The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Adventures in the Rim - Prologue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures in the Rim - Delkarnu -> Adventures in the Rim - Prologue Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Adventures in the Rim - Prologue Reply with quote

It is year 13 of the Galactic Empire and the reign of Emperor Palpatine. The Great Jedi Purge has left all memories of the Jedi Order as traitors or frauds. Those that can feel the force practice their art in secret, lest the Emperor or Vader and his Inquisitors discover them. Those that cannot only know the Force as superstition. The Emperor's Stormtroopers have spread throughout the galaxy, enforcing order through fear.

The Empire is at Peace. Those worlds that would resist have been blockaded, and many non-human species have been enslaved. Some live as second-class citizens on Imperial controlled worlds, but many have fled to the outer-rim. There they live a dangerous existence on worlds with high crime, little protection, where the only authority is the local crime lord. Many innocents fall in the countless power struggles and battles for territory.

The Empire has begun to extend their presence out from the core and install governors on many worlds in the Rim. They live a decadent lifestyle off the many bribes that allow the crime lords to operate on the planets, but has led to a higher need for smugglers to get items through the Imperial Customs Patrols in orbit of many of the planets. Many make a living running goods between worlds on the rim, and fortunes can be made to those who risk and survive the runs of guns and drugs to the core.

The holo network brings only propaganda of the idyllic peace brought about by the Emperor, but the cantinas are rife with rumors of growing discontent on many of the worlds.
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The soft hum of the Corellian Hyperdrive resonates through the ship, propelling the Gabrik and Jerrol's YL-2200 effortlessly across the sector. It's new pilot, Gabrik, and his R5 unit made a smooth takeoff and effortless jump to lightspeed. Tihr Hilth's cargo rests in the hold along with the sealed crate destined for Elshandruu Pica. The life of a smuggler can be dangerous, and Katan and Dismas on board to deal with any security issues that arise.

It has been two days in hyperspace, with another four days expected before arrival on Elshandru Pica, when suddenly the comforting sound of the hyperdrive drops away. Sparks flay as the first laser blasts shake the ship...
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismas slaps the intercom,

"What in the Corellian Hells was that?"

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"BEEEOwoooP BEEoop!" (rough translation: Holy Bantha Poodoo!)

R5 makes his way to a computer terminal so he can jack in and monitor the ship systems.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerrolinGeldriv does not waste any time, and runs to the turret to get behind their own laser cannon, powering it up and looking for targets. He lets his partner know that he would like him to run a scan to know what targets he has to deal with.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php

Last edited by vong on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
obidancer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katan felt pretty satisfied with the new crew that he was travelling with. Though, much like anybody that end up in this field of work, everyone must have their share of Dark Secrets, few questions were asked, and Katan felt comfortable being around them.

The sounds of the hyperdrive alarm takes him off his thoughts. He jumps from his bunkbed where he'd spend the last couple hours, and as he's about to comlink to the bridge to know what was going on, the ship is shaken.

We're under attack!

Without wasting any time, Katan runs to the cockpit to check what's going on.
Captain, what's going on in here?

Last edited by obidancer on Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Herglic_w/o_a_head
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabrik replies on the intercom "Sounds like we have been pulled out of hyperspace! If you aren't ready for a fight get ready for one becuase this may be a BUMPY RIDE." and then begins to start powering up the ships shields and use the ships sensors to locate the attacking ship.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Do you need me on any systems? I am a Correllian."

Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the scene in the ship changes from mundane to critical, Geldriv's mind starts racing. Feeling the ship come under blaster fire, he urges Jerrol to get moving to the guns. As they run through the ship, Geldriv picks up his comlink, and patches it into the ship's internal comm, "Gabrik, begin evasive maneuvers. Dismas, get to shields and sensors, Gabrik has them primed; figure out what's happening out there. After that, reroute sensors to the turret, I'll scan from there, then monitor communications with R5. Katan, get to the second turret and be ready to act."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
obidancer
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy that, Captain.
Without delay, Katan makes his way to the turret. He plugs in the helmet to keep in contact with the crew and receive the sensor feedback.
Looking around from the viewport Katan tries to get a visual on what's attacking the ship.
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabrik - The shields power up to the front arc. Through the cockpit windows you see the wreckage of a freighter. Small debris glow blue as they bounce of the forward shield. Larger pieces lie in front of you, it is doubtful the shields will be able to prevent larger pieces from impacting the hull.

Jerrol, Geldriv, and Katan - You see the debris ahead of the ship, and as the turrets powers up, you see another ship coming up on the aft-port side.

Dismas - The cloud of debris is interfering with the sensors, but you are able to make out one ship aft-port, and the power output of two active weapons.

R5 - You are able to reroute sensors to Geldriv's station in the turret, and then interface with the comm systems. You hear nothing coming from the outside, only the internal communications.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sensors routed. Ship to aft-port, its hot. I can't move shields until we clear the debris."

Dismas moves off the sensor station and sets up on the shields.

Du Cass' Dream
Noven
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[In digitized basic to every player terminal]
"R5-Q1 plugged into the ship, monitoring systems and awaiting further orders"

R5 rotates the computer input thing around like in the movies and chirps occasionally.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerrol Swings the turret toward the threat and fires off a few shots to try to dissuade it from persuing them

ooc: 2 shots

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Delkarnu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first shot scrapes the hull as the enemy ship dives to avoid the blast, the second shot trails behind it into open space. Their guns light up, sending two blasts back toward the ship.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures in the Rim - Delkarnu All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: