupled with the ability to produce IDs on demand, I could blend almost anywhere on short notice."
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That would be my department Dak" Judu replies, then adds with a chuckle "I probably know the guys who made the IDs for us, and might have even helped a few of them get into the rebellion. It would help if I had hardware to help produce the IDs that are more realistic, but I can make them in a pinch. I must say I have only made a few in my time, I developed the skills to be able to better detect fake IDs and design security systems that are harder to be spoofed. But as it goes with computers, if you know how to secure it, you know how to break it."

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Bo Heck
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ankhanu wrote:
noctum_carpe wrote:

"Don't worry about it kid, it's not as bad out there as you think it is."

"We will blend in fine if we are cautious, some maybe so than others, but it should not be a problem," Kaedynn says as he remembers how much different he is from the average human, including his self inscribed tattoos. He doubts anyone relishes the thought of a mission in the Core, especially himself but a mission is a mission and he doesnt let his reservations affect him.
Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Well then," Dak says, "You're the one I need to learn from. If we're on separate missions, I may need to know how to make those IDs in the field. And if you're not around to do it, then I'll have to myself. Will you teach me how?"
Ankhanu
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo Heck wrote:
"We will blend in fine if we are cautious, some maybe so than others, but it should not be a problem," Kaedynn says as he remembers how much different he is from the average human, including his self inscribed tattoos. He doubts anyone relishes the thought of a mission in the Core, especially himself but a mission is a mission and he doesnt let his reservations affect him.

"Given that they asked for us, I doubt they'll harbour too many prejudices they can't get around"

vong wrote:
... "I probably know the guys who made the IDs for us, and might have even helped a few of them get into the rebellion. It would help if I had hardware to help produce the IDs that are more realistic, but I can make them in a pinch. I must say I have only made a few in my time, I developed the skills to be able to better detect fake IDs and design security systems that are harder to be spoofed. But as it goes with computers, if you know how to secure it, you know how to break it."

Kidjim glances over towards the discussion between Judu and Dak, "Yeah, I can help out well enough with any other forgeries we need... it's er... something I picked up along the way, ya know?" He grins.

Jedi Skyler wrote:
"Well then," Dak says, "You're the one I need to learn from. If we're on separate missions, I may need to know how to make those IDs in the field. And if you're not around to do it, then I'll have to myself. Will you teach me how?"

Kidjim rolls his eyes, Freakin' @$$-kisser, he thinks to himself, remembering their need to 'be a team'.

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judo looks at Kidjim and says amusingly "Im sure you just picked it up for no particular reason" and adds a wink. He then continues seriously "We can check each others work, and the work that has been provided to us"

He then looks at Dak and says "I wont teach you how to make false IDs. I spent most of my life protecting companies from intrusion, and Im not about to just teach you how to get around security procedures. What I can teach you is various methods for detecting that and ID is false. But I will tell you this right now: knowing how every facet of a security system works, gives you the ability to find its weak points. So as I said earlier, I have never made a false ID ever in my life, I could probably make one that our experts would have to take a second look to notice it is fake."

Jedi Skyler
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dak hmmphs thoughtfully. "I understand the high road you have chosen to take. I'd appreciate anything you would be willing to teach regarding security, IDs, and the like."

Turning and starting to walk away, he adds, more softly to Kidjim, "Perhaps you might be willing to teach me how to make these IDs myself. While our commander has obvious and valid reasons for not creating them, I come from a more pragmatic school, where sometimes one must utilize...less than perfectly legal methods to accomplish a mission. If you can make them, you can teach others to do so, yes?" He sighs. "I don't intend to become a career thief, and it bothers me that Judu might be thinking that. However, what if we HAVE to break into some facility in order to perform a rescue? Is he going to hold to that policy then? What if we don't HAVE a supply chain to provide such documents for us?" He shrugs. "It just smacks of gross impracticality to me..."
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: hey noc, fire off me a listen check, noting that my vocolizer can also act as an audio recievier / enhancer / translator.

Judu look as the obvious contempt just rolls off Dak as he turns his back on him. "Young people" he thinks to himself "No respect for what our society built itself on, always wanting the quick and easy way to everything." as he listens to his vocalizer to see if it picked up what Dak says to Kidjim, although given Kidjim's background, Judu has a good guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Strike Team Three: Into the Fire - noctum_carpe All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: