The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

First adventure ideas
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> First adventure ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zarash
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: First adventure ideas Reply with quote

Hello, I am going to be running my first adventure soon and started thinking of some ideas I was wondering if maybe I could get some comments or help. This is going to be a semi long post. I am not good at comming up with original ideas so just taking pieces out of other stuff here and there.

I went and helped my brother and nephew make their characters tonight. I got a little to over zealous and let him have 100k in mods to a YT-2400 transport which I realise now was a horrible mistake. Nephew is playing a smuggler type and brother a jedi in training. The time period is going to be right after the clone wars so I can do The Dawn of Defiance stuff. Can't remember there names so I will just call there characters smuggler and pad for now.

The smuggler character is going to start on Nar Shadda. I am thinking about him having a partner so as to split the bill for the Tramp. The Jedi pad will start there as well. I am going to have him and his jedi master there to look for a way to get to the space station where the Dawn of defiance campaign starts. The jedi master is going to have the pad meet someone on the station ( lady that gets shot) and he will not be going. He needs to stay in hiding and can't get involved with things right now. The pad is not well known yet.

Instead of having the smuggler owe a big bill to a hutt I was going to have something messed up with the ship or have something hidden in a secret compartment that the smuggler does not know is there . Maybe have a bounty hunter or some other type of character own the ship before him but have something happen to him. The bounty hunter or said character lost the ship but the cargo in the secret compartment is worth more then the ship.

The smuggler also has to pay a favor off to a hutt on the planet so he has important cargo to deliver to the station at the beginning of the dawn campaign. After this happens on Nar Shadda with maybe a fight scene or something I am at a loss right now they jump to hyperspace.

In the middle of the jump the tramp gets pulled out of hyperspace by an unexpected asteroid field. Pirates are going to enter the ship (adventure journal 1-4) or said person that owned the ship and go after the cargo and take the cargo out of the ship. I am going to try to knock out the characters so they will have to awaken in a locked room on the ship. After a fire fight they get the pirates off the ship but not before they leave with the cargo they were hauling.

The partner of the smuggler is going to die some how and the ship will be the smugglers. This is where the Pirates adventure in the R and E book is going to come in and I will attempt that adventure. I am thinking about the ship belonging to the pirates before the smuggler got it or something not sure. They will be after the hidden cargo. Also since there was already cargo on the ship they take it as well. The pad character will really have no choice but to help out. I am also thinking about maybe having the pirates do something messed up to the ship maybe the shields short out or something after this adventure so that they are never quite reliable anymore or something to that effect.

If you read this far then thank you. So this is what I have in mind any comments or advice would be appreciated. I have to try and flesh out everything yet before I start. I know its not really to original but it has taken me about 3 weeks to come up with along with reading the rules and everything. Hopefully it will be a good start to get my creative side going.

I am thinking about going to Lowes and getting a 3' by 3' piece of plexy glass so I can draw out the adventure in the R and E or other adventures and stick the pieces under the plexy glass so they stay there and not move around. I think it would be very useful for other adventures as well. I just need to see how much its going to be to get a piece that big.

Last edited by Zarash on Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Zarash
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smuggler template

dex 4d
blaster 6d
dodge 6d
Blasetr Carbine spec 7d

Know 3d

Mech 3d
Space trans 4d
Starship gunnery 4d
YT-2400 spec 5d

perception 3d

Str 2d

Tech 3d
YT-2400 Repair 4d

Padwain template
dex 3d
dodge 4d
lightsaber 4d

know 3d

mech 2d

per 3d

str 2d

tech 2d

Control 3d sense 3d alter 2d used skill points to raise these

force powers
Control
Control pain
Accelerate healing

Sense
Life sense
Life detection
Danger sense
Combat sense

Control + semse
Lightsaber combat

Control + alter
Control anothers pain
Accelerate anothers healing

Control +sense +alter
Battle med
Lostboy
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres an idea, the ship used to belonged to slavers and is equipped with internal sensor's, null gas dispensers, and electrified surfaces. They lost the ship and only learned of it's whereabouts from a spy on Nar Shadar after finding it they bribed a tech who works in the landing area to install a slave circuit and homing device on the ship (as the characters are unlikely to do a complete search of their ship before they take off it is not likely to be noticed). The slave circuit allows them to activate the ships security remotely.

The cockpit is the only place that the security systems don't cover and it automaticly seals when the security systems are activated, it's doubtful it will be manned while in hyperspace.

These systems are detailed in the starwars stock ships guide, but if you want me to list them let me know.

BTW if they board the slavers ship it might be a nice touch if you had pretty slavegirl offering herself to the handsome young padawan telling him she will serve him well and begs only that he be a kind master(The idea is to make this encounter as tempting as possible for the PC). Then he must decide will he will take her as a slave and gain a darkside point or free her and reaffirm his dedication to the light.

One last thing the emperor is still gunning for rogue jedi in this time period so the force must be used carefully or it risks drawing his notice and the fury of the empire.

I'd say the rest writes itself.

Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: