The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Side note - Talk between Judu and Ven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Strike Team Three: Into the Fire - noctum_carpe -> Side note - Talk between Judu and Ven
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: Side note - Talk between Judu and Ven Reply with quote

ooc: thought id move this over here to keep it out of the current time frame of the cafeteria

suud43 wrote:
During transit to Brentaal:

After talking to Alliandra, Ven stood up and made his way to Judu's cabin. He knocked and said:" El-tee, I believe we need to talk."

Judu nods and says "Have a seat". When he sits down he chooses to see what Ven has to say before giving his opnion on the talk to come and says "Whats on your mind?"

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
suud43
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ven nods and sits down. "Look El-tee, I know we've had a bad start, being thrown together on an important mission like that. I want to apologize and I hope that things will get better." He smiles. "I just want to say that I have a lot of experience with the Empire, so I think I can offer some advice, if you want it."

"Learning by pain, motivation by horror."

"Life is real tough, bring a helmet."
vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I have now been informed of your previous experience, and had some time to do some research on it myself. So I do know you have much experience with squad based combat that I lack. But I also know you are quite familiar with the chain of command. I need to know that if I give an order, you will follow it. I have no problem if you bring something to my attention that I may have missed, but to counter my orders directly is not something I can stand. The success and failure of the mission is my direct responsibility, and I need to know I can trust my team. Do you understand where I'm coming from?" Judu asks allowing Ven to reply or get a few words in before continuing.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
suud43
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ven take a few seconds to think about Judu's words, then he answers:
"I do understand where you're coming from. I've led more than acouple of missions myself, sometimes with smaller often times with larger units." He stops, sighs and then continues.
"Look, I'll be honest. It was a stupid idea to use a hodgepodge team like this one on such an important mission. I know there was nothing else available, but still... I wish we had more time to train, as everybody is reacting in their own way. While this has its advantages, it leads to a lot of problems as well. I admit that I am used to a level of unit cohesion, SOPs and training that this team, to say it frankly doesn't posess right now.
That's one thing. The other is, combat is a fluid and quickly changin enviroment, requiring fast decisions. I don't want to lecture, but our performance as a team is far from as good as it should be. Our individual performance is great, but..." He shrugs.
"I can follow orders and I believe I've already proven that you can trust me. I just think that we have a long way to go as a team, that's all."

vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh I fully agree we have a ways to go. But not necessarily in the direction that you think. It is quite possible to have a team of individuals instead of a team of trained soldiers. I think the team just needs to get used to each other to start knowing one another before they can start relying on one another." He pauses before continuing "But that is not the main issue. The team needs to see a distinct leader. I know your better at squad based tactics then I am, but the tactics used by this squad will be quite different then the ones you are used to. A good thing about your skills, as it will be most likely that we come across imperials and you are quite familiar with their tactics, so you can easily counter or predict what they are doing. During combat I have no problem with you being the tactical commander and giving orders, but to accomplish a goal that I have set out. If I give an order in combat it is for a reason and would like to be able to count on you to follow me in that regard." He then waits for Vens reply

suud43
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ven leans back in his seat and smiles. "Ok, I agree. You call the shots and I'll make sure they hit." A boyish grin crosses his face. "Anyway, I am looking forward to working with and as a member of this team."

vong
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judu smiles and nods and says "Glad we have an understanding".

a more serious look crosses his face as he changes the subject "If you ever want to talk about your past, know that I always have an open door policy. I have read about your past, but it is always good to hear it direct from the source. Also know that my skills are at your disposal if you need help escaping from it. I have no love for the empire and have been with the rebellion from before it was called the rebellion." In his mind he recalls the start when he was recited. Both his sympathy for the cause and his bank account made him a prime recruit. He never wanted to be management or sit behind a computer screen his whole life so he opted for field work. That was always what he loved most about his company back home: He always go to go to the firms and do on site work there.

suud43
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ven nods slowly. "Thank you for the offer. For now, the Empire has me listed as MIA/presumed dead, so I don't think there will be any problems, especially as we're basically on the other side of the galaxy from where I went missing. As for talking about my past...if you've read my file, you know that there's a lot that I the Rebellion doesn't know about me and that's not only because I don't take too well to interrogation. If you have questions, I'll try to answer them, but there's things I generally don't like to talk about." Ven shrugs. "I know that makes me sound defensive and most likely not very trustworthy, but that's the way it is, at least for now. I don't want to slight you and I don't intend to offend you as well..." He shrugs again."The first operation I was on was Renatasia. I was a Cadet-officer then and led my unit through the whole of it, till the end. I lost over half of my platoon and they were all veterans, troopers who had gone through the Clone Wars. If you ever heard of the place and the war, you can think about what I went through there. I thought we were doing the right thing, bringing order to the galaxy, reinforcing peace. It took me years to find out what kind of order and peace the Empire stands for."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Strike Team Three: Into the Fire - noctum_carpe All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: