The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

call me crazy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> call me crazy.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: call me crazy. Reply with quote

Arakyd Hi-fex Morne-100 Battery. (turret)
Crew:20
Scale: Capital
Spc Rng: 2-12/30/60
Atmo Rng: 200-1.2km/3km/6km
Fire Ctrl: 3d*
Damage: 18d

Cost: 350,000
Weight: 220 ton
*this weapon is a turret mounted command center the weapon is machine loaded to hold 1 missle in each firing tube this weapon is VD to get to function the commander must make a sucessful Capital ship gunnery before the weapon will even work if sucessful add the fire control +2d to his roll. the weapon requires a tech group of 4 to reload (loader included) as you can imagine this i a large attachment and very costly to to use at 50,000 to 80,000 a shot. the battery can handle either type of payload concussion or proton seen fitted with proton. -1d if concussion this weapon when installed must be loaded (missles sold seperatly) and cannot fire less than 100 missles at this time. the loading crew must make a successful capital weapons repair roll (difficult) to reload the Battery this takes apx 10 hrs.
--Optional Automatic Reloader/replacment missle bay.
crew:2
skill: capital ship wep repair:Auto Reloader.
cost: 25,000
weight: 10 tons
the reloader we can provide requires an add on to the outerhull of a small pod where missles are fed to the loader and it runs a pattern to refill the battery it takes about 5 hrs to reload this way the bay can hold an additional 300 missles and the loader. there must be sufficiant space directly behind the battery to use this apx 10m(L)x10m(W)x5m(H)

Most of you will say this is crazy and it is, its not cost affective its slow but it is destructive if thats what you want here you go i couldn't fathom this being on anything under 150m long just for the weight it would add to a specific location its a major mod to add this to a ship they cut out the hull where you want it install a command center there reroute power and stuff around it and through it, and if your going to spend that kind of money you'd probly get a loader too the bay is pretty big and not that modular i've stretched a corellian corvette and put one on. (to come later.)
this weapon uses all the rules for combined action and command that apply the missles used on the corellian gunship and many other capital ships are Capital scale 8d-9d, 100 combined actions adds +9d to the result they have an avg ability of 3d (the fire control) this would take a Very difficult command roll to use. Is this weapon practical... probly not seeing the cost to use and what not would it be possible? yes. all my numbers are taken from the exsisting weapon for tonages and i ball parked the weight on the command center and storage bay. an opponent could obvioulsy target either the battery or the bay if they know what it is a scan of the battery would say its hot the bay probly not as a last resort weapon or something to rain doom on a planet probably a good choice esp if you put those missles in it designed to punish planetary shields. the bay would be made of the same hull material as the ship often times i would expect someone who put this on to give it a dedicated shield generator after all it does cost as much as most medium to heavy freighters.

...so what do you think?
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that weapon does more damage than the deathstar cannon in 2nd ed...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they emporer did make a destroyer called the emporers wisdom and all it had was missle launchers on it. its completly within the stats giving for combined action and what not and its capital not planetary damage if you use R&E its mean but not to mean i mean its 100 missles. that not supposed to be nice.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100 missles is a lot more than 18D if you make it a combined action...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. its not. its +9d with 100. base is 9d unless you view those as cumlative...
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you talking about fire-linked or combined action... because 100 missles with 9D base would be 9D+99 pips which would be 9D+33D which would be 42D damage... if you use the combined action rules. If you use fire-link rules, it'd be less...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

combined action where have you seen rules for fire linking thats different? cuz all the books weapons are combined actions..

http://www.rancorpit.com/chartsTables1.shtml

2 +1d
4+2d
6+3d
10+4d
15+5d
25+6d
40+7d
60+8d
100+9d

if you take out all the stuff in the middle thats the combined action table thats how weapons work at combining damage like a twin cannon to a quad does +2d if you look at the Mellinum falcon's stats you'll see over the stock yt-1300 thats how they do there damage and several other ships work out that way. i've always assumed thats how you get the damage from stuff when its quaded most i've ever seen done was 6 for cannons but thats way off in the future of the time line.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 83. In Star Wars RPG 2nd edition revised and expanded.
Quote:
If a command roll made is successful, the combined action is +1D for every three characters combining. Add a +1 for one "extra" character and a +2 for two "extra" characters.

On the second column of that page, it states:

Quote:
If a group of characters are combining actions on a combat task, the bonus can be split between the attack roll and damage roll. Likewise, if the task requires two or more skill rolls, the bonus can be split up among any of these rolls.

Example: Threll's troops have repaired the speeder and continue through the jungle. Several hours later, the Rebels sneak up on an Imperial biker scout.
Threll decides that his troops should ambush the scout. The Rebels have to take out the Imperial with one shop, since he could get off a warning on his comlink if he has a chance.
Threll commands eight of his troops to combine fire on the biker scout. The command difficulty is Moderate; Threll beats the difficulty number to get the +2D+2 bonus.
One of Threll's troopers has a blaster skill of 6D and uses a blaster rifle that does 5D damage. The Rebel is pretty likely to hit the trooper, but he wants to add +1D of the bonus to his blaster skill just in case.
If the Rebel hits, he gets to roll 6D+2 for damage. (5D and the remaining combined action bonus of +1D+2)

that's the stuff for combined action... as for fire-linking, the 4 fire-linked Laser cannons on an X-wing do 6D damage, and the 2 fire-linked Laser Cannons on the Y-wing only do 5D... so as you can see, the rule does not apply there. And, those are unmodified, stock ships...

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... i have to say Crell is right...those are the 2nd RE rules... the only way volo could be right is if what he is talking about is from the 2nd Edition rules.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volo Enrunk wrote:
if you take out all the stuff in the middle thats the combined action table thats how weapons work at combining damage like a twin cannon to a quad does +2d if you look at the Mellinum falcon's stats you'll see over the stock yt-1300 thats how they do there damage and several other ships work out that way. i've always assumed thats how you get the damage from stuff when its quaded most i've ever seen done was 6 for cannons but thats way off in the future of the time line.

The Quad Laser Turrets on the MF are modified... I've seen the base damage for them and they're only 5D, but they have better fire control than a double laser, that's why they're better.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group spent about half a year of game time creating two superlasers, one hidden inside an ancient ruin, which bounced off of satelites. The other was the entirety of a medium transport (we took all of the weapons we could find, put all of the power cells put them together for any 1 shot, disigned the weapon based on the combined plans of already existing capital weapons, and put them together.) We used the method with the groups of things, doing specific amounts of bonuses, so we would usually have about 25 lasers running around our well protected satelites, and we would hit with them all at once, every time we would do 21D capital scale to anything we wanted (not planets). We would gaurd our 125 or so satelites with about 100 droid brain TIEs, the other guys did not know what to attack Twisted Evil ! Tested the whole laser thing out on a victory class star destroyer, the thing exploded into a million peices! Very fun. Long story, well still long, I think that was a great idea, but I would have used lasers, much more cheap.
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: