The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> WEG STAR WARS COLLECTION LIST Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanDarkstar
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found mention of Fate Points on this site, which seems to corroborate your memory.

Quote:
The Heir to the Empire Sourcebook (HTESB), on the other hand, has a decent amount of material in it, but it was written before the Second Edition rules were, and talks about such devices as Fate Points.

I'll have to check my book when I get home. I know it is a softcover. Was there a previous hardcover edition?

Update: pg. 45 of HTESB under Receptive Telepathy

Quote:
If a character has "Fate Points," he or she is aware when this power is used on them and can choose to resist; characters without "Fate Points" are unaware when this power is used on them (see Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition for more information on Fate and Fate Points).

Also found on pages 47 (Control Mind) and 89 (Ysalamiri).
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanDarkstar wrote:
I found mention of Fate Points on this site, which seems to corroborate your memory.

Quote:
The Heir to the Empire Sourcebook (HTESB), on the other hand, has a decent amount of material in it, but it was written before the Second Edition rules were, and talks about such devices as Fate Points.

I'll have to check my book when I get home. I know it is a softcover. Was there a previous hardback.

All three of the Thrawn trilogy sourcebooks were released in Hardback format first. The compilation sourcebook updated for second edition on the other hand only came in soft back.
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question for you Whill, or anyone else who might know.

Years ago I downloaded a list called the Star Wars Collector's Bible from a site called Sandcrawler.com
In the section listing boxed campaigns they listed "Corporate boxed set". It said it contained a corporate sector player's guide, maps etc. This was listed between the Lords of the Expanse and Darkstryder so it appears they meant it as a seperate and different product. It is stated to be released in 1998 and retailed for 30.00

Does anyone know if this is an actual product?
Whill
Supreme Chancellor (Site Admin)

Location: Columbus, OHIO, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jawa1138 wrote:
Question for you Whill, or anyone else who might know.

Years ago I downloaded a list called the Star Wars Collector's Bible from a site called Sandcrawler.com

http://www.sandcrawler.com/SWB/westend.html

Yes, that was most certainly consulted for my list at the top of this thread, and looks like that may have even been the original basis for my list.

jawa1138 wrote:
In the section listing boxed campaigns they listed "Corporate boxed set". It said it contained a corporate sector player's guide, maps etc. This was listed between the Lords of the Expanse and Darkstryder so it appears they meant it as a seperate and different product. It is stated to be released in 1998 and retailed for 30.00

Does anyone know if this is an actual product?

Notice there is no item # for the "Corporate boxed set". I did consult many other sources and in all my research, I have never had any reason to believe that product was ever actually released. Down at the bottom of that webpage, it also lists Adventure Journals #16 and 17 with release dates. I have personal correspondence from Bucci Retail Group/West End Games Ltd. dated 9/28/99 in response to an inquiry I sent them regarding my unfulfilled Adventure Journal subscription. This is how I found out about the bankruptcy - They informed me in a personalized ink-signed letter that they were not able to issue refunds for the last two issues of my subscription because of it. So I have proof directly from the source that Adventure Journals 16 and 17 were never actually officially released, but sandcrawler lists them anyway. It is likely that the sandcrawler list is based on an older list from the late 90s (before the bankruptcy) that included upcoming publications.

WEG included a print-out of their inventory and stated that as an alternative to providing me with a cash refund, they offered me store credit (for the two unfulfilled issues of the subscription) to purchase anything they had at 60% off retail and free shipping! I was so depressed about the end of WEG Star Wars that I never took advantage of that great deal (and didn't complete my WEG collection until much later through eBay). I still have the entire correspondence from WEG and just double checked - There is no listing for a Corporate Sector boxed set, so I must conclude that it was also a planned product that never got published. Too bad - I think that sounds like it could have been awesome.

"Tell that to Kanjiklub."

Last edited by Whill on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured as much, every other source I have checked never mentioned it, but nor did they ever mention the Swedish box set versions of the core books, so I hoped perhaps it was just a rare piece that I can set my sights on.

I guess I stick to finding the Masters of the Universe rpg and the other swedish Star Wars box sets as my holy grails.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RyanDarkstar wrote:
I'll have to check my book when I get home. I know it is a softcover. Was there a previous hardcover edition?
jawa1138 wrote:
All three of the Thrawn trilogy sourcebooks were released in Hardback format first. The compilation sourcebook updated for second edition on the other hand only came in soft back.

Thanks, guys. Those page #s in RyanDarkstar's 1e softcover HttE Sb match the page #s in my hardback. I presume his softcover is identical to mine with no Skill Points, Fate Points, Character Points or Force Points in the stat blocks of any characters like mine.

RyanDarkstar wrote:
Update: pg. 45 of HTESB under Receptive Telepathy...

Also found on pages 47 (Control Mind) and 89 (Ysalamiri).

Thanks for pointing these out. I feel less crazy now. Those last two references to Fate Points refer to them as separate points than Force Points, and the 2e update to Ysalamiri in TTT Sb replaces Fate Points in the same sentence with Character Points. Through Google I also found reference to myself referring to Fate Points being listed as Character Points in this book several years ago on the WEG forum. So it seems evident that at one point in 1992 during the development of 2e, Character Points were going to be called Fate Points.

But I thought that I had a printing with "Fate Points" listed in the characters stat blocks themselves. But maybe I was wrong about that.

jawa1138
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will skim the Thrawn Trilogy sourcbook tonight and see if it reprinted the fate point reference or if it was updated correctly.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Classic Adventure: Tatooine Manhunt Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
1996 Classic Adventures: Volume Three 96-page paperback compiling 3 first edition adventures updated to second edition: Tatooine Manhunt, Riders of the Maelstrom, and Death in the Undercity

Just putting this here for reference...

bradiation wrote:
I just read through the "Tatooine Manhunt" section, and I've noticed that on page 90, it makes reference to a "read aloud" section to be read before players read their scripts, but that that section doesn't actually exist.

Delkarnu wrote:
if it is the "Episode One, the mission begins" page, here goes:

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

EXTERIOR: SPACECRAFT IN SPACE. The Imperial Star Destroyer Relentless docks with Kwenn Space Station.

INTERIOR: IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER - AUDIENCE CHAMBER. Twin Blast doors slide open, revealing the dark interior of a massive chamber. An Imperial captain stands upon a high platform, flanked by lower officers. Two stormtroopers march in. They drop a manacled prisoner at the feet of Captain Parlan, commander of the warship.
    "The charge," demands Parlan.
    "Piracy, sir," snaps a trooper.
    "Kill the scum," Parlan replies coldly.
    "Wait!" screams the prisoner, "I have something to bargain with. Information important to the Emperor... inexchange for my life."
    Parlan's dead eyes gleam triumphantly. "Go ahead, I'm all ears."
    "Tallon... it concerns Adar Tallon..."
    Parlan listens intently to the pirate's tale, then issues orders. Quietly, Ensign Dana pockets a data storage pad and slips away.
    The commander issues one final order,
    "Lieutenant Voor, send for the bounty hunters."

Fade to...
    INTERIOR: KWENN SPACE STATION.

1E Adventure Modules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: